The Letters Page! Episode 1 Discussion (Legacy)

Apparently, Anchorman vocal warm up

Thanks!

There were hints that perhaps Joseph Parsons' father had that power.

I thought that was at one point stated as Greatest Legacy's power, and now it is keen eyesight.  It has changed several times.  The first several Pauls used to just be listed as general physical enhancement.

What I love best is finding out that my theory to explain Legacy's in game powers was accurate, he can mostly negate one big shot, and adds to that general toughness.

I love the Dune-esque vulnerability to slow moving knives as well.

I also love the personality of Legacy in a fight.  Fly right into the center, cause havoc and trust the rest of the team to make things work out well.

Of course, a tactical expert, stealth user and speedster definitely fit well with that strategy.

Can't wait to find out more about the Wraith.

Fear the eventual eviscerator!

And the horribly slow murderer with the extremely inefficient weapon!

Was it one of the Drindelthengenflagenmorden?

OMG they actually did it!

Back on topic: they said that, in the card game/canonical timeline, Young Legacy first put on the Legacy costume after Iron Legacy beat Legacy up and she needed to fill in for him.  However, in the Iron Legacy timeline, represented on both the old and new versions of Young Legacy's incap side, she's in costume at the time she's killed by Baron Blade.  Does that mean that in the Iron Legacy timeline, Legacy lost to Baron Blade, but nonfatally, and she had to fill in for him?

He was captured it would appear in some vat and broke out as seen on Final Evolution of the Iron Legacy deck

I've always thought that was him crushing the regression serum from Hasten Doom as a sign that even traditional weaknesses can't stop him now. It looks more like a vial being crushed than a fist coming out of a vat to me.

I echo Paul's interpretation of events.

I can see that and on second glance it would appear to be just crushing a vial.   Though I'll still stand by the idea that he was likely temporarily incapped by Blade before he kills Young Legacy.  

Yeah, he's definitely the type to torture Legacy by killing his kid in front of him.

What a jerk.

Hopefully we'll get a good clarification on Felicia's backstory in an episode for her, because it sounds like there's a few interpretations on when she took on the Legacy mantle.

I'm also curious on when/what caused her to trade the Legacy title for Beacon. I know in Tactics that she did it because her father is still Legacy, but does that mean the Young Legacy variant is from a different part of the Multiverse? Did she fight in the OblivAeon event, and if so, which identity did she use? Is Beacon exclusive to Tactics, or is she always destined to be Beacon?

Man, probably questions I should submit...:)

In the timeline we see, Iron Legacy is the first time Felicia wears the costume, in the original timeline before Iron Legacy, I'd assume the fight against Blade in the mars base was the first time she fought alongside her father.

My understanding:

• Original timeline: Baron Blade kills Paul, Felicia becomes Legacy and beats him.
  • Iron Legacy timeline: Baron Blade incapacitates Paul temporarily, Felicia becomes Legacy and is promptly killed, Paul goes nuts and kills Blade.
  • Shattered timeline: Unclear.  Next Evolution shows them both in costume in a non-hostile situation, so she at least starts wearing the costume at some point, probably when they go up against Iron Legacy.  She most likely never calls herself Legacy, though.

She's not in costume in Next Evolution. She's just wearing a t-shirt that has a small Legacy logo on it. My guess is it depicts when Paul first found out about her powers.

Which is another question to ask -- does a Parsons get all the powers at once, or do they start with the previous generation's, then develop one later?

On another thread, @Powerhound2000 asked where Christopher and Adam talked about the Freedom Six. As a result, I ended up making a table of contents to help future people:

• 00:00 - Introduction
  • 03:50 - Parsons family overview
  • 07:39 - Particular Parsons, starting from Joseph Parsons to Paul Parsons VIII, the current Legacy
  • 17:27 - Start of the questions
  • 19:55 - DLo Lott's question on Mama Parsons and how she feels about the Legacies going around putting themself in danger
  • 22:30 - Senator Emily Parsons
  • 27:17 - Nielzabub: relations between Paul Parsons VIII and Pauline Felicia Parsons
  • 28:00 - crossing the streams
  • 32:35 - Chris Burton: Relation between Legacy and Iron Legacy, how time travel works
  • around 35:10 - discussion of nature of Iron Legacy event (35:46: "ousted from other world")
  • 36:00 - Nielzabub question, how did relationship change as a result of Iron Legacy
  • 38:44 - David: Who does Legacy trust?

At this point i found what I was looking for. Someone else can fill this in more!

I really need to get that Podcast directory set up on the wiki. I'll work on the page for it this weekend.