The Letters Page: Not-a-sode

Christopher discusses his health and with Adam discuss what is happening. Best wishes Christopher.

3 Likes

Bear with us!

Oh no.

Was expecting this one after what Adam said on his art stream to explain why no cover, but oof, I’m really wondering what happened to the poor guy. Hopefully the doctors can give him a solid answer.

1 Like

Very bad news indeed. I hope the eventual prognosis is less serious than it currently sounds, and hope his pain medications do the job better than they appear to be at the moment.

I would suggest less concern with doing double episodes of the podcast and more on self-care and recovery, though.

7 Likes

Yeah, honestly if it’s a long-term thing they should just have like “Dad Notes” with Adam and Paul or something, and just pick up the podcast again from the time-skipped schedule later on.

3 Likes

1 Like

Oh no, that’s awful. Sending best wishes to Christopher.

I would like to double-up on “do not do double episodes when you get back, rest and recover” with a minor caveat for “unless doing double episodes legitimately makes you feel better and helps the recovery process”, because people do recover differently. But yeah, I’m not going to be pacing back and forth growling about where the podcast is.

Fingers crossed for a smooth surgery and steady recovery process.

7 Likes

One possibility for stand-in content might be to 'cast the occasional session of the RPG. I assume Adam (or someone at GTG) is still running it, and it wouldn’t require Chris to strain himself. There’s a real dearth of actual plays for the game out there.

1 Like

Yes, for sure, I would much rather have a few weeks of an Adam-and-Paul podcast than a promise that they’ll record two a week. Take the time to work through the tests and procedures and heal up. Hopefully they find a resolution that gets Christopher back to where he wants to be.

2 Likes

I’m still gunning for “Paul Bender and Chris Burton write an issue of Disparation.” Say it’s an issue written by some new blood while the editor-in-chief is out of commission. That way they can play it off no matter how bad or non-canon it is (though I think those two could do a stellar job together).

5 Likes

End it with them discussing the cover with Adam.

4 Likes

“So in the story we wrote, everyone is a robot. Like, ridiculously complex robots. And it’s an ensemble story, so they should all be on the cover.”

2 Likes

I’m adding my signature to the petition for “Christopher please focus on recovering from surgery before you throw yourself into even more work”

10 Likes

Yes, please take the time to recover. We understand recording the podcast is a labor of love, and we the fans certainly enjoy listening to it as well. However, we want Sentinel Comics content to continue in the future (particularly through completion of Definitive Edition) and the SC creative team has already suffered too many losses.

I will back up the notion of an Adam & Paul podcast, even if only for the fact that we haven’t heard their letters song yet.

7 Likes