The Slaughterhouse Six Into the Stratosphere...?

I'm staring a weird interaction in the face at this very moment. The current situation is:

I'm playing a Vengeance game. Ambuscade has been incapacitated. At the current moment, there are no non-character villain cards in play other than two of his Nemesis cards. I just Experimented Into the Stratosphere (and Chain Lightning; that's where there are only two left) into play.

Now technically, Ambuscade doesn't have a deck. He's incapped and his deck was removed from the game. What do?

In the interest of me maybe having a shot at winning (I'm playing advanced), I'm going to throw Re-Volt on top of Ambuscade's "deck" and call him permanently out of the game. Of course, no matter what happens, I'm gonna hit La Capitan for a bunch of damage and probably win anyway, but I can't help thinking this isn't a valid play. Help, forums!

There is no deck to go to so I'd say he is removed from the game by Into the Stratosphere.  

Edit: I won anyway. :B

Ambuscade's incap side say that you remove the Slaughterhouse members from play whenever something would remove them from the play area.  Since placing a card on a deck would normally be removing it from the play area, Into the Stratosphere would remove them from play.

I guess that makes sense, yeah.

Another thing to note is that with into the stratosphere you can move it to the top of any villain deck (unless that got a ruling I don't know about).

I know from Beta and alpha testing with the video game Into the Stratosphere puts the card on top of the villain deck it belongs to.  I wouldn't have thought it would have an option and would seem odd to me if it did.