The Void Guard's shards

In the Patreon exclusive ep about this year’s Gencon module, Christopher made reference to the Void Guard having ditched their shards, but I don’t remember that happening. I know they’ve broadly hinted that it was going to have to happen but I don’t recall hearing anything about the details of that. Did I miss a story somewhere?

Don’t recall any story but I know way back in their episode they realize there is something problematic with their shards in their future section.

2 Likes

i thought Writhe explicitly lost his shard when he lost the Shadow Cloak. And Faultless talking to Idealist indicated that getting rid of those were her next priority after OA was dealt with.

Vertex Writhe lost the shard but kept the cloak, RPG Writhe lost the cloak but kept the shard.

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember that during Oblivaeon they realized there was a problem with keeping the shards, but I don’t recall any discussion of how that played out.

1 Like

There wasn’t, because the fate of the Void Guard is tied up in the Schrodinger’s box of RPG content (it exists, and yet it does not).