Trying for Prime at Gen Con 2017

I have no idea what the official >G Gen Con events are this year, but I think it would be fun to try something, now that all things will be revealed once Oblivaeon is released(which is supposed to happen before Gen Con).

What if we could play through the entire multiverse over the course of the con?

I'm thinking of a marathon/legacy style series of games, as had been suggested elsewhere on these fora, but in-person for whoever can attend Gen Con.

We would play each villain in sequence, roughly in order of the events of the "prime" timeline. People would sign up for the villain they wanted to play, and can choose whatever heroes they wanted to, as long as that hero has not been defeated previously. That's right: if a hero is incapped during a fight, that Character Card is out, and that hero can only be played with a promo character card in future fights!

I think we could have a rough estimate of how long each fight would take, and have time slots for all of the villains, so that people would only be taking a small part of their con experience to help out. I know that at least the first eight or nine villains have a ton of play within the community, so we could get a fairly good estimate on the time it would take for those.

Would anybody want to take part in an event like this? I'm not sure how environments would be determined, and I'm a little fuzzy on how the Vengeance/Villains fights would go, as they are pretty variable in length, but I think it would be fun to have people drop by and help contribute to the preservation of the Multiverse!

I don't know how I missed this post, but I'd love to do something like this.

Would there ba any place we could have set up for 24 hour play?  I think it would be super cool if we could have games going, try to get teams of three to come play for blocks of time and then if there are more people that want to play they can jump in and get us 4&5 player teams.

I would spend a lot of my free hours (what little I will have) playing in such an event.

If you get a dedicated group together that definitely wants to do this and could use help finding dedicated space, shoot me an email (paul@greaterthangames.com) and I'll see what I can do to make it happen!

Thanks Paul! We'll try to gauge interest sooner rather than later.

I started a sheet to try to organize games! Combination signup/timeline organization sheet, really, as I'm fairly fuzzy on precisely when each of the fights happen, other than (mostly) the expansion release order.

There are a few things we can all decide together: 1) How canonical we want to get with "when" heroes are available to be used(i.e. Parse available only after Cosmic Omnitron?); 2) If/where the alternate-timeline fights go; 3) how we distribute the team villains fights.

I think 1 would be interesting to be pretty strict, but it's probably simpler to open up the roster from the start.

Also, I would love to do advanced/challenge matches, but I'm hoping regular villains will go smoothly enough this year so we can try bigger, badder villains at other events in the future.