UK Games Expo

I have questions!

1) Who is going to be at UK Games Expo in June?

2) If I am at UK Games Expo in June, and had space to run demos, who would be interested in volunteering to help me run demos in exchange for a free badge?

1) I'd sure like to!

2) I AM ALL THE INTERESTED

Seriously, volunteering for you guys is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

@Silverleaf

Awesome! Can I put you down as Definitely Yes???

You can put me down as Definitely Yes If I Can Find A Cheap Hotel Room. ;)

You can put me down as a 'Definitely Yes!' who already has a hotel room!

And a smartphone. I have a smartphone now. I may do dumb stuff, but I learn from my dumb stuff!

I'll work something out hotel-wise. Boyfriend seems surprisingly keen to go to Expo so at least I can share!

Paul, what dates are we looking at? I know it's 3-6th June but presumably being there for setup and takedown would be good, right? I'm totally free for extra days as long as I know what's happening...

I'm staying at the wonderfully titled 'ETAP (soon to be Ibis Budget) Birmingham Airport', which according to my research a while ago, was the cheapest hotel that is still within walking distance of the NEC and the Hilton. Rooms are about 90 pounds a night without cancellation/food, if they still have any.

Thanks Julia, I'll check that one out. :)

Airbnb, guys! It's where it's aaaaaat

Where is this Expo thingy? Is it in London? If it is, maybe I can come along...

It's in Birmingham.

I am still working on the optimal trans-Atlantic flight, but I just discovered that you can get round-trip tickets from London to Birmingham for £22, so I'll fly into whatever airport is cheapest.

From where I am, it weirdly enough is cheapest to fly from Cologne to London Heathrow, take the train from Euston to Birmingham International and then fly from Birmingham Airport back to Düsseldorf and take the train back to Cologne.

I said 'cheapest', not 'most convenient'.

Luckily I'm only an hour and a half from Birmingham, which of course takes longer on a train. Still, pretty short journey.

Birmingham? Bahhh, I got all excited there for a moment :(.

@Ameena

Could you come up on the train? It says it only takes about 2 hours.

Paul, can you confirm what dates you need people? Want help with setup, etc?

If this is just demos and not a booth we're talking about (and I have the feeling we are), there probably won't even be anything much to set up or take down. 

If it was a booth, you would probaly look at a Thursday daytime set up and a Sunday by 6pm takedown (some of my friends will have a booth, that's how I know).

But I still don't think there is a booth. That would be so much work for them.

Um...I've never been to Birmingham and I just checked the train website and it looks like there's about four stations there so I wouldn't know which one to go to. If it takes two hours to get there, that's about half a day just on travelling so I probably wouldn't be able to be there for too long, plus it's probably really expensive to go all the way up...erm...wherever exactly Birmingham is (somewhere near the middle, I think?). I also may be going on holiday from the 6th of June but it's not confirmed just yet. If this meet-up was in London I wouldn't mind going and would even be okay making the journey by myself. Still, never mind. Maybe there will be one in London that I can get to at some point, some day ;).