Updating the Story Challenges for the Expansions

Hey Folks,

I just found out about the story challenges, and thought they looked like an excellent way to augment an already great game. However, I noticed they were missing quite a bit of game material, namely the expansions and mini-expansions. I converted the pdf to a google document, and have been editing it to make a newer, more expansion relevant version. What I'd like is for some input - more specifically, I'm looking for your great ideas for new challenges. Unfortunately, I am not yet the proud owner of any of the expansions, so I would love it if you guys had any cool or interesting challenges for the rest of us. So, if you are creatively inclined and wish you contribute, if you could post up in this format - 

1) What is the name of your challenge?
2) Is it a Hero, Villain, Environment or Gameplay Challenge?
3) Give a quick, 1 line description of you must must accomplish to achieve said awesomeness
4) Give it a relative point value (keeping in mind the values that are already present in Greater than Game's official version.

You can find my updated sheet here

As you guys come up with ideas, I'll stick them in as appropriate. 

Have fun, and Keep Playing!

Here's one I just did!

Cyberdyne Systems

Environment Challenge

Have the Supercooled Trisolvent Vat kill Omnitron. 

25 points

(50 points if Omnitron-X is incapacitated by the Supercooled Trisolvent Vat and the heroes still win)

Bountyful Revenge

Villian Challenge

When playing against Plague Rat in The Final Wasteland, Chrono Ranger can only place bounties on his nemeses (Plague Rat and Rat Cryptids). Chrono Ranger must deliver the finishing blow to Plague Rat and any Rat Cryptids that enter play.

15 Points (Similar to the 10pt "Defeat your Nemesis" challenges, but with extra restrictions earning extra points).

Wagner Mars Base needs to be added to World Traveller for the Base Set.

Here's one:

Self-Termination

Reduce Omnitron to 0 or fewer HP by using Omnitron-X's Self-Sabotage.

Edit:

I realized this may have sounded official… it's really not… I am just playing with this myself and hoping for some feedback!

I've thrown together a kind of basic update - it feels similar to the original Story Challenges in that there are 2 per environment, nemesis challenges, some special challenges, etc…

I removed two that bothered me… namely, the ones for cumulative damage and healing - those generally end up with people saying "meh, I've done 500 damage over all my games by now…"  Concepts were fine, but they were just hard to track.

Updated Challenges:

• Heroic Dedication (more points, all heroes listed)
  • Catfight (renamed "Massive Catfight", now includes all female villains, worth more points)
  • Stop, Evildoer!  (more points, all villains listed)
  • Universal Guardian (more points, all villains listed)
  • World Traveler (more points, all environments listed)

New Challenges:

• In the Name of Freedom... Two! (15SP) -  Win a game as the Freedom 6
  • A Virus Among Us  (40SP) - Defeat Plague Rat while all heroes are infected
  • Safe  (50SP) - While fighting Spite do not allow any innocents to die
  • Operation Chairman (30SP) - Defeat The Chairman while The Operative is still in play, then win the game
  • Birds of a Feather (30SP) - Defeat the Matriarch with The Mask in play
  • The Tormented Earth (20SP) - Deal over 125 damage to Akash'Bhuta directly in one game.
  • Of Gods and Men (30SP) - Defeat all 9 members of The Ennead in one round
  • Fists of Fury (20SP) - Defeat Apostate with both Gauntlets of Perdition in play (I just realized I don't think this is possible and should be replaced)
  • A Walking Arsenal (25SP) - Defeat Ambuscade with 5 different devices in play
  • Beats, Books, and Bones (60SP) - Defeat GLoomweaver with all three of his Relics in play
  • Luck Smiles on the Unlucky (30SP) - Defeat Kismet without destroying any Jinx cards
  • Across a Sea of Time (35SP) - The heroes must win and may not destroy La Paradoja Magnifica while fighting La Capitan
  • All in your Head (45SP) - Defeat The Dreamer with all heroes and The Dreamer at full health
  • Get a Clue (15SP) - Miss Information must play a clue on a hero turn
  • America's Fallen Legacy (50SP) - Stop Iron Legacy before he deals more than 32 damage
  • A Mother's Contempt (10SP) - Defeat Citizen Dawn as Expatriette
  • Mirror Images (10SP) - Defeat Omnitron as Omnitron-X
  • You Give That Back! (10SP) - Defeat Plague Rat as the Chrono Ranger
  • Love Lost, Avenged (10SP) - Defeat Spite as The Wraith
  • Our Town (10SP) - Defeat The Chairman as Mr. Fixer
  • Fletching (10SP) - Defeat The Matriarch as Tachyon
  • Harmony with Nature (10SP) - Defeat Akash'Bhuta as The Argent Adept
  • Black and White and Red All Over (10SP) - Defeat Apostate as The Fanatic
  • I Attack the Darkness (10SP) - Defeat Gloomweaver as Nightmist
  • Greet the Sun (10SP) - Defeat The Ennead as Ra
  • Pants of Fury (10SP) - Defeat Ambuscade as Haka
  • Lost Legacies (10SP) - Defeat Iron Legacy as The Freedom Six
  • Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich (10SP) - Defeat The Dreamer as The Visionary
  • The Ratpack (20SP) - Win the game with 4 Escaped Lab Rats in play
  • Dangerous Chemicals (50SP) - Do not destroy any chemical vats while battling in the Pike Industrial Complex.
  • Help Wanted (20SP) - Do not allow Dr. Tremata or Tony Taurus to be killed while fighting in Rook City
  • The Streets Will Run... Green? (40SP) - Allow Toxic Sludge to kill the villain with at least one surviving hero.
  • ... When You're Having Fun (20SP) - Play at least H*4 cards between all heroes in one turn while Time Flies is in play.
  • From Another Dimension (40SP) - Allow a Portal Fiend to kill the villain
  • Tribulations (15SP) - Win the game with at least 3 Trial cards in play.
  • The Fall of Anubis (25SP) - Defeat Anubis with only hero damage.
  • Breaking Point (75SP) - Reduce all targets to 0 health with fixed point in play, then win the game.  (You read that right.  All targets.)
  • Crushing... Victory? (40SP) - Allow the Crushing Hallway to defeat the Villain.  All heroes must survive
  • Barely Hanging On (25SP) - Win the game with 1 card left in the environment trash and the card "Lost in the Past" in play
  • Let the Sheriff Get His Men (35SP) - Let Sheriff Pratt kill all three Hayes Brothers in one game.
  • The Hoeff is Mine! (30SP) - Allow Char to kill Warden Hoefle.
  • Excessive Defense (20SP) - Win the game with Defensive Displacement in play.
  • Wasted (40SP) - Allow at least 5 Cryptids to be removed from the game with Unforgiving Wasteland in play
  • Con's Full House (35SP) - Accumulate 3 Rat Beasts and 2 other matching Cryptids with Con's Bunker in play.
  • Devastation (50SP) - Deal 50 or more damage in a single Hero Turn.

I think that's all of them…

sentinels achievements.pdf (69 KB)

Adjustment to Breaking Point (which we managed last night in a 4 player game with Tachyon, Expatriette, Haka, and Unity against La Capitan... that was harsh)  - wording: "Reduce all villain, environment, and hero targets to 0 health with Fixed Point in play, then win the game with at least one hero surviving."  We've been running under the belief that with Fixed Point in play you don't flip (unless already flipped) when reduced to zero health until its effect ends.

Here are a few ideas for achiements. I've done the ones with a *.

* Incomplete high (15 PP): Defeat Spite without having him flip.

* Anticlimatic robot reveal (20 PP): Defeat Baron Blade during the round he flips or during the round after he flips.

* Nice job killing yourself Villian (20 PP): Have a villain do enough damage to themselve's to reduce thier HP to zero

* Crime Possie (10 PP): End the game with Tyler, Matthew, and Cyrus Hayes in play

* A Ranger's duty (10 PP) : Have Chrono Ranger deal damage to Tyler, Matthew, and Cyrus Hayes

* A Ranger's true duty (20 PP): Have Chrono Ranger reduce the HP of  Tyler, Matthew, and Cyrus Hayes to 0.

* Lone Ranger's Duty (30 PP): Have Chrono Ranger reduce the HP of Tyler, Matthew, and Cyrus Hayes to 0 without having any other hero target deal any damage to Tyler, Matthew, and Cyrus Hayes.

* Two Sherrif's Guns (10 PP): End the game with Sherrif Pratt and Chrono Ranger in play (Chrono rnger cannot be incapasitated)

* Law and Order through Time Travel (15 PP): Have Shrrif Pratt reduce the villain's HP to 0.

* Self Harm to Others (10 PP): Deal damage to a villain by redirecting damage a hero is doing to themselves.

* The Devil Made Me Do It (30 PP): have Fanatic deal Infernal damage to another hero.

* Holy Powers of Darkness (30 PP): Have Apostate deal Radiant Damage to a hero.

* She's just hiding (10 PP): Finish the game with Visionary's Psychic Cucoon inplay.

* Why Didn't My Shield Protect Me? (20 PP): Defeat Ambushcade while the Reactive Plating is in play.

* Big Damn Heroes (20 PP): Have a hero target defeat the villian the turn it enters play (the hero target must deal the finishing blow)

* Summon Bigger Fish (20 PP): Have an enviroment target defeat the villain the turn it enters play (the enviroment target must deal the finishing blow)

* Metal beats Dino (10 PP): Defeat a Dinosaur with a Raptor Bot.

* In the Name of Robotic freedom (50PP): Have at any one time in play Champion Bot, Turret Bot, Swift Bot, Stealth Bot, and Cryo Bot.

* My Pain is Your Enimes Greater Pain (10 PP): Have Cryo Bot deal damage to villain targets by having it be damaged by a hero target. *

* Ass Pull Victory (20 PP): Win the game by using an effect to deal damage to both the villain and heroes, and defeat the villain this way without damaging any heroes this way *

* Jusy Short of the End of Days (15 PP): Destory End of Days before the next Enviorment Turn beigns.

* Not The Man I Wish To Be (15 PP): Defeat Iron Legacy as Legacy

* That Man Is Not My Father (15 PP): Defeat Iron Legacy as Young Legacy

* Son, I am Disapointed in You (15 PP): Defeat Iron Legacy as Greatest Legacy.

* My Sun's brighter than Your Sun (30 PP): Have both Solar Flare and Channel the Eclipse in play at any one time.

* Armed and Angerous (5 PP): Have any one her have 3 Equipment in play at one time.

* Armed to the Teeth (20 PP): have at any one time H*3 hero equipment in play

Bump

Should I update my unofficial challenges?

I was working on an update for the Story Challenges with the expansions as well, but I decided to really do it right I'd have to incorporate the game statistics into the point values. In other word defeating Iron Legacy should be worth more than defeating Baron Blade.

Also, most of the Challenges don't specify how many Heroes are in use. Three Heroes in most cases will be a lot more challenging to win with than five. Given the (H) mechanic, there are probably also some scenarios where having three might be easier than having four or five.

So I decided that that was probably more work than I had time for at the moment, and changed the Challenges doc to a simple checklist.

Yes, I think they're really well designed. Update them for Vengeance! :slight_smile:

You should totally update it!

Here are two i just thought of off the top of my head:

* the Messager Fallen (30 PP) defeat Spite, Messanger of Gloom as the Dark Watch, and only the dark watch.

* Slaying the Skinborne God (30 PP) Defeat Gloomweaver the Skinwalker as the Dark Watch, and only the dark watch.

* Those who Watch the Night (20 PP): Complete The Messanger Fallen and Slaying the Skinborne God.

The obvious one, of course, is the Freedom Five against the Vengeful Five.

Completely by random chance, I had the Police Backup take out Baron Blade after the Freedom Five only managed to do 14 damage to his remaining 15HP.

It was both awesome and a bit anti-climatic.

I don't have a good idea for a name, but I think it'd be a fun achievement to throw out there to have all three Baron Blades get defeated with the 'deathblow' being a THOKK!

Obviously, one that would require three games to pull off.

Bump