Visiting Indy

My partners and I are performing at the Indy Improv Festival next weekend, and will (may?) have a lot of free time on our hands! I know several of you regular folks are from the area, is there anything we should definitely visit or experience? 

We often default to eating, local alcohol, and mini-golf, so anything outside of that or solidly within that would be most helpful.

What are you performing? 

If you like mini golf, you might like this quite unusual course: https://rusticgolfindy.wordpress.com/

There are plenty of breweries and restaurants, but I'm out of the habit of going out, so don't have a lot of recommendations handy. That being said, I'm fond of Duos Indy. http://www.duosindy.com/

One of Indianapolis' best qualities is that it's downtown is compact and walkable. But where to walk to? The canal is pleasant. City Market is old timey and has lots of little restaurants (including a Duos Indy spot, though they probably don't have the full menu). You might want to head to the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis and see if they'll give you a tour of the areas that were converted from the old train station, including some hotel rooms that are inside old rail cars.

In addition, it might just be a thing that my kids & I do (and my kids do with folks besides me), but state capitol building tours are always a neat hour or two.

As you mentioned alcohol: The Fountain Square area has a variety of bars, a distillery, and a cidery (?), along with a variety of restaraunts and other things to do like duckpin bowling. 

Take a trip to Shapiro's Delicatessen for lunch, and do your best to save room for a slice of pie afterwards.  :D

Thank you everyone! That mini-golf course looks really great, and all the recomendations on food look exciting too. 

@Jff I do love capital tours, when my wife and I were last in Indy (when time was much more compressed,) we managed to see that and the Civil War musuem before we had to leave. 

@Arenson, we're performing a show where actors perform scripts from plays and improvisers improvise the other half of the scene without knowing the script, it's (almost) always spectacular. We're performing Saturday at 7:30 at the Indy Fringe Theater as part of the crossroads Comedy festival (the act is called Magical Lying Hour.) 

Thanks. It’s very unlikely I would be able to make that, sadly. Hope it goes great. Please let us know what you end up doing in Indy and how you like it.