Weekly One-Shot #282: Gold Rush

Chokepoint is time-traveling to Silver Gulch in the old west, looking for a mother-lode of metal to shape. Chrono-Ranger has recruited Void Guard (Writhe, Road Warrior Mainstay, Super Sentai Idealist and Malpractice Dr. Medico MD) to go back in time and put an end to her plans. But will they be able to stop her in time before she alters the timestream?

Well, yeah. That was… actually pretty straight-forward. I have had horrible fights with Chokepoint before, but here she never really got going, and the heroes defeated her before she could get her worst cards out. I guess the person who set this match up isn’t evil, cruel or sadistic at all!

Chrono-Ranger put Chokepoint down at the start of the fourth round.

I wasn’t expecting the game to end that quickly (but hey, no complaints), and was just getting all the heroes really set up.

All heroes did their part, but I might give MVP status to Writhe who one turn put 15 points of damage on Chokepoint and kept her from healing for most of the game.

The environment seemed worrying, but actually wasn’t too bad. “Lost In the Past” came out first round, but turns out the game was short enough that I just ignored it. And when “Matthew Hayes” showed up on the last environment turn, he actually took a pot shot at Chokepoint! Them Hayes boys aren’t all bad, I reckon…

1 Like

I was expecting Chokepoint to blow up an explosives wagon at some point, but nope! Just a fun, short fight where she didn’t do too much. :slight_smile: Got to cut loose a bit because of it.

Yeah, this wasn’t bad at all! Chokepoint went down on Idealist’s 3rd turn.
TIL Silver Gulch has a gold mine, too! Does that place it in or near California? I don’t recall many locations being nailed down other than Megalopolis in Connecticut and Insula Primalis somewhere within the Arctic Circle.

I guess we know why this one was called Gold Rush, then. Stupidly easy. Even on Ultimate I think this would have been an easy win. I did appreciate noticing that Mano A Mano combos with Bring It (though only at the end of the turn, not the start), and having a game with Dr. Malpractice in which I never once healed anybody and wasn’t even momentarily bothered by having Red Right Hand up. Usually the inability to change your mind about it in the next round becomes an issue, but here? Purely an extra source of dakka for ending the game in four rounds.