Weekly One-Shot #283: Dev Stream

Baron Blade is streaming live from Fort Adamant! Just in case the Terralunar Impulsion Beam Mark 1 fails, he’s got a backup! (Challenge mode, trash doesn’t shuffle on flip, 15 cards = game over on both sides)

Will SADmark, XPW CC, and Golem Unity “like” and subscribe to his channel? Or will it even matter as the impending doom of the moon’s impact draws closer by the minute?!

Phew! Mint for me, but just barely. HP 19/5/5, with 14 cards in Blade’s trash! :hushed: :new_moon: :earth_americas:

Hoo, boy. That second turn is a killer and a half. I really thought that I was done for when it happened.

In the end, I also won with 14 cards in the trash and one device out in play ready to get potentially killed on the Environment Turn. Slightly more health on my heroes, but health was not my primary concern!

I, too, squeaked out a Mint, with 14 cards in the discard pile of doooom, and the heroes at 14/3/3 - when those four Hasten Dooms came out in a row I thought I was done for! But a Vitality Conduit and Play With Madness brought Unity back from the brink, and shortly thereafter she brought all three Platform Bots out, adding insult to the considerable injury she inflicted. Blade flipped soon after.
The end came suddenly, on Blade’s turn, when he attacked Benchmark. But the Baron was down to his last two hp, and Countermeasures was in play - the game was fading to the victory screen before I realized what had happened.
Overall, one of the more exciting Baron Blade fights I’ve experienced.

Mint with the heroes at 7/6/3 and 14 cards in Baron Blade’s discard pile. I guess my heroes were a bit more reckless on taking damage than other teams here, but with Baron Blade’s ticking clock they just threw caution to the wind.

Oh, and 4 “Hasten Doom” cards in a row on Blade’s second turn?!?!?! I don’t know what was worse, Blade beating up on the heroes and destroying all kinds of bots and constructs, or Blade getting 4 more cards into his discard pile. Truly, the person who came up with that card order is evil, cruel AND sadistic! ™

After Blade’s second turn, I was wondering if Unity was going to survive, but she rallied and quickly got a bot army growing that did seemly exponentially increasing damage. Way to go, Unity-bot!

The environment actually wasn’t horrible this game. “General Armstrong” coming out on the first turn was nice, and he helped temper the damage from other environment cards. Again, I didn’t think he was going to survive (“Cryo Bot” played right before Blade played his 4 consecutive “Hasten Doom” card send some unfortunate collateral damage his way) but he also rallied and stood strong, doing some consistent damage to Blade. In fact, it was the General who flipped Blade to his back side AND defeated him. Way to go, General Armstrong! I was also able to set Radioactivist up to make a big attack on Baron Blade, which was nice.

Fun match. 5/5. Would fight again.