Weekly One-Shot #291: The Arc of Unreality

The Fifth and Final Shield of OblivAeon must be brought down for the heroes to have any hope of stopping the destruction of all realities! Can Nightmist “Be The Gate” while her Dark Watch companions Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, Setback, and Harpy take on the Big Golden Boye Progeny? Trying to stop him in Rook City and the Pike Industrial Complex can’t help! (Other Options Temple of Zhu Long, MMFFCC, and Realm of Discord)

Good luck heroes!

~A-Kat

Mint (Woo!) with 6 Scions down, 8 Heroes, 2 Environments, and a Voss in a Pear Tree.

Not going to lie, this shield is hard to take down before the Inevitable Destruction tokens tick down because you need a lot of environment cards to stay in play. I ended up double-destructing Rook City and Pike in the same turn via 15 tokens and Inevitable Destruction. By that point, Expat had gone down, replaced with base Tempest, who had gone down, and then made heroes immune to Infernal. That made the big booms less owchie. From there, MMFFCC and Temple of Zhu Long are both really good at getting lots of cards out, so eventually his shield went away. Spoilers, he switches to the second zone after the Scions play, so keeping everyone in zone 1 allows you to flip the shield round 2.

After that, I cycled through several heroes trying to get rewards and set up before another big boom. Things weren’t too bad, Scholar tanked, Legacy damage boosted, Sentinels blocked, and then Stuntman found the OblivAeon Shard. Big bada nukes after that, with a lot of heroes granting him incaps of extra turns to deal looooots of irreducible damage. Legacy Lead from the Front or Mainstay Human Shield made sure any incoming damage was redirected away from Stuntman.

Temple was even kind enough to allow Legacy to play a take-down on the environment turn after OA flipped to his third phase. After that, OA followed by Voss didn’t survive the next round, with Stuntman dealing well over 200 damage himself.

A couple of misplays and wrong order shenanigans, but nothing too serious. Naturalist with Environmental Allies in the Temple was great for making sure the heroes were getting only benefits from the Mysterious Ceremonies which definitely helped.

~A-Kat

I was shocked. I actually Minted this, with 7 Scions defeated and 19 heroes incapped. <.< I think that makes this the third OA one-shot I’ve actually beaten? And the first Mint.

I have no suggestions to make, just get lucky, push the right buttons, and maybe use your strongest heroes first, saving Legacies, Nightmists and Writhes to deal with the constant onslaught of villain cards in round 3. Oh yeah, and kill Tempest.

Legacy and Tempest replaced Expat and Setback pretty early, and Akash subbed in for Nightmist and helped break the shield with one countdown token on Phase 1. A War-Torn Landscape mission and As the Earth Turns were really clutch there.

Akash finally got nuked along with Pike Industrial when OA shifted zones to start Phase 3. Fixer only barely held on, with 1 HP! :astonished:

Luckily, Legacy got a Take Down to start the final round and shut out OA’s end of turn baloney. Fixer had enough boost with Bloody Knuckles, Dual Crowbars, and Legacy’s Inspiring Presence to tap OA, then Voss, with a Riveting Crane strike and negate the 7 devastation token DR. Then it was Harpy with a couple shard-boosted Mecha-Knight strikes (targeting both Voss and OA thanks to Applied Numerology) to clear the board and save the day!

Oh wow, congrats on taking Voss out early! :open_mouth: I had to do it the hard way.

Yeah, I wish it had been Mr. Fixer who got the Mecha-Knight so he wasn’t constantly smashing the heroes’ things with his power. Harpy made fantastic use of it, though! Then she ended up with the OblivAeon Shard too and the damage got turned up to 11! :boom:

I realized after the fact that Fixer actually doubly benefitted from Bloody Knuckles by using the Crowbars to hit OblivAeon first. I was worried it was going to be just barely enough to break Voss’s -7 damage taken, but once the boost got added again for the second swing Voss took 4 and his shield was no good any more! Then Harpy swooped in with about 50 damage per turn and it was GG.