Weekly One-Shot #292: Random Chance

It’s Trickster Kismet vs. TermiNation Unity, F6 Wraith, SADmark, Visionary Unleashed, and DW Harpy in Insula Primalis. Random start, as the name suggests, so good luck to all and share your experience if you wish!

It wasn’t too bad for me, got Mint on round 6 I believe. Benchmark was lowest at 6 HP after being beaten on by Kismet’s front side form until I decided to flip her. Others were at 10 HP or higher. Environment just did a couple plants and lava rivers, never any targets. Pretty much directed everything at Kismet the whole time. Wraith eventually got two Stun Bolts, Visionary destroyed Jinx cards, and Unity fished for Stealth Bot to keep all the heroes safe. A well-timed Precognition let me bury Lady Luck, probably my most hated card in Kismet’s deck. She only played a couple Lucky cards, so didn’t have to deal with that much healing. Fun game overall, that team worked rather well together.

I think I had maybe one hero in double-digits, but it was still a Mint.

I lucked out and got Visionary’s ongoing destruction at the start of the game, so with application of her deck manipulation, getting rid of Lady Luck was no issue. I don’t even think Kismet flipped!

Mint with not too much to worry about. Got Mental Divergence to start, so Jinx cards didn’t stick around long. Beyond that, Termi-Unity is great for cycling Wraith bot/Bee bot. Let them get destroyed, then just fish them back out of her trash with her base power. That can save a lot of damage with Stealth or destroy even more Jinxes with Bee-bot.

Wraith Stun Bolted, Visionary destroyed ongoings and Twisted the Ether, Unity did the above bot stuff, Harpy helped play more cards, and Benchmark stood around screaming something about a “New Standard”? Didn’t really do much by the time the game was over.

~A-Kat

That went very badly, but not so badly that I lost.

My opening hands were pretty garbage; no Hardware for Benchmark, all damage cards for Visionary, a hand full of unplayable golems for Unity, and a so-so hand for the Wraith. As a result, I got blown up pretty consistently; Visionary managed to get control of the Talisman and then hop into a psychic cocoon to draw a lot of Kismet’s fire, but Benchmark went down early.

That actually helped, because once he was dead he could start popping Jinxes. I stumbled along for a bit longer, and then Wraith died and things got better, because she could keep tossing Jinxes back to the top of Kismet’s deck, where they would be played, and then Benchmark would kill them. Once that happened the game was effectively over, and I just had to avoid getting murdered by the environment until Unity and Harpy could work together to whittle her down.

Caught a Near Mint - on my first attempt, the team couldn’t quite get set up before Kismet flipped and delivered some massive hurt.
On my second try, it was Kismet who couldn’t get any momentum - turned out cards like Scattered Mind and Shaky Arm were little use against Unity, whose bots did all the damage, and her Bee Bots excelled at breaking the more annoying Jinxes. Twist The Ether helped Wraith optimize her damage output, Benchmark pitched in with a barrage from his “Inferno” Missile Pod, Visionary kept the pressure on with Crushing Lucidity and Mental Divergence, and The Harpy’s Arcane Explosion finished the job.