Weekly One-Shot #341: Nevertheless, She Persisted

Just got to this week’s challenge. Not really that tough. This team works very well together, and the environment helped more than it hindered. Extra card plays and ninjas taking out thugs and underbosses, and they ended up going under Resurrection Ritual. Had enough environment destruction to make sure the Dragon never showed up, so it was no problem. Nightmist got two rounds in a row of Mistbound on the Chairman, with some help from Parse moving a copy up from the bottom.

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised by this one. Went in going, “Ugh, not the Chairman” but actually had the funnest Chairman fight ever? What’s going on here??

1 Like

Wasn’t prepared for how early the second Prison Break happened. Heroic Interception saved us from a round of damage, but I couldn’t recur it in time. By the time the Underbosses were all dead, we were on 3 HP each, with the Dragon incoming. Nightmist hid in Mist Form, and everyone else died; Resurrection Rituals didn’t help, as there was more than 7 damage incoming to anyone after they were raised. After numerous turns of the careful balancing act required to guard against a Thief, who never appeared, Misty was able to watch safely as Zhu Long obliterated the Operative, then she drew her entire deck and started to drop out of Mist Form, play one Heedless Lash against the Chairman, and go back into Mist Form again on Unity’s turn. Finally, after a ridiculous length of time, she delivered the deathblow. Not a very enjoyable fight imo.

1 Like

I think I Buffer Overflowed the first Prison Break, then Updated Intel / Mistbound kept anything else bad from coming out. Then again, the Operative shuffles every time she discovers an underboss so Your Results May Vary. :tm:

2 Likes