Weekly One-Shot #356: All According to Plan

It’s another OblivAeon One Shot, but only regular difficulty and with probably the easiest shield (do objectives, which is going to help you anyway). Obviously, your results may vary. I managed a Mint, the toughest part being reminding myself it was a One Shot so don’t use undo.

It’s true what Luminary said in the blurb, sacrifices had to be made. In my case, the entire starting lineup, 5 other heroes, and 2 environments.

1 Like

I was really surprised to get the Mint with this, no Voss either. I lost way more heroes and one more environment than you, but still, any Oblivaeon game you can walk away from… :smiley:

That said, I was quite upset the round I lost my entire team for the second time. I still have no idea how it happened. I move everyone away from the big guy so he can destroy his environment in peace, and somehow he got moved back and nuked everyone instead. :expressionless: So mad.

1 Like

I almost always use a sacrificial Tempest and/or LftF/Next Evolution Legacy to avoid the Infernal blast from an environment getting wrecked. OblivAeon’s switching is definitely the worst part of this mode, and hopefully there will be some adjustments come the DE version. You can be all set up to lower a shield, then have your plans trashed by a single ill-timed Scion card that makes him zwoop over to the other side. Oh yeah, and DE incap Tempest is not gonna be the get-outta-nuke-free card anymore. R.I.P.

1 Like

Honestly wasn’t too bad. Just focused on getting objectives finished, and shutting down damage when possible.

1 Like

I’m on the opposite side - I got a Mint, but it was just about as close as possible to being a loss!

Ten heroes down, three environments destroyed, and Oblivaeon had 11 Inevitable Devastation counters on him when I killed him during the first Scion turn (thanks to Faultless). Depending on card draws, it was not impossible that in the second Scion turn the lone hero standing against the one Scion in that zone would have gone down, ticking Oblivaeon up to 12 and ending the game (or just as badly, playing Voss at the last second; I was down more than a few Scions!)

1 Like