Weekly One-Shot #365: By the Book

Heroic Infinitor vs. Setback, Naturalist, Lifeline and Xtreme Prime Wardens Argent Adept at The Block.

“Infintor, you bloodsucker. You’re gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?”

The fun parody intros keep coming. An easy mint- with an unusual emphasis on easy, winning on Infinitor’s second turn. I’m not sure games can get much faster than that!

Well I thought I had an easy time, but I wasn’t THAT easy. I believe I would have pulled that off if not for Defensive Displacement… I’m guessing you used Hyperactive Senses?

Super easy, though it could have been even easier had I done something unusual first round.

My first round wasn’t that unusual, at least in my head. I just went all in on Lifeline. And it wasn’t Hyperactive Senses that got me going, it was:

Spoiler

Repair Ley-Line. It brought out Defensive Displacement which then ended up being destroyed at the start of the environment turn. Technically, it was using Argent Adept’s base power on Lifeline to play Calculated Action to play Haunted Memories to pull Unleash Energy out of the discard and then play Unleash Energy with Calculated Action’s second card play and then play Repair Ley-Line. All the damage from two Unleash Energy (one on Lifeline’s turn and one on AA’s turn) set the manifestations low enough to be killed off on Infinitor’s turn.

1 Like

The Wrath Of Khan intro was a nice touch, in light of Kirstie Alley’s recent passing - as for the fight itself, it wasn’t as quick as some were able to pull off, but by turns three and four Setback and Lifeline were generating enough global damage between them to render the Manifestations vulnerable to Infinitor’s Whispers of Oblivion, clearing the board and ending the game.

[details="For example"]
Secret text here
[/details]
For example

Secret text here

You can also get this from the cog icon above the reply box.

Thanks @Omegatron ! I edited my message to use hidden text properly. Lol, I thought the cog would give me a settings tab- I never even tried hitting it.