Weekly One-Shot #369 - The Necessity for Velocity

Friction, Fright Train, and the Operative crash the set at Champion Studios! Tachyon & Bunker in their Freedom Five suits, along with Mr. Fixer, show up just in time to take them right into the danger zone!*

*Danger level may vary. Not very much in my case, but I definitely felt the need for speed! I think it ended by the start of the 4th environment turn. Tachyon stepped up to the plate, took a swing, and knocked the Operative over the fence! Strike three, they’re out!

Now please excuse me while I go sort out my mixed metaphors.

I ran straight into that danger zone like Wile E. Coyote running into a painted wall!

Thought I would be all clever, saving a helpful card for Tachyon to play later, but boy did I feel silly real quick! At least Mister Fixer was able to fall in love with Tachyon, so he could spread a good hefty helping of emotional damage to the villain team!

1 Like

Weird ship, but okay. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

this was remarkably easy :open_mouth: tachyon and mr. fixer especially are great at team mode, and with F5 Bunker backing them, nothing could go wrong!

1 Like

Lots of punching on my side and lots of Hypersonic Assaults and Grease Guns for the enemy team. Very disappointing to see props being used for all the good damage cards out there, but luckily there’s no shortage of damage cards to use.

2 Likes

I didn’t see Love Interest or Props Department. I guess Jump Scare gave different shuffles depending on what was played. I didn’t bother with Grease Gun, as tempting as it was. I opted to use the Jack Handle with Bloody Knuckles and then Grease Monkey Fist to just win the damage race outright and only worried about preventing damage when Tachyon got her Hypersonic Assaults.

2 Likes

A Hypersonic Assault or two and Grease Gun made sure the bad guys fell way behind in the damage race, and all three heroes made terrific use of their head start to defeat their nemeses handily!

Vengeance Three is usually a lot harder than Vengeance Five, and these are all damage machines, so I was a little worried. But two Hypersonic Assaults made things very safe, and with a Jack Handle and two Charges, Fixer made short work of the enemy. Barely a single turn passed without Engine of Destruction adding an extra point to the pain Train was taking. My only kind of hairy moment came when Fixer was hit for 6, because he Driving Mantised a Student of Many Masters to kill the Stolen Gear, not remembering what Iaijutsu Master does. But this wasn’t even a Setback, just a slight annoyance; the mass beatdown continued under the supervision of Ray Manta and the Zorrm, and after Fixer took out FT and left the two women at 1, Friction played a Synergy Surge, killing her colleague and then herself!

Edit: seems like I have the highest combined health total so far, 39 compared to Doppelgangrun’s 35, Thunderbird’s 33, QuirkyDM’s 24, and poor Skywhale at 6. Nobody actually lost though. Glad none of us tried to make some kind of dark, serious, modern kind of a film where Evil triumphs over Good or anything…

1 Like

I don’t normally enjoy team villain games but this one was a lot of fun, thanks to all of the area damage and damage prevention.

1 Like

42, that beats me…

Oh sorry, is this not golf rules? I thought you were supposed to aim for lowest health!

3 Likes

No, see, the winner is whoever has the highest multiple of 13, unless it’s an even number, so you’d have to have 65 to beat me…

I’m not sure what’s more impressive in this game - flawless victory, or barely squeaking by with one hero on their last HP. Either requires a very conscious effort.

2 Likes