Weekly One-Shot #371: Help Wanted

Help is definitely wanted here! Challenge Mode Miss Information vs. Akash’Thriya: Spirit of the Void, America’s Newest Legacy, Freedom Six Tachyon and Void Guard Mainstay at Fort Adamant.

Got beat pretty good the first time by not respecting Miss Information’s ongoing and equipment destruction and not having all the great cards I wanted around to help me out. Got much better in the second round, with completely different draws from the environment and the villain deck. It was still a clue fest of epic proportions a few turns into both games with 6-10 cards played in a single turn, which leads to a lot of damage as soon as she flipped. But in my second game, I had a much better setup and could weather the storm.

I saw this and was mad we had to do another Miss Info so soon after the last one. Then I Minted it. <.< It was extremely boring, however, as it took her forever to get any Clues in play and my usual Miss Info strategy is “do nothing until Clues”.

Definitely not Mint here. I tried to wait on Clues too, but it ended up going
No Clues…
No Clues…
Few clues
flips
vomits ALL the Clues & Diversions at once!
Heroes die :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, that was my experience as well. She flipped, immediately played two clues, then a Diversionary Tactics that dropped two diversions onto the field, then another clue, then another Diversionary Tactic for a third diversion, then a fourth clue, and Another Reality’s Debt.

And then I noped out and I don’t think I’m going to bother going back. Challenge Mode Miss Info is the worst.

2 Likes

Blech! It wasn’t pretty, but there you go. Basically skip any Ongoings until she flips cause she’s gonna trash it all anyway. Had all the target Diversions at low HP and had to make creative use of targeting to get around Misplaced Memo. Once the Diversions were cleared and both Memos were gone, I just piled on until I burned out. Incapped Young Legacy gave a damage boost to Tachyon when she had two Lightspeed Barrages in hand that took Aminia down to 1 HP, then Aggressive Volunteering finished her off. Not a moment too soon!

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I’m not fully certain what I did, but I really enjoyed having Akash’s “+2 by Environment cards” incap in the last round to boost the EMP Cannon for two attacks of 7 each.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not even trying to Good this one. The only way I can see dealing with all the Missing Resources and similar issues is to write down every card play, rewinding over and over until we get a loadout we can handle. That much effort will eventually guarantee a win, but is so tedious and miserable that I’ll have to be extremely bored before I try it.

1 Like

The frequency with which Miss Info shuffles her deck tends to make every game feel like a random start; my first attempt felt like she was playing a lost variant deck with eight copies of Diversionary Tactics!:skull_and_crossbones:

On my second try, things fell my way a little more, and I was able to start setting up my heroes, with only one or occasionally two Diversion cards promoting Ongoing destruction each round. Once Aminia revealed herself, the heroes shifted gears; Tachyon pounded her with dual Lightspeed Barrages, and Mainstay and Legacy wore her down, until she was in the low single digits. By the time Akashthriya was finally able to play Scatter Seed, there were a dozen seeds in her trash, and the environment immediately became an ally - the end came for M.I. when Strangling Roots was destroyed, and she was the choicest of 3 hp targets.

Challenging, hard fought win in the end.

1 Like