Weekly one shot #372: The Ultimate Ultimate

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but i came back for the big one!

Ultimate OblivAeon vs Void Akash, Dark Spot La Commodora, Dark Watch Harpy, Bloodmage Lifeline, and Heroic Luminary. Starting at Maerynian Refuge and Champion Studios, with Mordengrade, MMFFCC, and Magmaria in the wings. Best of luck heroes!

Good lord Ultimate OblivAeon doesn’t mess around. I have beaten that mode before, but Minting this one shot would have been pretty awesome. Alas, I must settle for Near Mint, which is still pretty great honestly.

First game didn’t go well, with one environment going round 3 from Devastation then a second immediately after from an Inevitable Destruction from Temporal Fractures. The destruction also incapped every hero, adding more devastation tokens, leading to the 3rd environment the next round and enough to get the last three round after. He had flipped due to the Inevitable Destruction but still had this flipped shield up so I called it there and restarted.

Second game I rewound often and calculated damage order as efficiently as I could. A well timed Brother’s Sacrifice saved a literal ton of damage from a couple of environment destructions, but that didn’t save the Scions. He blew up more of them than the heroes did overall.

No way i could repeat what I did, but while I lost 3 environments, only Harpy went down. Final round did a ton of damage to phase 3 OblivAeon and a OblivAeon Sharded Luminary and a bunch of devices did a number on Voss after. He ended up dying after the Carousel of Horror made the T-Rex bot hit itself, then Voss with lightning.

~A-Kat

1 Like

Tempest definitely wouldn’t have been my first choice in replacement, is there a reason you picked him?

And here was my Near Mint (also with plenty of rewinds)! Ended up getting Tachyon with the OblivAeon shard, who was able to whittle Voss down in the last two Hero turns. I only had Lifeline still around, who refused to die multiple times thanks to his Bloodstone!

I almost always pick regular Tempest on the chance he’ll be incapacitated and allow the heroes to be immune to infernal damage.

1 Like

This is exactly my reasoning as well. He can make heroes immune to Energy on OA’s 2nd Phase and/or Infernal on his 3rd Phase or when an environment goes boom.

The more you know! I guess I just usually try to pair them with whatever rewards I have available, I don’t have any of the incaps memorized like that.

Honestly that’s the only one I really know, specifically because it is so useful for OblivAeon fights.

Otherwise yes, giving Chrono-Ranger,F6 Tachyon, Omnitron-U, or anyone else who does a lot of plink damage the OblivAeon Shard is always a good time. Or if you can swing it, whoever gets the Shard also gets the Mecha-Knight.

Which is cool if you’re fine with adding :h: Destruction tokens each round. I usually play with 5 heroes so that’s a no-go. I prefer Grandpa or FV Legacy with Next Evolution and Lead From the Front to selectively soak up the energy damage.

The others I pick for better-off-dead are Young Legacy for +1 hero damage and Xtreme PW Fanatic to point all the damage to OblivAeon.

Bleargh, two weeks in a row where I’m not up to even making an effort. Oblivaeon is awesome in theory, but I need like six hours of dead time to play him, and I don’t think I’ve had that once since I started working full time (and at this point I can’t afford to stop working when I’m dead; by then the government will have time travel and my ancestors will inherit the debt for my burial costs).

Well, I must say that this is the first time I’ve seen Oblivaeon pick up 16 Inevitable Destruction tokens in a single turn.

I did not win on my first try.

1 Like

I’ve only tried Oblivaeon twice in in-person games. They were not victories, though the second one had the potential to maybe win with some different choices. I’ve never tried it online, not even during the weekly challenges. This one probably will be a skip, too, but I’ll have to give Oblivaeon a shot on my phone and see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s definitely way easier with the computer tracking all the static and triggered events, not to mention avoiding the need to physically shuffle ten or twelve decks of cards before you even begin, or to move markers between battle zones and then try to remember that all the game effects moved with them. It’s a ton of fun as long as you don’t care about losing; you just play until bored, confused, or out of time. But your first two or three games are probably going to make your head spin a bit, even with the app’s assistance. To date I believe I’ve played seven OA games, and won two of them, maybe three out of eight or nine.

What. How.
(Also: once I saw him get like 7 by : Having 12 devastation tokens. All my heroes left except 1. Oblivaeon switched battle zones. It was not a good time.)

It’s been a few months, so I don’t recall the exact chain of events, but if I recall, it essentially it builds on the following:

1. Advanced Oblivaeon in his second mode gains one token the first time he deals damage, and five if he doesn’t hurt any heroes during his end of turn blitz.
  2. Advanced Aeon Master plays two Aeon Men each time he’s hurt.
  3. There are seven Aeon Vassals in the Aeon Men deck that create Inevitable Destruction when they die.
  4. Aggressive environments.

As far as I can recall, the trick was that there were two Aeon Men with Aeon Master and Oblivaeon, and three more over on the opposite side. Then Aeon Master played Aeon Assault, playing two more Aeon Men and calling the other three over (seven Aeon Men hanging out.) Then the environment smacked everyone around, weakening the aeon men and also summoning two more to bring the total to nine. Then on the other side, Empyreon (I think) came over to the first zone.

Then on Oblivaeon’s turn, he chained The Abyss Stares Back (1 Token) into Tear Through Reality (2 tokens) and dealt damage to all the heroes and villains (3 Tokens), which triggered two more Aeon Men, and also triggered Empyreon, weakining all the Aeon Men enough that Oblivaeon obliterated them, which chained damage onto the heroes and also killed three Aeon Vassals (7 Tokens) and then killed all the heroes (11 Tokens) so that when he then tried to blast everyone there were no heroes present (16 Tokens).

1 Like

That is just… Wow. What a turn.

1 Like