Weekly one shot #373: The Gloomiest Month

Gloomweaver vs. Benchmark, the Scholar, Ra, Tempest and Nightmist at the Court of Blood in the gloomiest month of the year. Somehow it seems this should have taken place in St. Louis- we need a new location deck!

Nothing too much to say here- February is harder to get through than Gloomweaver, especially with this bunch. I honestly think Benchmark could have soloed this himself. I did very much appreciate Scholar using Alchemical Redirection to help out Nightmist who could cast multiple Heedless Lashes and Oblivion and then draw more cards without any recourse. With Tempest’s Reclaim from the Deep, that set up 3 turns with Nightmist unleashing at full power. There was really nothing Gloomweaver could do to save itself here, and like February, it too will be over no matter how hard it tries.

2 Likes

I think I got some fun synergies from something or other. It was so long ago, I’ve already forgotten. :B But it was nice having a fun, easy one-shot after all the Miss Infos and Oblivaeons. :smiley:

1 Like

Some games it’s easier to defeat Gloomy by breaking his toys and sending them into the discard pile - this was not one of those games!

With a team heavily weighted towards dealing damage, and a villain deck that was pretty stingy with the relic cards, taking Gloomweaver to 0 turned out to be much easier than waiting for his relics to come out. Zombies, cultists, relics, all fell before the combined might of the heroes, before Gloomy himself went down!

An aggravating start…as if trying to choose between killing Profane Zealot or Pouch of Bones once wasn’t infuriating enough, Vast Following gave us a rerun of this irritating combo. But it was all just delaying the inevitable…backed up by the full Benchmark machine and Tempest with his Shackles, Ra did a “puny god” routine quite effectively on Gloomy, using the vampires as kindling for an especially earth-scorching pyre, and after the entire mess was cleaned up, all that was left was for Drudge Ficko to come out and Infect Heir on a four-HP Gloomy.