Weekly one shot #388: Fresh Meat

Step right up for the most brutal entertainment event in the multiverses. Advanced Kaargra Warfang gathers together Lady Liberty, Daedalus, Star Knight and Pseudo to engage in gladiatorial combat within Tartarus.

Three strikes and I’m out. Can’t get through this one so far. Kaargra goes to her flipside immediately which shoots the villains favour gathering into high gear. I was hoping to rifle through the villain deck to make use of Fickle Fans, but that isn’t working. Bursting Kaagra down has been too slow. By the time the heroes get to that point, the villains win on the next turn. Maybe the idea is to stack the Title deck?

Whatever the solution, this week’s scenario is extra difficult … at least for me. :slight_smile: Good luck heroes.

Daedalus goes brrr.

Near mint for me.

Combining Star Knight Oath with Shield The Innocent to turn off damage for a couple of rounds turned out to be crucial for focusing Kaargra down. Pseudo also spent the last couple of rounds using Risky Impersonation to stop any more cards from coming out.

I had a funny ending to the game where hitting Kaargra triggered Mindbreaker, making her hit herself which triggered Deathcaller to destroy herself (which luckily bypasses Unbreakable).

I finally beat it on my approximately 37th try x_x

The thing that was different? Kaargra never got Champion. I have no idea how I managed that, but it meant her Mindbreaker damage couldn’t hit the heroes thanks to Pseudo’s anti-psychic card. The rest was just overloading Daedalus so he could bombard to his heart’s content and like… just kind of playing it. Had over 30 favor at the end with no one under 15 HP. I hate that it took this long and I’m glad it’s over! :slight_smile:

Near-Mint for me.

I also avoided Kaargra getting Champion; she picked up Death-Caller and Mindbreaker. With Pseudo in play, that meant that every time we poked Kaargra she’d zap her gladiators, and she kept killing them. It was still pretty close; I had to use Pseudo’s discard effects to reach the second Fickle Fans in order to win. But I pulled it off!

1 Like