Weekly one shot #392: Random $#!&% Go!

Ol’ Gloomy is trying to summon himself in the Enclave, and our intrepid heroes need to throw whatever’s on top (or bottom) of their decks at him to thwart his scheme!

I’m shocked that I got this mint. Gloomy played a Cursed Acolyte on the turn he flipped, which killed Parse immediately and brought everyone else low enough they didn’t survive the next villain turn… except for Setback. Thanks to 2 Silver Linings for survival and 2 High Risk Behaviors for damage, he just barely took down the rotting god on his own, for the most Setback-esque victory I’ve ever experienced.

2 Likes

This was a slugfest and a half!

Cursed Acolyte, Drum Of Despair and Grimoire Of Curses (not to mention Gloomy himself) took a toll on the heroes, but behind every Setback there’s a Silver Lining (or two) and every hero that went down caused Pete to shine brighter! Dual High Risk Behaviors, frequent use of Looking Up, and a Cause And Effect that finished off Gloomweaver, sparing Setback his portion of the effect - this was definitely his show!

1 Like

I seriously considered just playing Setback’s deck all game to see what would happen, but went for the “safer” route instead. Didn’t really worry about much at the start and built Omnitron up to full power - just as he got overloaded with damage and lost all his components while Gloomweaver was still on the first side. After that, I quit “playing around” and told Knyfe to go finish the job while Parse kept the villain deck mostly impotent all game.

2 Likes