Weekly One-Shot #400: Batting .400

Setback, Guise, Expatriette, The Sentinels, and Luminary attempt to defeat Kaargra Warfang in the time-honored sport of baseball at Champion Studios.

I say attempt because that’s how my first try went. Mind breaker+Indiscriminate Kaargra ruined my team, and I lost on Guise’s turn.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I did it, but playing with no real plan beyond “don’t let Kaargra show up” got me winning Bottom of the 9th on environment turn 2. After that, 20 favor was pretty easy to earn!

1 Like

Easy mint for me; I managed to get Friendly Fire, Mindbreaker, Indiscriminate and the healing Title onto Setback, Human Shield and Durasteel Chains onto Mainstay, and Chaos Lord onto Guise.

The result was that whenever any of my heroes did anything, they could poke Setback for 2, at which point he would heal for 1 and attack all heroes and villains for 2, and then Mainstay would absorb all of the damage harmlessly except for a poke at Guise, who would then play a free card. The Sentinels kept healing Setback and Guise up, and I overwhelmed Kaargra with incredible speed.

1 Like

I’m just bad at Kaargra I guess.

1 Like

Kaargra takes a lot of practice, she’s an unusual villain and there’s a decent chunk of unusual information you need to track. You have to keep track of what’s going to trigger titles and make sure not to let her get the nasty ones. (And on Advanced she is a nightmare and a half precisely because you can’t.)

For example, in this fight, if you lose track of how many people have hit Kaargra and let her get Mindbreaker, yeah, it’s going to get hairy. On the other hand, if you know Mindbreaker is out, you can manipulate Friendly Fire to make sure that Setback gets it, and keep it away from her.

2 Likes

A real nail-biter - Setback ended up with “Reckless” and “The Unbreakable” and a Sabre Battle Drone got “Ironjaw”

Flipped Kaargra Warfang by clearing the board of gladiators, a rare occurrence for me.

“The Seeker” got passed around from one gladiator to the next, and while Kaargra did end up with “The Mindbreaker” in the final round, its effects were largely neutralized by Luminary’s Regression Turret.

Luminary got in a Bared Blade to strike the final blow against Kaargra with the favor pool at 20-19, and the heroes celebrated their narrow victory!

2 Likes

sentinels at full?! Nice!