Whose Powers/Backstories Do You Want?

First suggested by TakeWalker in this thread was the idea to pose the "whose powers" question of Publishers Note #8 of The Letters Page to this community. So that's what this thread is for.

Which hero or villain’s power (or power and backstory/current situation) would you want?

I no longer remember the context of that statement. XD

I think being Haka would be amazing. He's lost a lot over his life, but he's gained even more.

Oh man, I mis-parsed this topic. I thought it was asking "who's powers do we want covered on the Letter's Page?"

Yeah, I've been waiting to see if this was about actually having those things, having them discussed in the podcast, having them defined for the RPG... :-\ 

To be clear, this thread was intended to ask, "Which hero or villain’s power (or power and backstory/current situation) would you as a person want to possess?"

Wow, a great question that nobody ever bothered to answer.

I think the Idealist’s powerset is wasted on her, although it’s unclear whether she can create things for other than combat applications. Maybe go Captain Cosmic instead, depending on what limitations both powers have. But either way, conjuring objects out of pure energy seems like the way to go, in terms of actually accomplishing anything.

Then again, if I was actually just living my life, it’d be hard to argue with Haka’s invincibility.

1 Like

Thought of another answer I can give to this one. I am very glad that the character of Muse doesn’t exist in my universe, because I really don’t want a teenage girl to go wandering through the dusty back corridors of my mind, discovering my darkest thoughts and then judging me by them. But I believe that I myself could use such powers in a more responsible fashion, and even if I could only use them on myself, it would be of tremendous benefit to me, being able to invoke my own highest ideals as images so vivid that they grant me a morale bonus to all my actions, or even to confront my fears by manifesting them into tangible forms so that they could be grappled consciously.