Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

Still no one's created this thread?  Guess I will.

Tried having Stuntman use powers on every single turn in a round, all under his own power.  Actually got 4 power triggers on the villain's turn but was out of guns.  Then used Steal the Scene on both other heroes' turns and used a couple of powers on the environment turn, finishing off with In Medias Res and winning the game on his own turn with Violent Escalation.  Pretty sure I played every card in his deck, and had copies of all permanents in play at one point (though not at the end).  No unlock.

I've been wondering if it's something to do with the environment, since his incap side has that effect. Maybe using Planquez-vous! to prevent environment damage dealt to Stuntman?

Alternatively, with the damage boost, it could be something to do with Coute que coute, maybe in combination with No Time to Bleed?

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be "Win in the turn skipped to using In Media Res."

I think i saw something where he was Incapped and used an ability on his turn. It was against chairman. I can’t find that post anywhere. I swear it exists. Or existed.

If it was there and is gone now, it was probably that hacker.

I did not hear about that! There was a hacker, maybe that’s what I saw.

thanks for the update!

MigrantP mentioned it in the Benchmark thread.

At any rate, having Stuntman use his incap ability to have Wraith do projectile damage and finish off Ambuscade (and other targets) isn’t it.

Well, it wasn't saving Stuntman on 1 HP with Planquez-vous! and winning with the power use.

I'm kind of at a loose end. With most heroes, you can work it out with story stuff, but the two variants we have this time are alternate reality heroes, so we don't know much of their history or anything. 

He even specifically called you out in this post https://greaterthangames.com/comment/193481#comment-193481

Fudge me, I really do need sleep.

sorry about this. I tried defeating Vegful Five with him. No unlock.

I’m going to wait until I get some good sleep to do something.

Throwing this out there. Stuntman didn’t happen until after ambuscade was defeated several times by the heroes. Most likely this is a factor in the unlock condition

That is a good thought.

So I have a question, as a lore newbie where are the canon places of Ambuscade's defeats?  Also who beat him up each time?  Those are probably required games.

I just tried playing through his career. 

First he ambushed Haka, The Sentinels, Fuge Parse, and The Naturalist on Isla Primalis.

They beat him up. 

So he formed the Slaughterhouse 6, and along with The Operative, Seargent Steel, and Fright Train, attacked the same heroes in Megalopolis. 

They beat him up. 

The Proginy showed up in Rook City, so Stuntman joined the heroes he’d been fighting. 

They won

No unlock. 

Tried using all three of his powers in the same turn, on four different turns (three villain, one environment). No dice.

From the steam forums.

Idea for (one of) the prereq game(s) for the OblivAeon variants, if there is a (/are) prereq game(s):

According to the Cosmic Contest episode of the Letters Page, the incident that first planted the seeds for *Dark Watch Nightmist* to eventually Become the Gate was by defeating *Baron Blade* in the finals of said contest (which took place in the *Enclave of the Endlings*) by transforming herself into a portal to the *Realm of Discord*.

Maybe (one of) the prereq game(s) involves *Dark Watch Nightmist* defeating *Baron Blade* in the *Enclave of the Endlings*? Maybe by dealing the final blow with Oblivion, or by using the Amulet to redirect damage taken from casting Mists of Time, or something similarly flavorful?

Well, if we go based on the timeline, wouldn’t Vengeance Baron Blade be the applicable one?

So with the weakly one-shot out I'm starting to wonder if we just need to beat up Ambuscade with every version of Haka and then beat up Team Ambuscade with both versions of the naturallist, possibly with them in the lead and dealing the final blow each time.  After that do Stuntman shenanigans, porbably against progeny, and it might be unlocked.  I dunno, I'll have to test that later.

Defeated Ambuscade with the 4 Haka dealing the final blow. No unlock.

Defeated the 4 Haka with Ambuscade dealing the final blow. No unlock.

Well yeah, I doubt you'll get the unlock like that, but it's probably something you have to do before you get the unlock, like how you have to beat both forms of Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity before you can unlock the robot with Unity beating somehing with all her equpimet out.  Or I could be completely wrong on that front and the prereq is something different.

Hmm...So far I've taken down Amby with all 4 Hakas with specific parties (normal Haka had Ra, Fanatic, Expatriot, and Argent Adept, Eternal Haka had Chrono and Omni-X, no points for guessing the Prime Wardens Haka partners) in specific locations (Normal had Insula, Eternal had final wasteland, Prime had Atlantas, and XPrime had Magmaria.)  Now I'm wondering if Naturallist needs the other prey of the slaughterhouse six in play when he beats amby, if all the other prey needs to be played once or not, and if non-prey heroes can hang around without rendering the attempt void.  Also I know Amby shows up in Megapolis so that'll be one of the locations, but where else would be a good spot to fight him?

It's not beat Ambuscade with Chrono-Ranger on Mars Base with Temporal Grenade, then beating Progeny in Megalopolis (to be fair, I did not use In Media Res, nor did I put everything into play).