Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

I’m not sure Ambuscade is relevant, seeing as in the variant Stuntman reality Ambuscade never existed.
Ansel remained in acting as an action hero, doing his own stunts, until called across realities by the Nightmist gate, right?

So something to do with that rather than the storyline of the main timeline’s Ambuscade/Stuntman?

Maybe it has something to do with Stuntman and Mainstay. Since they did have a one shot together. Just a thought gunna listen to the Ambuscade episode again to see if I can flesh this out more. 

In Tuesday’s stream, MigrantP confirmed that the one-shot was a hint for one of the two variants, not both (though he didn’t say which).

There’s been a hint from MigrantP on the steam thread, “Where did all those [mobsters] come from?” Some people have suggested this might mean fighting the Chairman, I think it’s more likely a reference to Rook City itself - although, of course, it could be both. They’ve also been nailing down some stuff about the two prerequisite games, but nothing certain yet (as far as I saw).

To build off of what liarliar said current steam theories for preqs right now are "defeat normal amby with stuntman" and "defeat team amby with having Stuntman deal the final blow against Glamour."

If the one shot is a clue I figure it may be important to know what Ambuscade says. I suppose many of us don't speak french so here is the translation.

"I know it will be my biggest challenge. I followed my prey through time and space. Here, in this strange place, I am going to lay my trap and put an end to the hunt. You have been a worthy opponent, but you are not at my level!"

That is pretty directed at Haka and doesn't seem to say much about the Stuntman version of Ansel.

For those not following the Steam discussion thread, someone commented on Ansel and Mainstay fighting a bunch of mobsters in the Road Warrior comic. MigrantP offered another clue, saying “But where did those mobsters come from?”

This has lead to a lot of Rook City speculation, which is odd considering in Road Warrior, they were from a Central/South American drug cartel, right?

MigrantP also confirmed that beating both versions of Ambuscade, first classic then team, with no heroes incapped, are steps 1 and 2.  Heroes and environment don't matter.  No word on how many more steps there are.

Following up on the mobsters thing, I then tried Stuntman, Nightmist, Expat, Fixer, and Setback vs. Chairman in Rook City.  Very difficult game, but Stuntman finished off the Chairman using Setback's incap power.  No unlock.

For the recrod we also have confirmation from MigrantP on the prereq games now.

Condition 1 - Beat Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.
Condition 2 - Beat S6 Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.

Edit: Darn ninjas

Well, since I can't check registry keys due to being a mobile-only player, I can't speculate on whether I've done any prereqs properly. But I followed those ideas in general, and then tried a game where I had Stuntman / The Sentinels / F5 Legacy / PW Fanatic and Dark Vis vs. Chairman in Megalopolis, and had Stuntman take out one copy of every target in Chairman's deck, as well as Chairman and Operative, in the span of three turns (Chairman plays Prison Break, Stuntman does some shenanigans, Stuntman does stuff on his own turn, then finishes the game with Steal the Scene). No unlock, but it was a lot of fun. Stuntman loves turning Heroic Interception into lots of free power uses with Moving Target.

Edit: Guess I should have refreshed first. Glad we have confirmation on the prereq games since the whole registry-peeking thing kind of makes it not as fun. I definitely have those two prereqs.

Finished

Condition 1 - Beat Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.
Condition 2 - Beat S6 Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.

Once with Stuntman on the team, once without

Then did two games

1) Beat Chairman at Temple Zhu Long with Stuntman, and Sentinels (Adamant)

2) Beat Chairman at Temple Zhu Long without Stuntman, and Sentinels (Adamant)

No unlock

Did the two conditions

Defeated Gloomy on Doktorath Capital, using a Dramatic Cliffhanger for In Media Res before killing Gloomy with Tireur Incroyable.

No unlock despite Stuntman doing all his own stunt by himself.

Sigh ... I guess the unlock for Stunty and Benchy are just : 'Don't bother and just wait for the unlock button, you can't find them by yourself.'

Handelabra will drop more and more hints as time goes by.  We'll get there eventually.

Apperently 12:22 of the last Sentinels Live Stream is a hint

He just showed the new art for Team Villains. 

is that the hint? 

It’s 12:22 of the Twitch video, not the YouTube video.

It was a very quick glance at next week’s One Shot, Chairman at Pike Industrial, titled “No Time to Bleed”

Thanks!

So uh, the steam guys have unlocked Stuntman.  There's two logs for it.

https://pastebin.com/RyZeNDNd

https://pastebin.com/15B4Xz95

Right now it appears to be beating the chairman with Mainstay dealing the final blow on The Operative and The Chairman with all other heroes incapasitated.  We've had a fail with stuntman with no log as well.

Meemitone posted an unlock on Discord: https://pastebin.com/15B4Xz95

Stuntman wasn't even on the team.  SS Tachyon, The Sentinels, and Captain Cosmic vs. The Chairman in Pike Industrial.  CC used his incap power to let Mainstay use Hurl Into Darkness, finishing The Chairman off and winning the game.  Chairman was killed with damage, not the destroy effect.  Tachyon was also incapped.

In that light, I tried my own game: Greatest Legacy, FS Parse, The Sentinels, and Dark Visionary vs. The Chairman in Pike Industrial.  Mainstay finished off both villains, first The Chairman and then The Operative.  The game ended when Parse used her power to let Mainstay use Blackout and take out The Operative.  No unlock.

Were all the non-sentinel heroes incapped?  That might have been a factor.