Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

It sure might have been, as they were not.  But it also might have been that I did the two villains in the reverse order, or that I took out The Chairman on The Sentinels' turn.

So far every steam unlock has had all the hero's that weren't the sentinels incapped.  Try knocking out the chairman before the operative again, but end with the non-sentinels incapped.

Got it.  Greatest Legacy, FS Parse, Adamant Sentinels, Dark Visionary.  Mainstay did indeed finish off the Chairman, before the Operative.  However, I actually screwed up, and Writhe finished off the Operative!  Mainstay finished off Visionary, I got the order of operations with Sentinel Tactics wrong.

So it might just be that Step 3 is to beat the Chairman in Pike Industrial Complex with only The Sentinels (either variant) the only active hero.

Log attached.

Okay, so here are my questions on unlocking the guy.

1. Does mainstay need to land the final blow on the chairman?

2. Do all the non-sentinel heroes need to be incapacitated?

Because if they're no then I think this one's solved.

So this is a bit odd. The community has discovered an unlock condition for Action Hero Stuntman. The problem is that there's a bug! The official condition is:

First, defeat Ambuscade (classic mode) without any heroes getting incapacitated. Then, defeat Ambuscade (team mode) without any heroes getting incapacitated. Then, defeat The Chairman in Pike Industrial Complex with The Sentinels on the team. At the end of that game, all heroes except Mainstay must be incapacitated.

The bug is that it's allowing the other Sentinels to be active. We'll get that fixed up soon, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Phew, dodged a bullet there.  Yay!

Strange that it has to be The Sentinels, and that Void Guard Mainstay won't count when it's out.

Any recommendations for strategies?

Dark Visionary utterly trivializes the Underbosses if she starts with Brain Burn (and it deals a nice fat chunk of damage to her which actually helps). She helps with deck control, too, which you really want for Prison Escape.

You’ll want at least a little help with damage reduction, especially nice if a Biometric Plasma Vat (or two) comes out. FS Parse and Stuntman are good for this (and work well together), and Adamant Mainstay combos well with Mr. Fixer’s Riveting Crane–although with that vat (or another source) providing damage reduction, Driving Mantis is super handy.

If you prefer regular Mainstay, there’s always the Human Shield setup–Durasteel Chains with Energy Bracers or Counterpoint Bulwark.

I ran in with TLT, Parse, Setback, and Fixer.  The goal is to keep the underbosses from causing too much pain with TLT and the Sentinels acting as crowd control until Freindly Fire and Dual Crossbows come out so Fixer can beat Setback and the Operative to death in a single turn.  Parse is good for keeping Prison Break out of play until you're ready to finish things.

Once the chairman is low on health Fixer is great at killing the teammates if he's kept a hold on his crowbars.  You can take all the time you want with this since the enviorment can't kill him early, just make sure Mainstay's got high health while you're doing this.

The community has discovered AN unlock condition? Not THE unlock condition?

I got the unlock using Ra (setting sun), Sentinels (Adamant Medico and Idealist, Reular flavor Writhe and Mainstay), and Captain Cosmic (requital).

I got lucky and laid down Durasteel Chains (via unique capabilities) and Human shield, plus an energy bracer, on the first round. So Mainstay could reduce pretty much all damage by three right off the bat (damage-free requital activations!) Extra power uses from CC let a Cosmic-weapon fueled idealist do decent damage and trigger extra card draw through Medico via Sentinel Tactics, to keep the human shield humming.

Kept everyone alive until Chairman was dead and Operative was on the ropes, then Mainstay threw up his hands, said “you guys take your own damage for a while”, and a double-cyclohexane-boosted trisolvent vat finished everyone else off pretty quickly, knocking out the operative last for the unlock.

Sheesh, do Sentinels and CC have some nice synergies, especially with a couple variants.

I actually accomplished it (with Mainstay being only one left too!)

My setup was Regular Sentinels, Setting Sub Ra, and Dark Visionary.

Writhe and Dark Vis were able to trash Prison Breaks.

A good opening hand is required. But who knew deck manipulation is a good thing! ;)

I went with Legacy, TLT, FS Parse, Eternal Haka and regular Sentinels. It took longer than i expected but was a pretty safe plan. Parse got rid of the prison breaks. Used plenty of Haka and Legacy dmg denial. Used critical multiplier to prepare Mainstay for the final strike when i was ready i used lightspeed Barrages to incap my heroes this method should still be quite easy once the bug is patched.

Got the unlock! I Kept restarting until Dark Visionary started with a brain burn - pretty simple from that point.

Hmmm. Either the bug has been fixed, or I missed one of the prerequisites. Can’t remember if I had everyone survive this week’s game 

Just got the unlock using Sentinels, Legacy, the Scholar, PW Argent Adept and Omnitron-X in that order. It made the fight pretty easy with Scholar and Dr. Medico dealing massive damage to the Chairman. Then I let everyone but Mainstay get incapacitated and just had him reduce damage while the environment did the work for me. 

Arrggghhhh!!!!

It took half-a-dozen goes to take down Chairman with just Mainstay left. No unlock? So I come double check. 

I was fighting in Rook City, not Pike!

Turning the app off now so my phone doesn’t fly!

Kudos on beating Chairman with Mainstay left in Rook CIty though! That's a tough battle.

Thanks. I almost had him this morning as well (right place this time) has him down to 2hp, then watched as for three turns Mainstay proceeded to draw cards that can only be used by other Sentinels. Then there was a prison break…