Battle of the teams 2

Back in 2016 I decided to take the at the time 3 canonical teams up against every villain on advanced. Now that Harpy and Void Guard are out digitally I wanted to start a new battle of the teams. I'm going to do things a little differently this time and this will involve over 1000 games of Sentinels - so it will probably be a very long time before I finish.

The rules:

-There will be 8 teams so that every hero can participate, the teams will be:

1. Freedom 5: Legacy, Bunker, Wraith, Tachyon, Absolute Zero

2. Prime Wardens: AA, Captain Cosmic, Fanatic, Haka, Tempest

3. Dark Watch: Expat, Nightmist, Setback, Fixer, Harpy

4. Void Guard: Medico, Mainstay, Idealist, Writhe

5. Team Alternate Realities: La Comodora, Visionary, Omnitron-X, Chrono-Ranger

6. Team Revo-Corp: Luminary, Stuntman, Parse, Unity, Benchmark

7. Team Space: Lifeline, The Sentinels, Sky-scraper, KNYFE

8. Team Nature a.k.a Team Guise-n-Palz: Akash'thriya, Naturalist, Ra, Scholar, Guise

-No variants.

-Each villain will be fought once by each team on each difficulty. Environments will be selected at random and held constant for all teams.

-There will be 4 total Vengeance matches per team per difficulty, so that the 4 hero teams can face each villain once. Each match will have a randomly selected fifth villain that will appear in only the 5 hero games. These matches were randomized in such a way that no villain will appear more than twice or less than once per difficulty.

-Matches will be played in random order, though Challenge/Ultimate games against Trickster Kismet or Team villains will be postponed until those modes exist for those villains.

-After each round I'll post the results in this thread and I'll also post what the next round will be.

-Feel free to cheer on your favorite teams!

So will you be doing advanced by default again or will the difficultly be chosen randomly?

All 4 difficulties, so I be facing each villain 4 times per team for a total of 32 games per villain.

Posting in the correct thread this time:

Round 1: Ultimate Kaagra Warfang at Pike Industrial Complex.

Results: Wins for teams Nature, Space, and Void Guard. Losses for all other teams.

Next up: Advanced Deadline at Nexus of the Void

I'm probably gonna regret this but SCORECARD TIME!

F5: 0/1
PW: 0/1
DW: 0/1
VG: 1/0
AR: 0/1
RC: 0/1
SP: 1/0
NT: 1/0

Surprised Nature was able to win against Kaagra, most people there take awhile to set up.

Thanks Missingno, that’s super helpful! The Nature team was able to win in large part due to Steady damage from Ra and some really good tanking from Naturalist. Scholar was mostly support and Guise and Thriya just kind of helped out in a bunch of little ways.

You've sure got your work cut out for you. Good luck!

Round 2 Complete: All teams win!

Round 3: Advanced Kismet at Enclave of the Endlings.

Round 3 results: All hero teams win!

Round 4: Ultimate Infinitor at Wagner Mars Base.

F5: 2/1
PW: 2/1
DW: 2/1
VG: 3/0
AR: 2/1
RC: 2/1
SP: 3/0
NT: 3/0

Round 4 Results: A loss for team Revo Corp. Wins for all other teams.

Round 5: Advanced La Capitan at Mobile Defense Platform.

RC lost against ulti infiniator but nobody else did?  Huh, you would have thought more people would biff it, plus RC is pretty powerful and heavy on the irrducable damage so it's odd that they were the ones to fail it.

F5: 3/1
PW: 3/1
DW: 3/1
VG: 4/0
AR: 3/1
RC: 2/2
SP: 4/0
NT: 4/0

The deciding factor in a number of these games was when Meteor Storm came out, since Infinitor has no Ongoing, Equipment or Environment Destruction. It was never played in the Dark Watch, Void Guard, Alternate Reality, or Revocorp games. Void Gaurd was able to earn a narrow win thanks to Medico being able to heal Mainstay and Writhe. Dark Watch won thanks to Nightmist’s mistform and Alternate reality won by buffing Chrono-Ranger’s damage to Infinitor by 4 and just outpacing Infinitor. Revo-corp came fairly close, but in the end they were just outpaced.

Round 5 Results: Wins for all hero teams.

Round 6: Challenge Omnitron at Enclave of the Endlings

OH MY LORD this is a lot of games you are going to play. Where do you find the time?!

I fully expect this to take months, if not over a year. I find most of the time during my commute to and from work by train and my lunch break. Though I’ll play a few games in the evening or on weekends as well.

Speaking of weekend games, round 6 results: Wins for all hero teams.

Round 7: Challenge Chokepoint at Omnitron IV.

Round 7 results: Wins for Freedom 5, Dark Watch, and Team Nature. Losses for all other teams.

Round 8: Biomancer, Miss Info, Greezer, Ermine, [Fright Train] at Nexus of the Void... Standard Difficulty.

*Villain in brackets is for 5 hero teams only.

F5: 5/1
PW: 4/2
DW: 5/1
VG: 5/1
AR: 4/2
RC: 3/3
SP: 5/1
NT: 6/0

I didn't realize Challenge Chokepoint was such a beast, either way we have our first proper lead with Team Nature!  And ouch, Revocorp is down to a 50% winrate.

Round 8 Results: Wins for all teams.

Round 9: Challenge Chairman at Rook City... this could get a bit ugly.