Brew Crafters

FIRST! (As a DHMG enthusiast, I couldn't resist...!)

Now, who've tried Brew Crafters already? My copy is looking at me right now... :)

Could you describe what the game is? As someone who's never heard of DHMG before now, I know nothing about them or their games. 

I have! I have really liked it. Played it a few times and I really feel I still havn't found an optimal or really solid strat. There is a bunch of cool depth once you start to dig in and different ways to approach your gameplan. 

It's very well done and I'm very happy to have kickstarted it.

I know Craig is a big fan too.

From Boardgamegeek:

It's a time of regrowth in the old urban center, and the hippest and best beer crafters have gathered both hops and hopes in building the best brewery in the city. It won't be an easy task, as players compete for precious resources such as malt, yeast, fruit and spices in the local markets, all while managing and optimizing their growing bottling empires.

In Brew Crafters, players assume management of a local craft brewery, working hard to manage resources, use their workers wisely, and develop their brewing line to create the best local brews. Brew Craftershonors the tradition of classic Eurogames such as Agricola and Puerto Rico, but at its heart beats a unique brewery processing system that must be constantly improved, monitored, and manned in order to keep the beloved beverages rolling off the line. Each brewery has access to a variety of equipment upgrades, local farms, markets, and a plethora of specialty workers, ensuring a high level of replayability and strategic avenues. In addition, each player is studiously working to be first to develop several rotating gold-label specialty recipes that will earn them extra points and prestige at the end of year three when the best local brewer will be honored.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Brew Crafters. It's a super tight worker placement game with a lot of different paths to victory. Thematically, it's appealing, and mechanically sound. Also, it's best played at a brewery, as we discovered. Urban Chestnut was a great environment.

I am all about the Brew Pub strategy. 

@Spiff

Dice Hate Me games are a lot more "Euro-style" than other games we publish, which means they tend to be board games rather than card games, and they often have some sort of interesting economic theme/interaction instead of a combat theme. In Brew Crafters, for example, each player is running a craft brewery, with the aim of being the best. Many DHM games have cooperative elements even though they are competative games, which makes for fun player interactions.

I've shot for that a few times and It seems very effective. Though you can't use your oak barrel bonus there (hops infusers work just fine with more bonus points per batch though)

I'm trying to get the double assembly line +oak barrel thing to work but can't seem to manage the income of resources nessesary to sustain or take advantage of it much. I may need to spend more time in the reaserch lab, but I just have not found that magic formula.

Yeah, I just put oak barrels in the regular production line and everything else in the brew pub.

(DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITING IT IS TO ME THAT I GET TO TALK HERE ABOUT A GAME THAT I LIKE PLAYING BUT AM NOT ON THE HOOK FOR AS A DESIGNER?!)

Do you know how exciting it is to me that you've played a game other than one of your own? :-P

Well, don't get used to that.

I normally drink Tequila.

But I could play a game about beer.

So now that we have GSF, Tactics, Tournaments, Spirit Island and now the DHM games, can we just have a >Con?

Craig can do all the work for it.

Heh...haven't been to St. Louis for a convention put on by a gaming company since SimuCon...2002?  It would feel oddly nostalgic to do that, even though the convention would be run by an entirely different group of people.

Sure, why not? I'm not usually doing anything when I'm here at work.

Cool, then you can organise a UK con while you're at it.

Oh, Craig, Did you accidentally give away the next promo environment. Because I'd totally fight supervillains in a brewery.

That would be an awesome environment.

"Give it up Expat, you're too drunk to shoot straight. In fact, you're probably seeing double."

"It's okay, I have two guns, one for each of ya."

Er, it's impossible for Expatriette to see double.

Trust me on this one.

She could be fighting Proletariat.

Christopher wrote:

Er, it's impossible for Expatriette to see double.Trust me on this one.

LOL.