Compiled List of All Typos

Hey, isn’t Villainy spelt Villainy and not Villany as on the Scum and Villany card?
Or is this an American/British spelling thing?

Common misconception - the card title is actually talking about this place.

Or you just found another typo. Curses.

Where’s Scum, then?

Scum Lake, Ontario?

I have an opinion about streamlining the way the cards are written. I think having keywords is a great idea to avoid confusion. Such as ‘discard’, ‘destroy’, ‘reveal’, ‘play’, ‘if you do’ etc that are currently in the game.

But I think having more is better.

For example, use the keyword ‘When’ for trigger effects. Use keyword ‘different’ for targets. Use keyword ‘exactly’ if that is what the card wants to say.

I know card real estate is going to be a problem. But it is still better to have unambiguous wordings on the cards.

Just saw Tom Vasel Rook City video, this typo was so glaring in the video. Mr Fixer’s Jack Handle should read Equipment.

Here’s something to consider, though it’s not really a typo – the wording for damaging effects is a little awkward IMO. We currently use the format “this ability deals XYZ target 1 type of damage”, which is a more awkward way to say “this ability deals 1 type of damage to XYZ target”. I think reversing the order of the statement and using the “to” would improve readability.

Not a typo but given the current discussion on Savage Mana and the addition of more hero targets would rewording Savage mana be good?

“Whenever damage dealt by Haka destroys a non-hero target, you may put that card beneath this card”

Or is taking cards away from another hero’s decks intended?

I’m sure once Rook City is sold out that when they print more copies they’ll fix the typos, wouldn’t be an Enhanced Edition like the core set, just a 2nd edition or something. After all, if they’re gonna print another run of the game then they might as well fix the typos.

If Haka destroys one of Unity’s bots, then he can claim it via Savage Mana - I don’t really have an issue with that.

Cool. People who play Rampage are going to get a lot more hard stares around my table from now on!

What about destroying actual hero characters? Or The Operative? Or one of The Ennead for what it is worth?

I don’t think that character cards ever really count as being “destroyed”. Most cases like that involve them becoming “Incapacitated.” Hero character cards and the Operative flip over when they are reduced to 0 or fewer. They are not destroyed.

Though for The Chairman and Omnitron, since the game can continue without either of them being in play, they can be taken by Haka’s Savage Mana when they are defeated.

Why do you say that? Like Axe just said, they are never “destroyed”, they’re “incapacitated”. So why can they be put under Savage Mana?

Because Chairman and Omnitron doesn’t have an “incapacitated” side, hence they are destroy-able, hence Savage-Mana-able?

Of course you’re right. Heroes (and the Operative) have incapacitated sides. Not villain character cards.

I was looking through Fanatic’s deck just a while ago and found a couple of “artistic typos” if you could call them that.

First, is Fanatic left handed or right handed? Or ambidextrous? She attacks with Absolution in her left hand in Smite the Transgressor and Wrathful Retribution, while uses her right hand in Sanctifying Strike. :slight_smile:

Second, in Smite the Transgressor, Apostate didn’t have a big scar on his right torso. In the image released on kickstarter, he had a big scar. Which is right? Or are they from 2 different timelines? :slight_smile:

It’s probably because she hasn’t given him the scar yet, Mystery Comics #368, which is on Smite the Transgressor, is the first time Fanatic makes an appearance according to her bio on the website.

http://greaterthangames.info/heroes/fanatic

I see, that’s makes sense.

So the villain Apostate that will come in Infernal Relics will not be the first encounter between him and Fanatic.