Completionist Guise + Skyscraper

Can Completionist Guise’s power be used to change Skyscrapers size by choosing a variant of a different size than her current size?

Yes, he could switch her to a variant card of any size.  

I disagree.

He could swap to a variant but not to a different size.

Nor could he change Sky-Scraper to a different size in the same variant.

I don't see why not.   The text for Completionist Guise only lists switching to a variant and any size of her variant is still Sky-Scraper. 

By that logic Guise can swap out a Sentinel to a "full deck" version of their character, or incap someone instantly.

I'm not sure how that is the logical conclusion. The Void Guard are not variants of The Sentinels. They are Individual heros with their own decks. Instant incap on the other hand is an interesting possiblity except the incap side doesn't have the name of the hero and does not have a power for Guise to use.

Completionist Guise's power doesn't say anything about keywords like Normal, Huge, Tiny etc.

Completionist Guise can switch Paul Parsons to Paulina Parsons, so I don't see why he couldn't switch Sky-Scraper from Tiny to Huge.

To be honest there are a few open questions about how the Sentinels and Void Guard work.   In regards to this I would say no only because it's a hero for a completely different deck but for Sky-Scraper regardless of the size keyword is still associated to the same deck.  

I'm of the opinion that Sky-Scraper's different sizes are not variants of Sky-Scraper, at least not in the sense that Completionist Guise refers to.  All three cards are required to play her and all three represent her.  You aren't playing a different Sky-Scraper when you're Huge or Tiny, you're still playing the same character.

I wasn't talking about the same version.   I'm talking about going from Sky-Scraper(normal) to Extremist Sky-Scraper(Huge) as that is switching to a variant.

I personally would not allow size-changing, but I'd probably permit her switching from Sky-Scraper(standard, Huge) to Sky-Scraper(extremist, Huge), while leaving her other size-cards from the other sets. Same with changing just ONE Sentinel from the Sentinels (so changing out to Adamant Doc Medico, leaving the rest standard).

It might be weird, but their decks - due to complication - have less variants. Gives them more versatility.

That said, if ruled that ALL the Sentinels (the single team deck, not individual new versions) or ALL Sky-Scraper switch when any of their cards are switched, I'd totally understand that ruling and live with it.

Does anyone have the exact text of the card handy? I like Bowie's interpretation (Huge Extremist Sky-Scraper is a variant of Huge standard Sky-Scraper, but not a variant of Normal standard Sky-Scraper, and similarly for the Sentinels), but would like to back it up textually.

Extremist Sky-Scraper (normal) is a variant of Sky-Scraper (normal).

Extremist Sky-Scraper (huge) is a variant of Sky-Scraper (huge).

Extremist Sky-Scraper (tiny) is a variant of Sky-Scraper (tiny).

Extremist Sky Scraper (tiny) is not a variant of Sky-Scraper (huge) or Sky-Scraper (normal).

Just like the Mad Bomber Blade gameplay text character card isn't a variant of the Baron Blade image character card.

Similarly you could not switch out the Sentinels' set up character card, because it does not have a variant.

In a related ruling, I would assume that you would not switch one version of a variant card for the same one with different card art. (Swapping foils with non-foils, or original promo variants with ones from the hero pack.)

Then again, this is Completionist Guise. He may want to collect all the covers.

I'll also be curious to see how the video game implements Completionist Guise swapping for Sky-Scraper and The Sentinels, both if it's a valid option to replace partial sets instead of the whole thing (example: when you replace a Sentinel with Adamant Sentinel, do all of the characters get replaced?) and if it's a valid target to replace Sentinels with their Void Guard hero character cards (I'm assuming not, but we'll see how it goes)

this is the power text:

Replace a hero character card in play with a variant of that hero. Put the replaced card safely under this card. Either use the power on the replaced card (treating any hero name on that card as "Guise") or Guise deals 1 target 2 psychic damage.

I asked this one during playtesting. Christopher said no, that the same variant with different card art count as the same variant (and can't replace each other).

What about Kvothe and not-Kvothe?  Are they the same?

Personally I'd say different because while the power wording is the the same the title and power name are not. 

I don't know if it's been asked anywhere else but while I'm thinking about it; can you then put the card under Guise back into play at a later point using his power to swap it with the current character card?

Yes.  You can switch out a character card under Completionist Guise but once you switch Guise's character card you are stuck with the variants on the table.