Derp's List of Typos / Misprints / Errors

So I've been working on a short list of discrepancies and errors I've found while playing.  I figured I'd post them in their own thread instead of having them all scattered about in various other threads.  Some times it's nice to have things consolidated anyways.  Feel free to suggest additions to my list. I'll attempt to keep this list up to date.  

Good thing is, there seems to be very few typos and misprints in general.  Way to go >G and Playtesters! 

• Station Cards:
1.)

Front: Xushin Cannon(!)

Back: Fleet-Wide Upgrade

Issue: The "Opposition Side Icon" on the " Xushin Cannon"  side of the card indicates that there is a ship on the Opposition side of the card.  " Fleet-Wide Upgrade" is a Boost, not a ship.

2.) (Confusing wording)

Front: Keller Aid Capsule

Back: ZK-19 Guardship(!)

Issue:  It reads "Whenever Energy would be removed from an Opposition Ship in this sector other than a Guardship, reduce the amout reduced by two."  Perhaps it should read "Reduce the amount removed…" to clear up any confusion?

• Mission Cards:
1.)

Front:  UFGD Mission: Search & Seizure

Back: Overclocked Production(!)

Issue: " Search & Seizure" has the wrong mission Back.   ( The correct Back to  " Search & Seizure " is “Contraband Stockpile”)

2.)

Front:  Technovore Mission: Space-Net Gambit

Back: The Arachno-Trap(!)

Issue: " Space-Net Gambit " has the wrong mission Back.   (The correct Back to "Space-Net Gambit" is "Netted Technovore")

3.)  

Front:  Syndicate Starting Mission: Solar Ransom(!)

Back: N/A

Issue: Vague card text.  The Aftermath effect says to "Play the top card of the Opposition deck," but does not indicate where to play it.   

(Card should read: “{A}: Play the top card of the Opposition deck in this Sector.”) (Confirmed by Christopher)  

4.) 

Front: Syndicate Mission: Race for the Stars(!)

Back: Space Race Trophy

Issue: Comes into play during Travel phase, then either gets scrapped or recycled in the Aftermath phase before the {T} effect can ever happen.  Perhaps {T} should be replaced with {R}, { I }, or {B}?

5.) 

Front: UFGD Mission: Resource Gathering(!)

Back: Overclocked Production

Issue: Resource Gathering flips in Battle Phase then flips back in Aftermath phase before the { I } effect on Overclocked Production can ever happen.  Perhaps {B} should be replaced with {A}?

6.)

Front: Singularity Mission: Lunar Singularity(!)

Back: Epsilon Station

Issue: Flavor text error, "This planet's moon has has a wealth of mineral…"

One '"has" too many.

Can has typo?

• Opposition Ships:
1.)     (This one is unconfirmed so far, and may just be me misunderstanding it...)

Card Name: Possessed Gloricidae (Revnants of Nyotan Opposition Ship)

Card Text:  {B} If this ship is not engaged, remove (2 energy) from the Strike Force Ship in this sector with the highest (defense).

Issue: {B} Icons are activated BEFORE the 'Engagement Event', and engagement tokens are cleared in the 'Aftermath Phase' before the next '{B} Icon Activation Event'.   In other words, you CAN'T engage this ship until AFTER it's effect goes off.  There seems to be no way to prevent this effect.

Rules as written, this effect may as well read “{B}  Remove   (2 energy)  from the Strike Force Ship with the highest  (defense) .”

Perhaps theres some card interaction  that I’m unaware of  that’s intended to bypass this and engage a ship before the engagement event.  Or perhaps this should be an  {A}  Icon instead of a  {B}  Icon?

(Latest non-proof build has an Aftermath Icon on the Possessed Gloricidae) 

2.)

Card Name:  Nyxian Smuggler

Issue:  Typo in the flavor text. "Nixians have…"  Unless the plural of Nyxian is Nixians I'd assume it's supposed to say "Nyxians"

• Strike Force Starting Cards:
1.)

Strike Force Deck: Vigilance

Card Name: Redirect Energy

Issue:  Typo in the flavor text.  "Lines of energy awqrc along the length of…"  Pretty sure it means to say "arc" instead of "awqrc"

• Strike Force Dividers
1.)

Divider Name: Vigilance

Issue: Typo: "Accelerated Deilvery"  should be "Accelerated Delivery"

2.)

Divider Name: Tharendim

Issue: Card not listed: "Dimensional Sabotage"

3.)

Divider Name: Grey Hammer

Issue: Typo: "Bombadier's Aptitude" should be "Bombardier's Aptitude"

• Opposition Dividers
1.)

Divider Name: Bareg Threllian Ships

Issue: Typo: "Nixian Smuggler" should be "Nyxian Smuggler"

2.)

Divider Name: Revenants Missions

Issue: Typo: "Karkossic Cataclysm" should be "Karakossic Cataclysm"

3.)

Divider Name: Singularity Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Eradicater" should be "Internodal Eradicator"

4.)

Divider Name: Technovore Missions

Issue: Typo: "Internodal Pheremones" should be "Internodal Pheromones"

• Sector Panels: 
1.)

Sectors: Vognild Prime & Ruins of Volneth

Issue: Neither are marked as Contested on their contested side, and neither have their first and last station deck slots marked on either side.

• Rulebook Issues:
1.) (Probably just me being overly nit-picky)

Possible Rulebook Oversight:

Gameplay example on Pg. 8 refers to Marot's card, "Even The Odds."  In the example the player has 4 cards, and uses "Even the Odds" to draw 2 cards, recycling "Even the Odds" in the process. After this is done the player is assumed to have a total of 5 cards as there is no indication of further recycling of cards.

Card Text reads:

Boost

Recycle When Played

Draw two cards.

Recycle one card from your hand.

Shuffle one of this Sector's Station Decks.  

Issue:

The example on Pg. 8 should have had the player recycle one of the remaining 5 cards in their hand as part of resolving "Even the Odds."  The player would have then had less than 130 credits.

The proofs show "Netted Technovore", not "Net-Trapped Technovore".

Fixed, Thanks.

The latest non-proof build has an Aftermath Icon on the Possessed Gloricidae.

The Aftermath effect of Solar Ransom is a bit vague: "Play the top card of the Opposition deck." This is very unlike GtG to not write where to play it. If it means in any Sector it should have said it. If not, it should have said it too. It seems like the card ran out of real estate.

The latest non-proof build reads: "Aftermath: Play the top card of the Opposition deck in this Sector."

This makes sense, since the Opp wants the Sector filled with ships before CryoShade enters play. CryoShade can't be engaged unless there are no-unengaged Opp ships in the Sector. The more ships, the more protection CryoShade has.

Solar ransom should say "this sector". Paul I believe confirmed that in another thread. 

Actually, the opposite. The only ruling I found was a confirmation of your post here:

And since it doesn't say "this Sector," it doesn't really help. I completely agree that is what it should be, I just haven't found the official source yet.

Are the misprints enough to hurt playing the game?

No.

Thanks.  I want to buy this once it becomes available 

Ooh! Who uses vi?

Better question: why?

Possessed Gloricidae

There is a way to engage it and prevent the 2 energy damage. In the Station Cards that came with the expansion, the Reclaimator flips into an Opp ship that engages other ships (Opp and SF) in the sector during [B] icon activation. You can have it engage the Gloricidae before activating the Gloricidae.

Otherwise I am not sure if the [B] icon is a typo or not

I used vi for years at a previous job. When I read that card and saw the superfluous "wq" in the middle of a word I thought the exact same thing. So yeah, either it's a vi typo or awqrc is some kind of space verb that's unknown to grounded apes like us.

I ran afoul of the Technovore Net misprint in my previous game. Is the text for "Netted Technovore" on any of the other cards, or available from an online source? I'd like to correct my copy so it doesn't confuse future playings of the game.

well, it could be a normal typo… 'w' and 'q' are both right above 'a'  so they could have missed the 'a' and hit right in the middle of all three letters… For example, let's see what happens when I intentionally hit all three at once while spelling 'arc'!  :-P

qwarc

(Had to google vi and wq just to figure out what you guys were talking about. lol)

The deck dividers have a bunch of typos and card names that don't match the actual cards. One of Tharendim's cards isn't even mentioned on the deck divider.

Hehe yeah that confused me when I was checking all the decks (as I unboxed the game) to make sure everything was there - I thought the deck had a random extra card but then I counted the total cards and there'd've been one short if I missed out the extra one, so realised that it must be the divider which had the mistake, having that card's name missing from the list.

I did count a few typos here and there on stuff. Haven't really read the cards in detail so far but I recall noticing at least a couple of mistakes in the background fluff leaflet thingy on the expansion. I think there was a mistake on the back of one of the boxes too.

Any official answer on the 'this sector' nature of Solar Ransom aftermath? My group doesn't want to play that opposition without some clarity, as it completely changes the mission. adding the words 'this sector' make sense thematically, but since they are not there, there is no way to know how to play it, or what the intention was.

I am 99% poitive its supposed to be "this sector"