Fireside chat update: Vengeance

Happy new year and happy new fireside chats!

Let me know if you spot any typos or have any questions.

• G.I. Bunker - power now works until the start of your next turn.

Didn't it already work like that?

It used to say "Until start of your turn" and got updated to "until start of your next turn" which the difference is mostly that you could use the power at the start of your turn and not have it immediately expire now.  

Environment/hero effects that happen at the start of a villain turn happen at the start of every villain turn, and use the deck of the villain whose turn it is. For example, Time Flies plays the top card of Proletariat's deck at the start of Proletariat's turn; the top card of Ermine's deck at the start of Ermine's turn, etc.

Cards like “Slamara”, which play the top card of the villain and all hero decks, play the top card of ALL villain decks! Terrifying.

Out of curiosity, what is the ruling with Pillar of Hercules in a Vengeance game? (too afraid to try it out myself...)

I tried it a little while ago, and the video game let you choose which deck (so I kept picking the last deck, and just killed him before his turn came up)

Very interesting ruling on Natural Born Vigor... makes sense, but I'd never have thought of being able to heal by less then 4 (when an effect reduces HP recovery or Naturalist is near full HP) without the card being destroyed.

Still really do not understand the Slamara ruling.

Do you mean "Impossible Quandry" instead of "Impossible Question"?

"If you play Bestial Shift and use a power to switch to another form, you may to activate form abilities ..."

I'm guessing this should read "you may activate ..."

2 for 2 on the typo checks. I'll update those when I can get a chance, thanks!

I'm just glad that Entry Point was changed.

Looks loke some more wiki-work to do. Cool.  :slightly_smiling_face:

Tachyon - power has a new wording and behavior.

That's really vague.  Can those of us who don't own the foil cards get a hint?  For all I know, she has a totally new, different power now.

Original wording 

>

Rapid Recon - You may look at the top card of your Hero Deck. You may discard that card

new wording

>

Rapid Recon - Reveal and Replace the top card of your deck. You may discard that card

You can go to the wiki page and see in the top section the original wording and then go to Variant Pack New Art on the same page to see the new wording http://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Tachyon

Can someone explain what the difference in gameplay is? It seems to me that the outcome is the same.

The result is the same. I think it's more to keep it in line with phrasing used on other cards.  Only example I think of that it makes a difference with is Shinobi Assassin as you still get to reveal a card of your deck after the Shinobi comes out. 

The new wording is actually: "Reveal and replace the top card of your Hero deck. You may discard the top card of your deck."

Another notable difference is that this allows Tachyon to reshuffle with her power (if her deck is empty), which was not possible before.

Fancy!

I thought a reveal couldn't force a deck reshuffle?

No, but a discard can ;).

I was thinking it dealt with the reveal.  That makes more sense.