GenCon 2018

Badges for 2018 GenCon went on sale today! Who's excited for Oblivion and SCRPG events?

I am!!!

I am!   This will be the first Gencon I go to.  

Year three at the booth! Hotel's been booked since October. Trying to figure out if we're driving or flying out this year. All depends on my friend's employment status.

I probably wont' be at this one, but next year, if My Sister and BiL actually move to Indy, I just might go.

Definitely excited!  :grin:

Yay, Powerhound!  :open_mouth:  One of us! One of us!  :innocent:

(Uh, and FYI: The live taping of The Letters Page only allows one question at a time…  :wink: )

Bolnerap has been trying to talk me into going to what would also be my first GenCon. The thought is tempting, though the logistics of trying to get from Middle of Nowhere, MA to Indianapolis while not having a driver's license are going to be interesting, to put it mildly. (May have to do a very weird week-long vacation that's half in Boston and half at GenCon.)

I've got my badge and I'll be back with Handelabra again as long as they need me. It'll be good to see some of you folks again (and you'll have to stop by and see us, Powerhound). 

Also, I live here, work downtown, and can pass along restaurant or other gathering point suggestions. If anyone is new to downtown Indianapolis or has any specific questions about what can be found downtown, feel free to drop me a PM.

I’ll be there this year, after missing last year. I’ll be running Cold Steel Wardens as well as a few Dragon Age events, as part of the Cincinnati Gaming Arsenal. Definitely hoping to get some time free for Sentinels!

We will see about that.   

I'm waffling about going.  I've been to GenCon, back when it was in Wisconsin, but I don't like to travel.  My wife is trying to get me out of the house and discover some new games, though.  I was hoping to see the full event list before committing, but it looks like that comes out really late and I'm guessing all the hotels will be full up by then, if there are even con tickets left.

I doubt it will sell out. Last year was special (50th!!!), and it had never sold out before. 

Hotels, on the other hand, may well already be sold out. Are they doing the housing block this year?

And this is why I'm waiting for my sister to move back to Indy.

(I'm also paying through the nose for a Wedding, ACEN hotels, and wherever the hell we go for our Honeymoon.  No, Gencon won't work as a Honeymoon, I checked with my Fiancee.)

Yes, but that opens separately in February (I believe). They are also changing things so that whoever books a room can’t transfer it, only cancel to throw it back into the general pool.

Edit: yeah February 11. Policy here.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who might be going to GenCon for their first time.

I am SO EXCITED to see all of you at Gen Con, and SO EXCITED that people who have never gone will be going! Gen Con is my absolute favorite; I've been going for over half of my life at this point, since well before I "had" to go for work :)

Echoing Paul. It's the best con of the year far and away. It's like a hard reset to my brain before school starts up and I have to start teaching again.

Is GtG going to be at Origins?  I see last year you decided to show up last minute.  I'm considering easing in to cons with that rather than jumping straight into GenCon.

I bought a 4 day pass and booked my hotel for Gen Con last night!  Do the downtown hotels really sell out within the first 12 hours of the housing portal opening, or does 13 miles away count as "downtown" for Indianapolis?

Also, an actual "housing portal" in the context of comics sounds like a much more convenient way to move.