Hero Personalities

I imagine them much like the minions of The Monarch, honestly. Comic book geeks in their spare time, with a few middling skills of their own. Lots of infighting, but at the end of the day, they’re just… there.

They’re names they take for themselves when they’re initiated as Citizens. As for power dynamic, if Dawn were removed there would certainly be a vacuum that several would attempt to fill, resulting in more than a little infighting, but as they are currently, they’re kept under tight rein by Citizen Dawn.

The Monarch’s minions are a better analogy for the Blade Battalion, who is literally a segment of a faceless army of disposable soldiers. The Citizens are more akin to an elite squad of elevated superhumans.

I see, now time from a special deck for the citizens of what if Citizen Dawn would fall. Actually it would be cool to have a “What if” scenerio from a bunch of characters.

I personally liken them to Magneto’s Brotherhood with some obvious Soviet Propaganda mixed in.
Also, there used to be a Citizen Arm, but citizen Anvil forced him out because he was trying to chum up to Hammer a bit too much.

You’re actually not entirely wrong. We went through a LOT of names for Citizens. Like a LOT.

I mourn the loss of Citizen Peanut, Citizen Butter, and Citizen Jelly. They will be missed.

I can’t start to imagine what Citizen Jelly’s power will be…

I don’t think you’re ready for Citizen Jelly.

Not even joking - Citizens Peanut Butter and Jelly were names that passed between us. This went on for about 3 hours.

How about Citizen Ham and Citizen Cheese? Citizen Peace, Citizen Love, and Citizen Rock 'n Roll?

I believe you mean Citizen Rock and Citizen Roll. Which, due to the twisted paths my mind takes, makes me wonder: what about Citizen Sears and Citizen Roebuck?

No I mean Citizin Rock 'n Roll, otherwise it wouldn’t make sense with Peace, Love, and Rock 'n Roll.

I believe Citizen Rock and Citizen Roll to be the founders of the City that Citizen Dawn now inhabits.

Actually, I think you mean the foundation. :wink:

Probably couldn’t get them off the roof of your mouth…

:wink:

Sadly, that clique broke up when Citizen Sex and Citizen Drugs showed up. Although Citizen Understanding was there to pick up the slack.

As this is about the relationship between the Citizens, I’d like to mention that Citizen Ebony and Citizen Ivory get along very well. They even live together. In perfect harmony.

I have helped create a monster, and I love it.

Also, I almost feel like we need two special decks for this- Sunset of the Citizens and Dregs of the Dawn, one for the Citizens without Dawn’s unifying presence, lots more damage to heros, but they’re also dealing damage to other citizens, and one for the drummed out citizens.

I really wanted a Citizen Kane and a Citizen Able.

Rosebud… :wink:

At end of Villain Turn, Citizen Kane reveals that it was a sled.