How does your hero work?

When I picked my username, I wanted to choose something for these fora that sounded like it could be a superhero name, and also sounded like it had something to do with my interests. But one thing that's been bumping around the back of my mind ever since then is this: how would "Trajector" work as a Sentinels of the Multiverse hero deck?

This is what I've decided...

Trajector is a star pilot. He's kind of squishy in terms of health, perhaps low 20s. He spends most of his time in his spaceship, which is his signature card:

Perinigricon (12 HP)

Spacecraft

Reduce damage to this card by 1.

When Trajector would be dealt damage, redirect it to this card.

At the end of your turn, this card deals one target 2 energy damage.

("Perinigricon" is a term for the closest point in an orbit to a black hole. It might be the coolest astronomy word ever.) Other than that, his key mechanism is playing Ongoing cards that only do something when destroyed. They would be fairly powerful, but Trajector himself would have no means to destroy Ongoings and would have to rely on other effects to do it for him. For example:

Attack Position

Ongoing, Course

When this card is destroyed, Trajector deals one target 2 projectile damage.

If the Perinigricon is in play, it deals a second target 4 energy damage.

Or, probably his most powerful card,

Collision Course

Ongoing, Course

When this card is destroyed, Trajector deals one target and himself 6 melee damage.

If the Perinigricon is in play, it deals one target and itself X irreducible melee damage, where X is the HP of the Perinigricon.

Trajector's base power would have something to do with searching his deck for, and playing, Courses. Clearly, it has to be named something like "Set Course" or "New Heading."

So...how about you all? How would your hero work?

I once created a hero for an RPG, based on myself and my "superpowers". Things like making toilets flush and detecting spiders at 30 paces. <.< I would be a dumb superhero.

(But that hasn't stopped me from considering how he would work for a Sentinels deck...)

I'm a meerkat. I would not a superhero make.

But okay, let's jump down this rabit hole.

I don't have the build for a tank, and I'm a bit small to be a damage dealer, so I guess we have to look elsewhere. We famously make good sentries, so I guess I want to be able to keep watch:

Azure Sentry

Ongoing, Limited

At the start of your turn, you may discard a card to reveal and replace the top card of the villain deck. You may then destroy this card and skip your turn; if you do, villain cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.

Hmm, having it wait for the right moment fits the 'watcher' theme rather well. Let's try some more of that:

Lead a Merry Chase

Ongoing, Distraction

When a non-hero target enters play, you may move this card next to it.

When a target next to this card would deal damage to a hero target, redirect it to Blue-Haired Meerkat and reduce it by 1.

Of course, what with being rather squishy I don't really want to be taking too much damage...

Dive!

Ongoing, Limited

Blue-Haired Meerkat is immune to damage. Increase damage dealt to targets next to Distractions by 1.

At the start of your turn, destroy this card and all Distractions.

So I can lead enemies into ambushes and then dive down a rabit hole, leaving my friends to mop up. Means I'm not distracting them any more, though, but oh well.

I feel your pain as I basically have Parse's data analysis skills but none of the respect she gets for having/using them, and Setback's power of having and causing bad luck without the "has good luck right when you most need it" bit to mitigate it. I would be the superhero nobody wants around because they think I'm a crazy weirdo idiot who makes everything go wrong.

Hey, now! Stay outta my holes!

:wink:

But … ummm … I'm not sure I'm old enough for this forum.

Love it, Meerkat!

Power: Flush

Destroy a card, then discard the bottom 5 cards of its associated deck.

I don’t think I’d be a hero. Rather I fairly scary villain target, particularly in 5 hero games. Though a draw back would be very low HP, say about 6. Also wickedly awesome mutton chops, representing my former lack of ability to grow facial hair.

Hmm superpowers. While my user name is not my superhero name I do have a favorite hero ability.
The power to move you, with my mind. I am talking about telekeniss. And passively pushes thing away so kinda like a force field. He would have a with wait a see personality, preferring to strike when the moment is right.

But there is two telepaths already, not sure what new things I can bring. Will may let Christopher create it.

My Superhero alter ego would wind up having the same powers that make my every character overpowered in my buddy's World of Darkness games. Common Sense and an Encyclopedic knowledge of Trivia. Or just like, ALL the references

I would see a "PlatinumWarlock" as something of a de-buffer and 'fixer', with minor damage dealing as occasional riders.

Likely base power:  Curse of Iron:  Deal 1 target 1 infernal damage.  That target deals -1 damage until the start of your next turn.

Cards might include something like:

--Shattered Shields:  One-Shot -- Destroy up to 3 Ongoing or Environment Cards.  You may deal 1 projectile and 1 infernal damage to X targets, where X = the number of Ongoing and Environment cards destroyed by this card.

--Metallic Tomb:  One-Shot -- Choose a non-character card target.  Take damage equal to that target's current hit points, then shuffle that target back into its appropriate deck.  

--Samite Deflection: Ongoing, Limited -- The first time you are dealt 3 or less damage each turn, you may redirect that damage to another target.  At the end of your turn, deal yourself 2 infernal damage; this infernal damage may not be redirected.  

--Adamantine Apocalypse:  Ongoing, Limited -- At the start of your turn, deal each non-Hero target 1 projectile and 1 infernal damage.  If this damage destroys a target, you may destroy an Ongoing or Environment card for each target destroyed.  At the end of your turn, deal yourself 4 infernal damage or destroy this card.  Power:  You do not have to deal yourself 4 infernal damage to keep this card in play at the end of your turn.

Phantom-eX(A character from my days playing Champions Online who I shared my net-name with) is a power armor character. I haven't thought about how I'd translate him into a SotM deck, but with some time I can figure something out...

I would creat DejaFu, a martial artist with time control powers.  Loved the idea before Thief of Time ever came out, but that book is awesome, too!

I came up with a few ideas for Phantom-eX, but I'm affraid to put them up here since I want to avoid any similarity-shenanigans with any soon-to-be-released tech heroes.

Mine is still in the works. I cant describe him very well, so youll just have to wait.

Okay, I'll share. 

The Rogue is no longer Imprisoned.  :sunglasses:  I've had this deck… a couple of years, now. I know it was before we started playtesting OblivAeon, so… yeah, a while.

I created a portal-generating hero for my likeness (Imprisoned Rogue). (Don't know if anyone remembers that little post I did in character of how he/I got out of The Block, but that's the backstory.) He's primarily support (which is how I love to play) and I really enjoy playing the deck. 

He has ADHD (like me), so I wanted him to play that way. His ongoings that require some concentration also require he destroys one of his ongoings. They do things when they come into play, so you can actually destroy the ongoing you just played if you want – basically turning it into a one-shot. Obviously, it's better if you keep it out, but it ensures the card is still useful if you don't have something else out to get rid of. 

He doesn't do damage – I mean come on, he generates portals. :wink:  He does, on the other hand, drop cars on people (which has the environment deal damage), use bait-n-switch portals to have a target deal another target damage based on a type on the source's card (or projectile, if there isn't one), and open portals to allow allies to target other people with their powers. He also can redirect damage by throwing a portal up in front of it, but that reduces the damage dealt and costs him to do it (to balance it – turns out redirection is fairly powerful). 

He has a card that allows him to jump behind enemy lines to see what's going on. If things are going really badly, he has one card that allows him to take the entire fight somewhere else by generating one massive portal (getting rid of all environment cards and a couple villain cards – and, if he excerts himself, swapping out the environment altogether). 

Also, he’s a gambler and takes risks. Some of his cards have a type of “Gambit”. He has a mechanic of gambling: He draws a card, and if that card is a Gambit, he gets one effect (that is better), but if not he might get a second (lesser) effect, but sometimes he gets nothing (other than the orignal card he drew for the gamble). 

His base power is Intercepting Portal – Power: Select a target, Reduce the next damage dealt to that target by 1. Move an ongoing card from your trash to your hand.

His alternate is when things have gone bad. I didn’t have anything specific in mind when I originally created it, but now I figure it has to be during the OblivAeon fight! His alternate’s base power is Desperate Measures – Power: (Gamble) Draw a card. If it’s a Gambit, you may play a card or use a power. If not, draw a card.

Have you posted the deck anywhere Rabit?  I'd love to see it.  I remember the escape story, wasn't that in the ask a question thread?

As for me,

Phantaskippy is the ghost of a house cat that can open doors and cupboards at will and has an innate ability to find anything fish related by rumaging through everything until it is found.  He has the universal feline ability to disappear by putting his head inside a brown paper bag and is a very good ghost kitty, beyond the aforementioned fish thing.

His nemesis is shark.

I love it, Rabit - we haven’t seen a portal-power deck yet! That would be really cool. I imagine all sorts of weirdness cutting into other decks.

Arcanist Lupus is... a magical wolf.  So, spell casting, enchanting, plus - wolf.

I have a few ideas about how I'd design a deck for him (me?), but my impression was that we aren't supposed to post design ideas on the official forums.

I haven’t – it was honestly more of a personal project than anything else. :blush:  

But I could definitely use the feedback, so I just posted it on BGG