I'm Callin' You Out!

Parse has discovered an evil plot -- Ambuscade has assisted Baron Blade in boobytrapping Atlantis!  Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).

@arenson9 -- Can you defeat him?  Do you really want to look at that top card?

Sounds fun, count me in as well.

I am intrigued!

I think I'll join the ranks as well.

Er, if any of y'all challenge me, please make it something doable in the video game. I don't normally have room or time to lay out all the cards in my physical set :x

I tried to pick someone who I thought would regularly use the physical cards.  Hopefully I guessed right.

Let’s say that if one cannot complete a challenge for logistical reasons, we’ll modify it appropriately. :slight_smile:

Though that is an awesomely evil challenge, carnilius! Way to throw a new wrinkle into the flagship but easy-ish villain.

Defeat Advanced Baron Blade in Megalopolis, using only heros who are not members of any usual teams.

Challenge Complete! 

Baron Blade knew victory was at hand.  Cooperation is what made the heroes so strong, but thanks to his plans all the heroes with cooperative experience were elsewhere.  Individually the one who stood before him were powerful, but they knew nothing of teamwork.

It was true that Chrono-Ranger, Guise, KNYFE, The Naturalist, and Ra were not the most friendly of folks.  They tended to irritate people they spent time with, and the other members of this irregular band were no execption.  But they could all agree on one thing:  Baron Blade was going down, and he was going down hard!

This actually took me three tries.  The first try went marvelously, but I forgot to challenge him Advanced, so it didn't count.  In the second try, we were gearing up to flip him when the baron made us Consider the Price of Victory during a Hostage Situation, and we didn't have enough damage on the board to flip him.  In the third game, By Any Means + Imbued Fire and Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy boosted our power so high that it cut through Blade's Living Force Field and his Power Armor, and he was dead in no time at all.

Current Challenges:
Phantaskippy: Win a game in which one hero, selected at random at the beginning of the game, must spend their turns doing as much damage to the heroes as they possibly can.
arenson9 -  Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).

New Challenge:

Powerhound!  I challenge you to Complete Annihilation!  Choose a villain who has only appeared once in Sentinels (no variants, hero versions, or Tactics version) and wipe them off the Final Wasteland.  They must end the game at least 10 hp below 0 or lower.  Removal by Unforgiving Wasteland is also acceptable.  You may choose any team you like, but you must include their nemesis. 

The Lists:

Trajector – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Blackfang – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
dpt – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
UXM266 – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Matchstickman – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
carnilius – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
bobbertoriley – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
mwc146 – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
PeterCHayward – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Killswitch – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Pydro – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Dandolo – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Donner – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
afgncaap – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Arcanist Lupus – last challenge: Jan 27; last post: Jan 27
Powerhound – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 27
phantaskippy – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 27
arenson – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 27

Completed Challenges:

Defeat Advanced Baron Blade in Mealopolis, using only heros who are not members of any usual teams.

Are you saying the heroes all have to be at 10 or less Health by the end?   Deadline would count as a villain who only appeared once correct?

I'd say the villain needs to be at -10. Isn't Deadline also Lifeline? Announced, but not released, not sure if he'd count.

Also, I'm in as a target of challenges!

Makes more sense upon rereading that part just blanking now on which villains would count for this.   I'll have to be careful to take a screenshot before the victory screen since that will show them at just 0

Voss would count.

Delightfully evil. Looking forward to it. May be like a week before I can get to it, though, I'm traveling out of town tomorrow.

Cool Voss it is.  

Traitor Sentinels, the Sentinels Traitor Game!

Word had come in, Haka was awake, and while he couldn't talk, he was able to get a message through, "save her".

The Freedom 4 had never seen Haka like this, Fanatic and Tempest where nowhere to be found.  Maia was able to track their movements, it seemed that Haka, Tempest and Fanatic had travelled to Atlantis.  Captain Cosmic and The Argent Adept were still involved in negotiations off world, and could not be reached.

"This is it team, we don't know what we are facing down there, but our friends are in trouble, and we are going in."  The Freedom 4 was ready for anything, or so they thought.

Upon arriving at the underwater ruins they were greeted by a familiar face, Helena seemed a bit off, but was inviting, and assured them that Tempest was okay, but when she led them to him, they found him in chains, wierdly runed devices causing him pain.

"What is going on here?" Legacy asked.

"Let the master explain," Fanatic answered.

"Yes, let me explain," came the voice of Bezeliel, the demon known as Apostate.

"Well, now we know what happened." Wraith said matter of factly.  

"We're going to pass on that explanation," Tachyon yelled as she zoomed towards Tempest.

Apostate in Ruins of Atlantis vs. F5 LEgacy, Wraith, (traitor) X-treme Prime Warden Fanatic, Super Scientific Tachyon, and GI Bunker.

I thought this would be a lot harder than it was, F5 Legacy started with 2 Bolster Allies and by turn 3 got the third one.  We got amazing cards and shut down Apostate.  Fanatic got 2 chastise, which were immediately destroyed by Tachyon (chastise on orb is not cool) and Martyr, and got to use Smite twice.  Hypersonic Assault and Throat Jab crushed Apostate's damage while 2 Kraken and Panzer Buster took care of all the relics.

Once Legacy got Superhuman/Fortitude/lead (I was counting Fanatic as a villain target because otherwise things broke) the danger was pretty much over.

Final health:  Legacy 22, Wraith 18, Fanatic 22, Tachyon 15 and Bunker 17

New Challenge:

@Trajector - Using The Dark Watch (your choice of variants and you may add a 5th of your choice if desired) win a match with the following stipulation:  Every targetable damage dealt by a hero must initially target a hero target.  (any redirected damage can hit anyone and all target damage is fine to use)

Continuing Challenges:

@arenson9 - Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).

@Powerhound - Choose a villain who has only appeared once in Sentinels (no variants, hero versions, or Tactics version) and wipe them off the Final Wasteland.  They must end the game at least 10 hp below 0 or lower.  Removal by Unforgiving Wasteland is also acceptable.  You may choose any team you like, but you must include their nemesis. 

I start to have time again, and my son is itching to play Sentinels (he's wanted to take it to two of the last 3 game-related events he's been to with me). Count us in. He's 11, if that matters.

Challenge Complete - Unfortunately Haka had to avenge his fallen comrade Tempest against Voss as he wiped him out with the souls of his fallen minions https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu1htpfw333bb34/Photo%20Jan%2027%2C%2010%2056%2005%20PM.png?dl=0

New Challenge:

@blackfang109 - The Freedom Five have shown they are up for the challenge of the Vengeful Five but how do the Prime Wardens fare against them.   Using the Prime Wardens team (your choice on any variants used and order) defeat the Vengeful Five (order of your choosing) in any environment.   

Continuing Challenges:

@arenson9 - Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).

@Trajector - Using The Dark Watch (your choice of variants and you may add a 5th of your choice if desired) win a match with the following stipulation:  Every targetable damage dealt by a hero must initially target a hero target.  (any redirected damage can hit anyone and all target damage is fine to use)

It was an unlikely…perhaps one should really say unlucky day at the Freedom Tower. The young team of Southwest Sentinels was making use of the Wraith's training simulator when Kismet popped in to try and rob the place. Her charmed magics were simply too much for the team, and with the Freedom Five out foiling one of Baron Blade's plots, they called on the guardians of Megalopolis' sister city for help. The Dark Watch arrived only to find that Kismet had broken her way into Meredith Stinson's lab, and her jinxes were all supercharged! How could the heroes prevail when they kept hitting each other?!

The Sentinels, Dark Watch Setback, Nightmist, Dark Watch Mister Fixer, and Dark Watch Expatriette defeated Kismet in the Freedom Tower. I admit I chose the 5th hero and the variants judiciously - my plan was to get out the Caliginous Form immediately (SUPER USEFUL!!! - especially when Mission Control gave DW Fixer Alternating Tiger Claw) and I determined the other variants thinking that Fixer and Expatriette would get off fewer, but bigger hits.

The battle started quite poorly. Kismet's opening turn involved two Karmic Disjunctions, each of which revealed at least 4 Jinxes. So, thanks to the Talisman, her damage output increased ludicrously. Couple that with terrible opening hands on the part of Setback, Nightmist, and Mister Fixer, and I knew I was in for trouble.

The first few turns were a slog. While I did play the Caliginous Form on the first turn, three of the Sentinels got almost immediately incapacitated. Mission Control was the first Room to appear and it played an inappropriate Mists of Time that swapped Nightmist's 2-card trash with her all-the-cards deck, stalling her card draw further. About the only bit of luck was that Expatriette's opening weapon was a Submachine Gun, which specifically aims at Non-Hero targets, and she had Hollow Points in hand.

Then Kismet's luck began to turn around with, appropriately enough, Surprising Fortune. Setback accelerated Nightmist's card draw and she was able to put on her Amulet and thoroughly lock down Kismet's deck with three Mistbounds in a row. Mister Fixer started laying on a reliable beat-down, and the Sentinels brought out a number of cards that aim for Villain targets. Or they gave Mister Fixer Dark Delusions - whatever worked!

In the end, I got this challenge on the first try, though I reallllllly did not think that would be the case!

New Challenge:

• Trajector to Pydro - Don't shoot the messengers! The Cult of Gloom is out proselytizing, but the heros know that they are being manipulated by their evil god. Surely they are redeemable! Defeat Gloomweaver without dealing damage to his Cultists (except for all-target damage).
Remaining Challenges:
  • carnilius to arenson9 - Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).

• Powerhound to  blackfang109 - The Freedom Five have shown they are up for the challenge of the Vengeful Five but how do the Prime Wardens fare against them. Using the Prime Wardens team (your choice on any variants used and order) defeat the Vengeful Five (order of your choosing) in any environment.

Deal me in. (Rather do video game challenges, but occasionally I'm game for the physical version.)

I'll toss my hat in.