I'm Callin' You Out!

Some of the recent forum events seem like they are about amassing statistics in what I find to be a somewhat…impersonal manner. So I thought I’d start a challenge, and make it PERSONAL!

Here’s how it works: this thread will have one active challenge in it at a time, directed at a particular forumite. The challenge can be any situation or task completable in the Sentinels of the Multiverse card/video game. If you defeat a challenge, you post the next one! If you forfeit, the initiative reverts to the original challenger. Be sure to tell us your war stories.

Let’s do this in ask-a-forumite style, where we only issue challenges to people who have posted in this thread. But, to start us off, I’m just going to pick somebody who I think likely to participate:

Arcanist Lupus! I’m calling you out! Baron Blade is threatening Megalopolis with his most devious plan yet, after distracting all the world’s super teams to get them out of the way. Defeat Advanced Baron Blade, in Megalopolis, choosing only heroes who are not a member of any usual teams (Ra, KNYFE, etc).

Interesting.  

I'm intrigued.

I'm in.  Come at me bro!

![Excellent.](upload://nezHg1yXNJw3IRdbuKUeAs931aT.gif)

I'd love to do this!

The title of this thread is very confusing to me as I need to stay in to play this, but I will be participating.

Sounds fun.

Count me in!

Bring it.

@Skippy: Here's a weird challenge I've been wanting someone to do for a while: Traitor Sentinels: The Traitor Sentinels Game

Choose 5 heroes and a villain/environment of your choice. At the start of the game, shuffle the heroes and pick one at random. That hero must spend their turns dealing as much damage to their team as they possibly can. The other heroes play as normal; they can attack that hero or ignore them, they can assist or resist him. That one hero, however, must treat the other members of the team as if they were the enemy (not mechanically; they still have to follow the rules of the game), and cannot deal ANY damage to the villain.

Report back once you win a game this way!

"Win" in this case being defined as the "You win" screen, not "killing off the rest of your team".

I think the goal is to wait until the first game is completed to propose another, but that game sounds awesome.

Once OblivAeon is out, Luminary would be the perfect hero to do that with. "Hahah, foolish heroes. You thought I was on YOUR side?!"

I would be honored to be challenged.

I'm assuming the Traitor challenge involves that hero not helping the team either, so playing Adept as the traitor and just never dealing damage would be out.

If you can redirect the damage the traitor would deal should the traitor still try, or should the traitor refrain because they know they can't actually deal the damage.

This is going to be fun.  I'm choosing Fanatic as the traitor, because I don't think I can beat her.

I’m in! But I’m also at work, so it will be a while. I suggest that, like the ask a Forumite thread, we get three challenges going at once. Also, if a challenge goes 24 hours (48 hours? Some number anyways) without being acknowledged (like I did just now) by the challengee the floor opens to anyone who wants to try that challenge. After some open period, the challenger can declare the challenge generally forfeit, and gets initiative back like normal.

That should hopefully help keep the thread from stagnating.

I'm in. But can we post the challenges in the first post, so those of us casually following along can see everything in one place?

Sounds fun!

Editing doesn’t work well to keep changing the first post.

Ah. That's still messed up, I forgot.

Looks like there's enough interest to have multiple challenges! I figured I would start with one. Let's do three at once.

Currently open challenges

1. Trajector to Arcanist Lupus: Defeat Advanced Baron Blade in Megalopolis, using only heros who are not members of any usual teams.
  2. PeterCHayward to Phantaskippy: Win a game in which one hero, selected at random at the beginning of the game, must spend their turns doing as much damage to the heroes as they possibly can.
  3. <Next poster gets to make a challenge!>
1 Like