I'm Callin' You Out!

I'm starting to get interested in this. :)

@Trajector

Thanks for the Call Out, but I don’t think I have time for this right now. I only posted to comment ofln the foruns not editing properly, not to be added to the list. If things change, I will let the thread know!

Sure, no biggie. Now I'm picturing a Western where the hero says to the villain, "thanks for the call-out!" :stuck_out_tongue:

I will re-issue the challenge to one of our newcomers. Also amending the list (assuming MigrantP also wasn't volunteering, because, you know…he's busy).

Current Challenges:

• carnilius to arenson9 - Parse, Wraith, and Visionary against Baron Blade in Ruins of Atlantis.  First, however, shuffle Ambuscade's traps into Baron Blade's deck face up (and if they are shuffled back in, they return face up).
  • Powerhound to blackfang109 - The Freedom Five have shown they are up for the challenge of the Vengeful Five but how do the Prime Wardens fare against them. Using the Prime Wardens team (your choice on any variants used and order) defeat the Vengeful Five (order of your choosing) in any environment.
  • Trajector to Phanton5613 - Don't shoot the messengers! The Cult of Gloom is out proselytizing, but the heros know that they are being manipulated by their evil god. Surely they are redeemable! Defeat Gloomweaver without dealing damage to his Cultists (except for all-target damage).
Available Challengers:

Trajector – last challenge: Jan 28; last post: Jan 28

Blackfang – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 27
dpt – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
UXM266 – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Matchstickman – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
carnilius – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
bobbertoriley – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
mwc146 – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
PeterCHayward – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Killswitch – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Pydro – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Dandolo – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Donner – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
afgncaap – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Arcanist Lupus – last challenge: Jan 27; last post: Jan 27
Powerhound – last challenge: Jan 27; last post: Jan 27
phantaskippy – last challenge: Jan 27; last post: Jan 27
arenson – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 27
Conchobar – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
jffdougan – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 27
Lord Flash Fire – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 28
Phantom5613 – last challenge: Ongoing; last post: Jan 28
TakeWalker  – last challenge: Never; last post: Jan 28

Any specifics on location or team?

Nope, whatever you like.

Im down

Pretty well, actually.  Started hairy, but soon, everything went under control.  PWAA 12, CC 10, PWF 12, H 17, PWT 15. 

The Vengeful Five kidnapped a schoolbus full of children to try and draw out the Freedom Five. 

Which would have worked if they hadn't had one of the Prime Wardens onboard the bus.

When they opened the hold of the Mobile Defense Platform, they found an enraged Haka with a gaggle of schoolchildren behind him.  "Intruders" came the call from the bridge, the remaining Prime Wardens responding to their compatriot's call for aid.  Haka chanted a ward over the children and their conveyence, and waded into the fray against Fright Train, while Captain Cosmc and PW Argent Adept made sure none of the children left the protective field.

Fanatic's anger got the better of her, and she laid waste to everything, friend and foe alike (Thanks, turn 3 EoD from PW Power), following up with throwing a Battalion Brute into Fright Train, knocking him senseless.  Argent Adept handed out card plays like candy (and actual candy to the children, to Haka's chagrin), while Captain Cosmic aided his friends greatly with Dynamic Syphons, Wounding Buffers and Energy Bracers.

Tempest's Otherworldly Resiliance, augmented by AA's shielding, allowed him to shrug off a large amount of attacks, while keeping his friends healthy.

While Haka took our Ermine, the Baron's serum got the better of him, and Haka used the baron as an object lesson for the children: Don't do drugs!

Proletariat and Friction were then taken out by Tempest on his last turn.

New Challenge: @Lord Flash Fire: Can Setback, Absolute Zero and Nightmist save the dreamer from herself?  Any variant of the three, CYOE.  [some restrictions apply, not all enviroments may be available in all areas. Some environments may be hazardous to your physical, mental or social health.  Do not taunt the Happy Fun Ball.]

Edit: spelling & Team Health

I had a storry written out, but then my computer froze and I lost it all. :/

Long story short:

"Don't shoot the messengers!": Compleated.

Legacy, TLTachyon, Naturalist, Tempest and Knyfe stops the Cult of Gloom from recruting members from the Block. Maybe if they sent more than one dude to recruit the hero's wouldn't have been able to punch Gloomy so bad. Even brining out their book of bad juju didn't help.

New Challenge: @dpt: Rook City Renegades Renovation Reunion!

The Wraith, Mr. Fixer and Expatriette have all responded to the same crime alert in Rook City, bringing them face-to-face with the dangerous Deadline! Rook City needs a good renovation, but not like this!

I feel your pain.  Mine was a rewrite, as these forums wouldn't let me paste from Word, though I was able to reference the original doc, though.

Wow. Not even pressing Ctrl + v worked? That stinks.

I got a popup asking if I wanted to allow access to the Clipboard.  I clicked yes.  Didn't do anything.

I'll note, I'm happier with the new end result than I was with the original, anyway.

I’m glad you guys stuck with it, because I’ve been enjoying these stories!

Not in their first 3 tries they can't.

Will try again later tonight.

Deadline's dastardly deeds were diverted! The team of intrepid heroes saved the day against Advanced Deadline, with the help of multiple denial cards (at least two Throat Jabs and a Grease Gun). Deadline brought out little ongoing/equipment destruction, so Mr. Fixer built up to his master form: Grease Monkey Fist, Dual Crowbars, Harmony, and Bloody Knuckles. Then Wraith unleashed an Inventory Barrage, destroying her Razor Ordinance, Smoke Bombs, Micro-Targetting Computer, and Utility Belt, and Ex-Patriette finished him off with her trust Shotgun.

Rook City pulled through with five cards left in the deck. Alas Tony Taurus was never seen again. But who is that mysterious figure roaming around with a giant dagger?

Next challenge given by whoever posts next!

Open Challenge:  Thick as Thieves

Defeat the Ennead, Advanced on front, in Tomb of Anubis.  With special guest Ermine as a second villain deck.

(You play ~half the hero turns then have Ermine play a turn)

Special Challenge rule:  Constant Prattle is indestructible.

Also not required, but come on, bring Ra.

Just fyi, haven't forgotten about this ...

Likewise. Some of these challenges are quite interesting!

I lost due to incapacitation on Blade's front side.

Holy heck! What the frick just happened?!

Two devious disruptions. One of the turns was Hasten Doom, rigged to Detonate, Powered Remote Turret (with a mobile defense platform still in play), and Unavoidable Explosion.

Gaack!

Well, crap. Second attempt I managed to flip Blade, but did no damage on his second side before TPK.

I think I need to stop worrying about traps and use Visionary to control the villain. But, man, Atlantis can get out of hand quickly, too.