Living Sentinels Campaign #2 - Results Thread

Living Sentinels Campaign #2

The Living Sentinels Campaign!

(Rules from lynkfox...thanks!)

1.     Each player may submit 1 game results. You can play as many games as you want, but you may only submit 1 game result.

2.     Each chapter of the campaign will last about a week. After a week or so (give or take a few days) the games results will be tallied depending on several standard things to note, and several things individual to the game (They will be listed in the scenario)

3.     After the due date of the scenario, no other games will count. You are of course welcome to play the scenario yourself, if you want a challenge in some way, but your results will not affect the next chapter.

4.     The storyteller will determine how the next scenario plays out, involving some of the aspects of the last scenario - the ST may change over time - I'm excited about it right now and I have some ideas, plus I'll do several scenarios so people have an idea of what I'm getting at. We may even reset for a new Campaign.

5.     Special instructions: Some games will have special setup instructions. Please note, that because of these, if they have a special setup, Do Not Submit them to the Statistics project. These will not be standard games.

6.     We'll keep all the results in one thread, and a separate thread with all the Scenarios to keep it a bit more clear. I will post the scenario in both threads, to help but one thread will be kept pretty clear.

7.     If you don't have all of the components to play a game completely, you can still submit a game, replacing the missing parts. Whether or not that game will be accepted as part of the results is up to the ST.

Chapter 1 - Sun and Moon

Ra:  Maia, this is fantastic. Thank you for sponsoring the new Egyptian exhibit.

Wraith:  You did all the work, I just shipped it here.

*Haka joins them.*

Haka:  Ahh, so this is where everyone is.

Ra:  Great that you can make it Aata, but where did you find a tux that would fit you?

Haka:  *with a huge grin on his face* I learned to sew.

*Sensing something is wrong, Ra looks up.*

Ra: Too bad we couldn't have the event during the day, I always preferred the sun over the moon, and tonight, the moon looks awfully big.

Wraith: *staring up at the sky* Too big if you ask me.

*Suddenly, the outline of a Mobile Defense Platforms forms over the face of the moon.*

Wraith: Blade. *Wraith takes out her phone.* Aminia, tell the team that Blade is in Rook City.

Aminia: Ok, they should be there shortly.

Wraith: Hmm...Stinson should have been here by now.

Ra: Should we wait?

Haka: *gently folds his tux and puts if off to the side.* I see no reason they should have all the fun.

Wraith: Ok, let's go.

Setup

Villain: Advanced Baron Blade

Heroes: Wraith, Ra, and Haka

Environment: Rook City (If you don't have Rook City, use Megalopolis, and mention that in the results).

Notes: The heroes can be played in any order. Use the normal version of each character, not the promos.

Special rules: None

Results to note

-Did the heroes win? If not, did they lose by having 15 cards in the trash, or by being incapacitated.

-The number of cards in the villain trash before Blade flips.

-Final hp of each character. The heroes and Blade (if they lost).

-At the end of the game, did Wraith have a Mega-Computer out, and how many?

Results Due by Sun, October 27th, 11:59 PM CDT.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidOKG-M_yQmdDhNM1FaLU1NNDRyM1VhTW9ISzhhZVE&usp=sharing

We get 11 months for this one?

My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

Should we use the results thread for the previous campaign?

Use his one for now. When the next scenario comes out, I will make a thread with just the games and no repsonses.

Results to note

Heroes are incapacitated

-The number of cards in the villain trash before Blade flips: 9

Blade had 26 on his flipped side.

No Mega Computers in play.

Can I assume that we can only play the three heroes listed in the scenario, no more?

Yes. The Wraith tried calling for backup, but nobody showed up yet. I wonder why.

There's no Ra when the moon is up, that's when Dr. Blake Washington Jr gets to come out and play. And he might have fared better than my team did.

Hero loss! (2 Blighted Streets and 2 Twisting Back Alleys did not help)

10 Cards in the trash when he flipped (6 targets, all kills by the heroes!)

Blade ended on 15 HP (last turn Flesh-Repair Nanites), every one else on 0

0 Mega Computers (3 during the game, all used for an Inventory Barrage)

If its any consolation, Blade’s plan isn’t to destroy the Earth.

15 cards in trash when he flipped.

Blade triumphant on 12 hit points.

0 mega computers.Wraith incapped before she could find one.

Heroes triumphant, due largely to a turn 1 Dr. Tremata and a turn 3 Tony Taurus. The fact that Ms. Maia managed to get 3 copies of her Mega Computer online didn't hurt either. 

16 cards in the trash when the Baron flipped means he was right on the cusp of getting that beam fully activated, however. 

A judicious use of smoke bombs led to a final hp of 13 for both Haka and Wraith and 12 for Ra. 

Hmmm... I wonder why no one else showed up to help. Do you think Aminia had trouble contacting them for some reason? It's not like her to fail to get the whole team together right away. I hope nothing's wrong back at the office...

My results:

Hero Victory!

Final HP:  Wraith [13]; Ra [13]; Haka [16]

Blade had 9 cards in his trash when he flipped.  

Wraith had one Mega Computer in play by the end of the game.

I got a good run of Impromptu Invention to start the game and was able to keep Wraith's damage down with Stun Bolt/Micro-Targeting Computer and a well-timed Throat Jab.   Plus, Haka was able to eat several of the Baron's cards with Savage Mana, which turned out to be the killing blow.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet with all of the data. I also added the link to the first post.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidOKG-M_yQmdDhNM1FaLU1NNDRyM1VhTW9ISzhhZVE&usp=sharing

Had a real nailbiter on my hands this game!

Result: Hero Victory

Ra - 0

Wraith - 1

Haka - 0

Game ended with a 11 point inventory barrage with Barron at 10hp. There was one Mega Computer that was destroyed in the final barrage for what that might be worth. There was no other option. 

Barron flipped with 15 cards in his discard. It came down to Haka (last in turn order) discarding his whole hand with a Haka of battle to deal the final 7 damage to get him into phase 2. 

I wouldn't say this one was a nailbiter, but it was tought.

Result: Heroes won, yeah.

Haka was at the highest HP with 12, followed by Ra at 5, and then Wraith at 3. Baron Blade at the end was tied with a Powered Remote Turrent for lowest HP target at 2 HP. In the end, his plan was ultimately foiled by not watching where his giant robot was stepping as he hit a building and was hit by some falling statuary, thus ending his mad rampage.

Do you remeber how many cards were in Blade’s trash before he flipped, or how man Mega Computers were in play at the end of the game?

I put that information into the spreadsheet. I forgot to count how many cards were in the trash, but it had to have been 12 or 13, so I put in 12. There were no Mega Computers in play.

Great! Thanks for the help!

Horrible game! Once Baron Blade flipped, the combined power Twisting Back Alleys, Living Force Field, and his advanced text proved to be too much DR for the heroes. Only hero that was capable of dealing any damage was Wraith. Toss in the Backlash Field, meaning any damage that was able to get through the DR, meant they would just get hit right back. The thing that makes it worse is Wraith had a Throat Jab and Haka had a Ground Pound for several rounds in the game, but neither could do anything with because of the DR or lack of cards.