Living Sentinels Campaign #2 - Results Thread

Wraith was certainly the key to this senario. She is the only one with ongoing/enviro destruction (and trying to destroy RC cards usually comes at a high cost otherwise), and backlash field is certainly a high priority to get rid of. Combine that with the fact that Element. Dist. is a large enough threat to keep Ra on his heels the entire game (Imbued Fire is a non-option), Wraith also has to pick up some damage slack with Razor/MicroTarget (Haka can't do it all alone). On top of that you needed to find time to play a Mega Computer and hope devious disruption doesnt show up. Wraith had so much she needed to do and not enough time to play it all. 

I was having time to play anything that I could, but the issue was drawing what I needed. I never seen one Grappling Hook, which is why Backlash Field and Living Forcefield was such a huge problem. What I should of done was let Ra die sooner so that way I could of used his incap powers to get rid of those Ongoings. After the flip, Ra and Haka never were able to deal damage to Blade, only to the lackies in his deck.

I purposely didn’t say what all thenotes will mean for the next game, because the heries wouldn’t know yet. Is this ok, or do you want to know?

I like surprises

Let me throw in a request: Could at least a couple of the scenarios be formulated from ONLY things available in the Core Set, with no expansions/promos? there are people who are relatively new to the game that might like to be part of this and couldn't otherwise.

"Where the heck are you guys?"  Wraith yelled into her wrist communicator, "We can't get through his defenses!"

2 Living force fields, Elemental redistributor, all three defense platforms, Twisting Back Alleys and Scum and Villainy.  It was a perfect storm.

Wraith barraged the only Mega Computer she got into play to drop Baron to 3hp.  Unfortunately that was where he remained with exactly 15 cards in the trash.  Even Haka trapping two cards under Savage Mana couldn't stop it.

So:

Hero Loss by cards in trash = 15

Baron Blade 3hp

No Mega Computers

Haka: 22hp

Ra:  18hp

Wraith:  8hp

This is honestly the first time I've lost to Blade.  I've come up with extra hard scenarios and still never even seen him win on the front side.  Heroes even got good cards, Blade and Rook City just shut us down.  Cool scenario, can't wait to see where it leads.

I seriously considered this issue and was going to make it happen in Megalopolis, but Rook City is better for the story. Unfortunately, it only gets worse after this.
I have a more ideas for this game, but the original idea was to have different story tellers each time. So, if someone else wants to start a new campaign with core only, we can use that idea and switch off the story teller each time. If nobody does, I will start a second one later tonight.

I thought you chose Rook City to get more people to lose.

Baron Blade even on his advanced side is usually kind of a chump. Rook City helped balance him. The fight is difficult without being nightmarishly insane and annoying, unlike fighting the Chairman in Rook City, ugh. I've had some ideas for a Sentinels type RPG experience that I could adapt into a Living Sentinels type experience that uses only the core set. I'm busy this next couple of weeks, though.

Baron Blade wins via cards in trash

# Cards in trash:  16

Final HP:    Blade: 2      The Wraith: 8        Haka: 14       Ra: 2

Zero Mega Computers

I feel like I could have played that better... It was close, with Baron Blade left with 6HP. I didn't realize just how bad Backlash Field and Living Force Field could be. Toxic Sludge was doing my work for me by the end, but Baron Blade prevailed. There was one Mega Computer out earlier, but it got destroyed by a premature Inventory Barrage.

I think we've had more losses than victories. It looks like the moon is going to crash into the Earth.

Nah, most of the losses were post flip, so at least we succeeded in that.

I'm not asking for the whole thing to use core set only material, just for at least some of the scenarios in the arc to, if that's possible.

I will try, but how about this in the meantime. If there are only a couple of things not from the core set, I will put down a core set replacement. So in this game, if you want to keep everything the same, but play in Megalopolis, that's fine. Just be sure to mark down the different in the results, and I will take that into account. (Rook City is a more difficult environment than Megalopolis.)

I think the main reason heroes had more losses is because 3 heroes vs. advanced Baron Blade is harder than a lot of people thought.  I've done a lot of self-plays 3 vs advanced Blade, and he is very difficult.  There's usually not quite enough damage ouput to take out all of the villains targets without taking a lot of damage.  I find in my self-plays that I get him to flip, but I've used so many damage dealing cards and taken more damage than usual (to prevent cards going into his trash) that his flip side is difficult to finish off.  I estimated as much as 40% loss percentage when the setup is 3 heroes vs. advanced Baron Blade of my own self-plays.

Early Backlash Field is almost always the reason for the loss, because heroes are forced into taking damage from Blade.  And then when he does flip, his auto DR and damage dealing combined with the Backlash Field that probably hasn't been dealt with ensures Blade finishes off the heroes.  In my game, Wraith got the Eyepiece out.  We had to let Blade heal for 10 HP so he couldn't play a Living Field Force.  That meant another turn of damage from a Blade Battlion and Toxic Sludge (we used the Sludge to destroy the Racketter the first chance we had, or else we'd taken even more damage).

Rook City is one of the most anti-hero environments there are, combing all of these factors, it's not a surprise Baron Blade managed to get so many wins.

Did you note the stats of the game?

Was thinking about it, and I decided to add 30 life to BB's final health if he won by having 15 cards in the trash.

I played in one of the other submitted games, but someone else did the submitting, so I figure I can add my entry.

Lost by incap after the flip (11 cards in his discard at the time). It was close. Baron Blade had 10 HP remaining and Wraith was ready to Inventory Barrage for 14, but the environment and villain turns were brutal and she didn't get the chance. There was one Mega Computer.

Great! The more games, the better. However, since Wraith was incapped, I am going to count it as 0 Mega-Computers in play.