Living Sentinels Campaign #2 - Results Thread

It sounds like byc played in the game that I ran and reported, but did not actually play in. Either that, or another group had very similiar circumstances.

RESULTS

Hero victory!

Wraith: 9 HP, Haka: 20 HP, Ra: 19 HP

Blade had 12 cards in the trash at the flip.

Mega Computers in play: 2

Using Megalopolis instead of Rook City (since I don't own the latter), the heroes won.

The Baron had either 13 cards in the trash before he flipped.

Ra had 11 HP, the Wraith had 7; Haka had 10.

There were 2 Mega-Computers in play.

Great. Thanks a lot. I have been sitting here working on the next scenario, and your results just upped the average Mega Computer to 1. Now I have to go back and change everything.  :wink:

No reason not to spoil it a little now. The Mega Computers helped the heroes get to where they needed to be, and the more Computers the mroe heroes in the next round. The average was at 0, which meant 3 heroes, but I just went back and added another one, for the extra Mega Computer.

If you post it in the next few minutes, I might get it played tonight while I'm watching Green Bay vs. Minnesota. (Go Pack!)

This one was brutal, Pydro.

Heroes win, barely.

The Baron had 13 cards in his trash prior to flipping. He had 21 when he flipped. Haka Savage Mana'd 8 of them.

Wraith - 4 HP

Ra - 8 HP

Haka - 1 HP

Mega Computers: 2

Chapter 2 - Men and Gods

2A - A Man Becomes a God

Baron Blade: Finally, those heroes won't stop me this time.

Minion: Umm...Boss, they destroyed the machine!

Baron Blade: Maybe, but it still worked, maybe not perfectly, but it worked.

Minion: Umm...Boss, the machine didn't work, the moon is still up there.

Baron Blade: Fool, who wants to destroy the Earth! I only needed to pull the moon closer, and it worked. Look...

*Baron Blade points to his Living Force Field and it begins to pulse as if alive.*

Baron Blade: This...device...is full of mystical energy, but it only contains the a fraction of its true potential. I searched the Earth for something similar, but I couldn't find anything. There was only one place left to look, beneath the waves.

Minion: Umm...Boss, what does that have to do with the moon?

Baron Blade: Fool, the moon controls the waves on this planet, the closer it is, the bigger they will be. With the seas  in turmoil, all we have to do is wait for the energy to reveal itself.

*The Living Force Field grows stronger.*

Baron Blade: See, the energy is being revealed, all we have to do is find it. Let's move.

Minion: Umm..Boss, shouldn't we build another Mobile Defense Platform?

Baron Blade: No time, they destroyed the machine before the moon was in its proper place, we have to move now to find it before them.  That Wraith's Mega Computers might be able to find this place.

Minion: Umm...Boss, I don't think we have to worry about those Mega Computers. I saw her throw a couple of them at you.

Baron Blade: Let's hope you are right. Let's go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visionary: This is where Maia said to be. *Seeing Tempest.* Glad you got my message.

Tempest: Why is the ocean in such chaos?

*The waves push away revealing very old ruins.*

Tempest: Whoa! What is that?

Fanatic: *Flying down to join him.* I was wondering the same thing.

Nightmist: *Solidifying next to them.* Those are the Ruins of Atlantis.

Fanatic: The Atlantis? The one that sunk.

Nightmist: Atlantis didn't sink. It was buried. It was sunk on purpose.

Tempest: Why?

Nightmist: It was the only way to keep it locked inside.

Tempest: What?

Visionary: I sense pain.

Nightmist: I sense darkness.

Fanatic: I sense evil.

Tempest: I sense calamari.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Baron Blade is walking among the Ruins, and the Living Force Field is growing in power.*

Baron Blade: Hahahaha...Finally, the world will bow to me! But this isn't enough power, not of the Ruins having been exposed. I know...I know...all I have to do is bring the moon a bit closer. All I have to do is rebuild the machine!

Tempest: Who is that man down there?

Visionary: Baron Blade. I sense he has something to do with this.

Fanatic: What is Baron Blade doing here?

*Energy is flowing from the Ruins into the Living Force Field.*

Nightmist: He is taking the energy of Atlantis! We must stop him!

Fanatic: So, let's take him out.

Nightmist: We can't, the energy is making him invincible!

Tempest: No problem, we just destroy Atlantis. It is in ruins anyway.

Nightmist: No! If you do, you will free what is trapped in there.

Tempest: So, we can't get him, but we can't destroy the ruins. What should we do?

Nightmist: *with a deep sigh* I...don't...know..."

Setup

Villain: Advanced Baron Blade

-Baron Blade starts with 10 (average hp) + 12 (cards in trash, energy from Atlantis) = 22 hp.

-Remove all 3 copies of Mobile Defense Platforms from the game (the heroes destroyed them last game).

-Remove 1 copy of Living Force Field from the game, and put the other copy into play.

-Living Force Field has the following text:

This card is indestructible.

Reduce damage to Baron Blade by 1 for each environment card in play.

-If there are 15 cards in the trash at the start-of-the-turn on Baron Blade's setup side, the heroes do not lose the game. Instead, add 30 hp to his current hp, put the rest of the environment deck into play (the moon reveals all of the ruins), and flip Baron Blade's card.

-If Baron Blade is reduced to 0 hp on his setup side, flip him, and restore his hp to 30.

Heroes (any order): Visionary, Tempest, Fanatic, and Nightmist (if you don't have Nightmist, you can use Wraith).

Environment: Ruing of Atlantis.

-At the beginning of the game, put the top 12 (cards in trash) / 3 = 4 cards of the environment deck into play (these were revealed by the moon in the last game).

-If the environment deck runs out, do NOT shuffle the trash into the environment deck.

Special rules: None

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?

-The number of cards in the environment trash at the end of the game.

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or Blade (if they lost).

Results Due by Sun, November 3rd, 10:00 PM CST.

2B - A Man Challenges a God

Mysterious Voice: Blade, why are so incompetent. Well, at least you are consistently incompetent, and it is easy to plan for. I will make sure the other heroes don't bother you, but don't fail this time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tachyon helps Wraith from the ground.*

Wraith: Stinson, where have you been? Blade just got away!

Tachyon: Blade? I am here because of the hostage situation at the museum.

Ra: What?

Tachyon: We just got the call from Aminia, thugs have taken over the museum.

Wraith: Let's go!

*Everyone walks up to the museum, and they see Legacy, Bunker and Absolute Zero inside.*

Bunker: What happened to you?

Wraith: Blade.

Legacy: WHAT? WHERE?

Ra: He got away, but it doesn't matter. Look!

*Everyone turns, and they see the Operative running into a glowing portal surrounded by Egyptian hieroglyphs .*

Absolute Zero: Follow her!

Ra: Wait! That rune above the portal, it's Anubis.

Bunker: Is that bad?

Ra: It's not good.

Legacy: Doesn't matter, we have to follow. You three look beat up, you stay here and cover the entrance from this side. Everyone else, let's go.

Setup

Villain: Chairman

Heroes (any order): Legacy, Bunker, Tachyon, and Absolute Zero

Environment: Tomb of Anubis

-Rod of Anubis should have the following text:

When a trial card is destroyed, place this card next to an active hero.

If this card is not by an active hero, then at the start-of-the-environment-turn, put this card next     to the Chairman. If the Chairman isn't in the game, put this card next to an active hero.

If this card is next to the Chairmen, then at the start-of-the-villain-turn, the Chairman deal 2            infernal damage to the hero with the highest hp.

If this card is next to an active hero, then at the start-of-that-hero's-turn, that hero deal 2   infernal damage to a non-hero target.

-Idol of Anput should have the following text:

When a trial card is destroyed, place this card next to an active hero.

If this card is not by an active hero, then at the start-of-the-environment-turn, put this card next     to the Chairman. If the Chairman isn't in the game, put this card next to an active hero.

If this card is next to the Chairmen, then at the start-of-the-villain-turn, the Chairman gains 2 hp.

If this card is next to an active hero, then at the start-of-that-hero's-turn, that hero gains 2 hp.

Special rules: None

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or the Chairman and Operative (if they lost).

Results Due by Sun, November 3rd, 10:00 PM CST.

Wraith: So, I guess we just wait here?

Haka: We can use the time wisely. here hold your hand up like this. Good.

Ra: What do you call this?

Haka: *with a big grin* Haka of Restoration:

Ra: *whispering to Wraith* Ugh, you better Suture Self (get it? shoot yourself).

Haka: 7 + 5 = 12

Ra: 6 + 5 = 11

Wraith: 4 + 5 = 9

There seems to be a double post for 2A. You'd like us to run both games?

Thanks for pointing that out. There are 2 games this week, 2A and 2B. Play both if you can. Thanks!

2A: Heroes win.

13 cards in Env Trash

HP: Visoonary: 14, Tempest: 14, Fanatic: 0, NightMist: 17

Thanks! I know those are the only results that mattered, but I am a bit curious about what happened.

Environment started with two Krakens and both Toxic Seaweeds out.

Tempest Flash Flooded the toxics and as Blade was the lowest of the targets, we let the Krakens eat him. We had all three out until Blade flipped when Fanatic End of Daysed to clear the environment out. Sadly some retributive damage and having to dip into Martyr to do any damage to Blade meant she was the lowest and clobbered. tempest and Visionary surivved as while the krakens were nomming, Tempest kept throwing out downpours. NightMist had ideal hand and got the amulet, Nekclace and Master of Magic out in the first three turns, so whenever blade hit the highest for lots, he tended to fall on his own cannon.

Fanatic eventually fell to the mystic defences after throwing all bar 1 hit point at Blade.

2B: Heroes win

Legacy 12, Bunker: 0, Tachyon: 0, Absolute Zero: 16

The Chairman started with the Broker, then pulled out the Muscle.

Legacy went into Next Evolution/Lead From the front mode as soon as possible as the informant kept playing out Rook City is Mine that spammed a lot of the environment deck. Zero started with no equipment, and the scarabs out so couldn't evn draw. Couple of Frost-Bound Drain's to get the bad guys down to the point where the various rtials started chewing through them. Trial of Fire and Trial of Blades is not fun for the Chairman's goons. Tachyon grabbed the Rod as Shamise fell to the various trials, while Zero got the Idol to keep him up. Tachyon was first to fall, to the spike trap rather than the chairman, while the same spikes finished off Bunker a few turns later. Zero ended up with rod and idol as well as, eventually his full set up, while Legay had the ring and charge so was able to heal , tank and damage every turn. But the environment was what really killed the Chairman's minins and the Operative, allowing the heroes to concentrate on him personally, with Legacy taking and ignoring the retributive damage.

Thanks for the write ups.

Hmmm…after so many losses last time, I didn't want to make Chairman advanced. Maybe I should change that.

Maybe he should learn not to challenge a god next time.

I'd see how the others do. Legacy with Lead from the Front AND Next Evolution on turn one, plus two prison breaks before I killed any underbosses really helped out.

PlatinumWarlock's Session 2A:

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?  Yes!, but barely!

-The number of cards in the environment trash at the end of the game.  8 cards in the environment trash.

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or Blade (if they lost).  Nightmist [6], Visionary [3]; Fanatic [6]; Tempest [3]. 

Chalk this one up to Wrathful Retribution!  Fanatic was able to unload on Baron Blade the turn after he flipped, taking out 23 of his 30 hit points in one shot!  

Session 2B will be following lunch!

I wonder why it is important that Wraith, Haka, and Ra gained 5 hp today. Why would it matter on a day to day basis? Will something happen before the end of the week?

PlatinumWarlock's Session 2B:

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?  Yes, handily!

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or the Chairman and Operative (if they lost).  Legacy [10]; Tachyon [8]; Absolute Zero [15]; Bunker [11]

The armored duo of Absolute Zero and Bunker utterly owned this game.  AZ got out a Cold Snap in his second turn, followed immediately by Bunker's Ammo Drop.  With so many cards in hand, Bunker had the Gatling Gun churning and, combined with +2 damage from Legacy, the Chairman couldn't keep any henchmen on the board long enough to actually deal significant damage!

Tachyon didn't do too much during this game, but she did take out Anubis with a well-timed Blinding Speed.

The Chairman did end the game with the Idol of Anput in hand, only because it was the first Environment card played.  I can just picture AZ standing over the badly-beaten Chairman, plucking the Idol from his crumpled, frostbitten form, saying "Yeahhhh, and we'll take this!"