Trying to collect some data on people who’ve actually played (or run) the RPG. If you have and can spare the time, answers to the following would be helpful:
- Are you primarily a player or a moderator? If you split your time between both roles, what percentage of time does each take up?
- How long have you been playing or running the game in calendar terms?
- How often do you play the game?
- How long is your average session?
- Do you play one-shot adventures?
- Short story arcs lasting 2-4 sessions?
- Longer campaigns, and if so, how long have they lasted?
- If you can estimate it, how many hours have you dedicated to actual play? If you run the game, how much extra time have you spent on session prep?
- Do you use the Sentinel Comics setting when playing? If not, do you use another published comics setting, or a homebrew of your own creation?
Thanks for any input you can give. Feel free to add any other comments you feel are relevant.
Priming the pump, my answers would be:
- Both run and play, split about 40-60, maybe 50-50 if I did a demo one-shot or have a spinoff story arc going.
- Been playing about three years now, with some added time spent with the Starter Kit back in 2017-18.
- At peak, I was doing three or four sessions a week. Currently none, aside from a pick-up one-shot the other day.
- Average session ran 3-4 hours of actual table time, allowing for extra time spent doing not-game stuff.
- Yes, often as demos.
- Yes, often as longer demos or side stories to a campaign.
- Yes, with them ranging from ~40 sessions over about eight months to just over 80 sessions in two years and some change. Been in a total of six campaigns, three as a player, three as mod or co-mod.
- No idea, but it’s quite a bit, more than any RPG I’ve been involved with in the last 30 years. When running my average session prep was probably an hour or so, including a fair bit of away-from-table private RP via email with individual players. It’s a shame TTRPGs don’t have Steam-style counters for “number of hours played” tracking. Maybe the world needs a gamer fitbit?
- Homebrew only.