Make a Citizen out of the Words Above You

I came up with this game while playing against Citizen Dawn. I didn’t know where to put it so I put it here.

Basically, we all know that Citizens of the Sun have themed naming. Hammer and Anvil, Blood, Sweat, and Tears, the four seasons, etc. So I’ve taken that and made it into a game. The rules are simple, one player comes up with two or more related words (no more than four to keep things manageable) and the next player has to make a set of citizens out of them. Then that player has to come up with two or more related words for the next player to make a set of citizens out of and so on and so forth. For example:

Here’s the very first set: Rock, Paper, and Scissors.

3 Likes

Sounds fun. I’ll give it a shot.

Citizen Rock - 6 HP
Citizen
After this card is played, destroy Citizen Scissor. If you do, Citizen Rock deals each hero target 3 melee damage.
Citizen cards are immune to melee and projectile damage.

Citizen Paper - 5 HP
Citizen
After this card is played, destroy Citizen Rock. If you do, Citizen cards are immune to melee and projectile damage until the next villain start phase.
End phase: Destroy 1 hero ongoing card, 1 item card, and 1 hero non-character target.

Citizen Scissor - 4 HP
Citizen
After this card is played, destroy Citizen Paper. If you do, each player destroys 1 non-character card in their play area.
End phase: Citizen Scissor deals the hero target with the highest HP and the hero target with the lowest HP 3 melee damage each.

Next set: Thunder, Lightning

2 Likes

I guess I’ll play.

CITIZEN THUNDER
When this Card enters Play, If Citizen Lightning is not in Play, Shuffle this Card back into the Villain Deck.
Start of Villain Turn: This Card deals each non-Villain Target 2 Sonic Damage. The Player controlling the Hero Character Card with the lowest HP that was dealt Damage this way Discards (H) - 2 Cards.

CITIZEN LIGHTNING
Start of Villain Turn: Summon Citizen Thunder. This effect can only be used once every time this Card is played.
End of Villain Turn: This card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) - 1 Lightning Damage. Then, this Card deals the (H) - 2 Hero Targets other than the Hero Target that was just dealt Damage 1 Lightning Damage.

Next Citizens: Citizen Weak Nuclear Force, Citizen Strong Nuclear Force, Citizen Electromagnetism, & Citizen Gravity.

1 Like

Way to not make it easy!

CITIZEN WEAK NUCLEAR FORCE - 3 HP
End of Turn: A hero player buries a card from hand, or each hero player buries a card from hand if Citizen Strong Nuclear Force is in play.

CITIZEN STRONG NUCLEAR FORCE - 3 HP
End of Turn: A hero discards the bottom card of their deck, or each hero discards the bottom card of their deck if Citizen Weak Nuclear Force is in play.

CITIZEN ELECTROMAGNETISM - 3 HP
End of Turn: Bury a hero item card, or (H) hero item cards if Citizen Gravity is in play.

CITIZEN GRAVITY - 3 HP
End of Turn: Bury a hero ongoing card, or (H) hero ongoing cards if Citizen Electromagnetism is in play.

Next Citizens: Citizen Salt and Citizen Pepper!

1 Like

CITIZEN SALT - 7 HP
Citizen
Start of Villain Turn: If Citizen Pepper is in play, they deal Citizen Salt H-2 projectile damage. Citizen Salt then deals one hero target psychic damage equal to the amount he just took.
End of Villain Turn: Citizen Salt deals each hero target 1 psychic damage.

CITIZEN PEPPER - 5 HP
Citizen
When this card enters play search the villain deck for Citizen Salt. If they are not in the villain deck, Citizen Pepper deals each hero target H-2 projectile damage.
End of Villain Turn: Citizen Pepper deals each hero target 2 projectile damage

Next Citizens: Citizen Black and Citizen White

1 Like

CITIZEN BLACK
Reduce Damage dealt to this Card by 1.
End of Villain Turn: Reduce Damage dealt to and by the Hero Character Card with the most Cards in Play by (H) - 2 until the the Start of the Villain Turn.

CITIZEN WHITE
Reduce Damage dealt to this Card by 1.
End of Villain Turn: This Card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) - 1 Radiant Damage.

Next Citizens: Citizen Sword and Citizen Sorcery.

CITIZEN SWORD
The first time that a hero target would deal damage to Citizen Sword, redirect that damage to a hero target.
End Phase: Citizen Sword deals the hero target with the lowest HP 2 melee damage.

CITIZEN SORCERY
Start Phase: Select the hero with the most Ongoing cards in play. That hero deals the hero with the least cards in play X psychic damage, where X is the number of Ongoing cards in the selected hero’s play area.

Next: Time and Space!

CITIZEN TIME -3 HP
When this card enters play, play the top card of the villain deck.
Passive Effect: All non-villain start of turn effects happen at the end of the turn and all non-villain end of turn effects happen at the start of the turn.

CITIZEN SPACE -3 HP
When this card enters play, play the top card of the villain deck.
Start of Turn: Pick a hero target. That hero target cannot effect other hero targets until the start of the next villain turn.

Next Citizens: Point and Counterpoint

CITIZEN POINT

If Citizen Counterpoint is in play, increase damage dealt by this card by +1.

- END PHASE
This card deals each Hero target 2 psychic damage.

“My argument is infallible! Your resistance is inadvisable!” – Citizen Point

CITIZEN COUNTERPOINT

The first time Citizen Point or this card is dealt damage each turn, this card deals the source of that damage 3 psychic damage.

“No, you’re wrong! That’s not how it works at all!” – Citizen Counterpoint

Next Citizens: Hmm . . . Citizens Land, Sea, and Air

Citizen Land hp 8
Start Phase: Citizen Sea and Citizen Air each destroy one environment card

Whenever an environment card is destroyed, deal each non-villain target 2 melee damage

“This land is my land!”

Citizen Sea hp 6
Start Phase: Citizen Land and Citizen Air each discard the top card of the environment deck

When the environment trash is shuffled into the deck, destroy all hero ongoing and items card and each hero discards their hand. Then, each hero draws four cards.

“As inevitable as the tides”

Citizen Air hp 5

Start Phase: Citizen Land and Citizen Sea each play the top card of the environment deck

Citizens are immune to damage dealt by environment targets

“Dawn’s elite are above such petty trifles!”

Next Citizens: Death and Taxes

CITIZEN DEATH 6HP
When this card enters play, destroy a hero target that is not a character card.
End of Turn: Citizen Death deals each hero target two infernal damage.

“Nothing can escape death, not even taxes.” -Citizen Death

CITIZEN TAXES 6HP
Play the top card of the villain deck. Then, if Citizen Death is in play, play the top card of the villain trash.
End of Turn: Citizen Taxes deals each hero target two psychic damage.

“Death can be avoided, taxes are inevitable.”

Next Citizens: Citizen Doom and Citizen Gloom

CITIZEN GLOOM

- END PHASE
If a copy of Return with the Dawn is not in play, Summon one. If Citizen Doom is in play, this card deals each Hero target 1 infernal damage.

“Being in the Cult of Gloom was nice, but here, the Citizens are their own masters.” - Citizen Gloom

CITIZEN DOOM

If Citizen Gloom is in play, reduce damage dealt to this card by -1.

- START PHASE
Discover Devastating Aurora. If you did, Bury this card.

“Your doom is nigh!” - Citizen Doom

Next Citizens: Citizens Flora and Fauna

I’m imagining these as being part of the Insula Primalis environment, not part of Citizen Dawn’s deck. I’m imagining the deck to have Flora and Fauna targets, representing dangerous plants and dinosaurs.

CITIZEN FLORA - 5 HP
While Citizen Fauna is in play, this target is immune to damage from Fauna targets.
End of Environment Turn: Discover a Flora target.

CITIZEN FAUNA - 5 HP
While Citizen Flora is in play, this target is immune to damage from Flora targets.
End of Environment Turn: Discover a Fauna target.

Next Citizens: Citizen Heart, Citizen Soul and Citizen Mind

CITIZEN HEART -3 HP
If Citizen Mind is in play, increase damage dealt by this card by one.
End of Villain Turn: Reveal the top card of the villain deck and put it into play. Citizen Heart then deals each hero target 2 projectile damage.
“Dammit, if we don’t act now everything will go wrong!” -Citizen Heart

CITIZEN MIND -3 HP
If Citizen Heart is in play increase damage dealt by this card by one.
End of Villain Turn: Citizen Mind puts the top card of the villain trash on top of the villain deck, then deals each hero target 2 projectile damage.
“Every action we take must be calculated.” -Citizen Mind

CITIZEN SOUL
If Citizen Heart is in play, increase damage dealt by this card by one. If Citizen Mind is in play, reduce damage dealt to this card by one.
End of Villain Turn: This card deals each target 2 projectile damage. Then, if Citizen Mind is in play, Citizen Soul will play the top card of the villain deck. If Citizen Mind is in play, Citizen Soul will put the top card of the villain deck in play. If both are in play, the players may choose which action Citizen Soul preforms.
“I… can’t… decide… but I… must.” -Citizen Soul

Next Citizens: Citizens Razzle, Dazzle, Glitz, and Glam

CITIZEN RAZZLE

- END PHASE
This card deals the Hero target with the highest HP (H) - 1 psychic damage. If at least 2 of Citizens Dazzle, Glitz, and Glam are in play and a Hero Character Card was dealt damage this way, that Hero’s player discards (H) - 2 card.

“Oh, you think you can keep up? Cute.” - Citizen Razzle

CITIZEN DAZZLE

- END PHASE
Prevent the next damage dealt by the Hero with the most cards in play. If at least 2 of Citizens Razzle, Glitz, and Glam are in play, this card deals that Hero (H) - 2 radiant damage.

“Sorry, is that too bright?” - Citizen Dazzle

CITIZEN GLITZ

If at least 2 of Citizens Razzle, Dazzle, and Glam are in play, damage dealt by this card is irreducible.

- END PHASE
This card deals each non-Villain target 1 energy damage.

“It’s time to get glitzy!” - Citizen Glitz

CITIZEN GLAM

Increase damage dealt by Citizens by +1.

Increase damage dealt by Citizens Razzle, Dazzle, and Glitz by an additional +1.

“The Citizens of the Sun will be the more glamorous than ever!” - Citizen Glam

Next Citizens: Citizens Famine, Plague, and War (Citizen Death used to be grouped with them too, before Citizen Dawn assigned Death to Citizen Taxes.)

1 Like

Citizen Famine
Players cannot draw cards.
End phase:
If Citizen Plague is in play, each player discards a card.
If Citizen War is in play, each hero deals themself 2 psychic damage.
“You can’t fight on an empty stomach!” - Citizen Famine

Citizen Plague
End phase:
Citizen Plague deals each hero target 1 toxic damage.
If Citizen War is in play, +1 damage dealt to hero targets.
If Citizen Famine is in play, destroy 1 hero ongoing card.
“You’re looking a bit sickly, hero. Maybe you should lie down.” - Citizen Plague

Citizen War
End phase:
Citizen War deals the H-1 hero targets with the highest HP 3 melee damage.
If Citizen Famine is in play, -1 next damage dealt by any target damaged this way.
If Citizen Plague in in play, +1 next damage dealt to any target damaged this way.
“Heroes? What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing!” - Citizen War

This group wouldn’t last long after the departure of Citizen Death, with Famine being reassigned to Citizen Feast and War to Citizen Peace. Obviously they didn’t play well with those new partners, and it left Plague alone with only his pet rat, Randy, to keep him company.

Next up: Fame and Fortune!

1 Like

CITIZEN FAME -7 HP
If Citizen Fortune is in play, reduce damage dealt to this card by one.
The first time a hero target would deal damage, redirect it to this card. Change that damage to Psychic damage.
Reduce Psychic damage dealt to this card by two.
“Nobody would want to hurt me! I’m much too handsome!” -Citizen Fame

CITIZEN FORTUNE -5 HP
If Citizen Fame is in play, increase damage dealt by this card by one.
End of Turn: Citizen Fame deals each hero target two projectile damage.
“Did he just shoot coins at me!?” -Bunker

Next Citizens: Citizen Hype and Citizen Train

CITIZEN HYPE

If Citizen Train is in play, increase damage dealt by Citizens by +1.

- START PHASE
Increase the next damage dealt by each Citizen by +1.

“Are you ready?!” - Citizen Hype

CITIZEN TRAIN

- END PHASE
This card deals the Hero with the highest HP (H) - 1 melee damage. If Citizen Hype is in play, destroy 1 of that Hero’s Ongoing or Item cards.

“Hey, that’s my thing!” - Fright Train

Next Citizens: Citizens Love and Hate

Citizen Love HP 5
Citizen Hate is immune to damage

End Phase: The H Citizens with the lowest hp gain 2 HP

Citizen Hate HP 7

If Citizen Love is in the Trash, increase damage dealt by Citizen Hate by H

End Phase: Citizen Hate deals the hero target with the lowest HP H Infernal damage.

Uh, you forgot to tell us the names of the next Citizens.