Make a Citizen out of the Words Above You

so i did, Citizens Harmony, Melody, and Rhythm

(I imagine these Citizens were a special anti-Argent Adept squad)

CITIZEN HARMONY
End of Turn: Activate the preform text on a Harmony card, replacing all names on the card with Citizen Harmony and any Hero Targets with Villain Targets and vice versa. That card cannot be used by a hero target until the beginning of the next Villain Turn.

CITIZEN MELODY
End of Turn: Activate the preform text on Melody card, replacing all names on the card with Citizen Melody and any Hero Targets with Villain Targets and vice versa. That card cannot be used by a hero target until the beginning of the next Villain Turn.

CITIZEN RHYTHM
End of Turn: Activate the preform text on a Rhythm card, replacing all names on the card with Citizen Rhythm and any Hero Targets with Villain Targets and vice versa. That card cannot be used by a hero target until the beginning of the next Villain Turn.

Next Citizens: Citizens Breaking and Entering

CITIZEN BREAKING

- END PHASE
Destroy (H) - 2 Hero Ongoing and/or Item cards, prioritizing Item cards. If Citizen Entering is in play, this card deals each Hero 2 melee damage per card belonging to that Hero that was destroyed this way.

“Oops!” - Citizen Breaking

CITIZEN ENTERING

If Citizen Breaking is in play, redirect the first damage dealt to this card each Round to the Hero that this card most recently made deal damage.

- END PHASE
The Hero with the most cards in play deals the Hero target with the highest HP (H) - 1 melee damage.

“Watch out, that one can possess anyone, and make them turn on their own allies!” - Nightmist

Next Citizens: Law & Chaos

Citizen Law
Each player cannot play more than 1 Hero card per turn. Each Hero cannot use more than 1 power per turn.
End phase:
If Citizen Chaos is in play, each hero target deals itself 2 fixed psychic damage.
“Costumed vigilantes are illegal! I’m making a Citizens’ arrest!” - Citizen Law

Citizen Chaos
End phase:
Shuffle the villain deck and put the bottom card into play.
If Citizen Law is in play, bury 1 ongoing or item card belonging to each player.
“Some people just like to watch the sun burn…” - Citizen Chaos

Next: Crime and Punishment

CITIZEN CRIME
End of Turn: Destroy one hero ongoing or equipment card. If Citizen Punishment is in play, destroy another hero ongoing or equipment card.

“I hope this wasn’t important to anyone, because its mine now.” -Citizen Crime

CITIZEN PUNISHMENT
End of Turn: Citizen Punishment deals each hero target 2 melee damage. If Citizen Crime is in play, each hero discards a card.

“You think you’re the only one who can deliver divine punishment around here!” -Citizen Punishment

Next Citizens: Citizens Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Breaking and Entering; Law and Chaos; Crime and Punishment; Judge, Jury, and Executioner . . . I see a theme.

CITIZEN JURY

Redirect all damage dealt by Citizens to the Hero target who most recently dealt damage to Citizen Dawn. That damage is irreducible.

“I find you guilty of defying the Citizens of the Sun!” - Citizen Jury

CITIZEN JUDGE

Increase damage dealt to the Hero target who most recently dealt damage to Citizen Dawn by +2.

- END PHASE
The player whose play area contains the Hero target who most recently dealt damage to Citizen Dawn discards 1 card.

“Why am I always fighting judges?” - Captain Cosmic

CITIZEN EXECUTIONER

- END PHASE
This card deals the Hero target who most recently dealt damage to Citizen Dawn (H) - 1 melee damage.

“Any last words?” - Citizen Executioner

Next Citizens: Citizen Dungeon & Citizen Dragon

Citizen Dungeon HP 6

Heroes cannot draw card
When Citizen Dungeon is destroyed, each hero draws one card

End Phase: If Citizen Dragon is in play, each hero discards one card

“Steal the loot and store it safe, without their toys the heroes shall chafe!”

Citizen Dragon HP 10

If Citizen Dungeon is in play, damage dealt by Citizen Dragon is irreducible (the idea is that if the heroes are trapped in the walls citizen dungeon has made they can’t dodge)

End Phase: Deal the H-2 heroes with the highest HP 4 damage

“Rwwwwwwwwwwwar”

Next Citizens Sweet and Sour

CITIZEN SWEET
Heroes cannot play cards. If Citizen Sour is in play, Citizen Sweet deals each hero target 2 toxic damage.

“Cotton candy?” -Citizen Sweet

CITIZEN SOUR
Citizen Sour deals each hero target 2 toxic damage.

“I HATE cotton candy.” -Citizen Sour

Next Citizens: Citizen Milk and Citizen Curdle

CITIZEN MILK

- END PHASE
This card deals the (H) - 2 Hero targets with the highest HP 1 projectile damage each. If Citizen Curdle is in play, this card also deals each of those targets 1 irreducible projectile damage each.

“Cower in the unstoppable might of the power of dairy!” - Citizen Milk

CITIZEN CURDLE

- END PHASE
This card deals each Hero target 1 sonic damage and 1 psychic damage each. Reduce the next damage dealt by each target dealt psychic damage this way by -1.

“I can curdle milk, but I can also let loose blood-curdling screams!” - Citizen Curdle

[I know, it’s a stretch, but what am I supposed to do with someone who can curdle milk? I don’t even think that power would be accepted into the citizens.]

Next Citizens: Citizens Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division!

Citizen Addition HP 6

Increase damage by Citizens Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division by one
End Phase: Discover a citizen

Citizen Subtraction HP 4

Citizens Addition, Multiplication, and Division reduce damage dealt to Citizen Subtraction by 1

End Phase: Destroy the non-character citizen with the lowest HP other then Citizen Subtraction. Deal each hero target X damage where X was that citizens HP

Citizen Multiplication HP 6

Citizen Multiplcation copies the game text of the non-character citizen with the highest HP

Citizen Division HP 4
Heros skip either their Play Phase or Power Phase

Next Citizens Citizens Laughy and Taffy

CITIZEN LAUGHY -5 HP
End of Turn: Citizen Laughy deals each hero target one psychic damage. If Citizen Taffy is in play Citizen LAUGHY deals each hero target one toxic damage.

“HAHAHAHAHA! You should see your faces!” -Citizen Laughy

CITIZEN TAFFY -3 HP
Reduce damage dealt by hero targets by one.

“Taffyman? I’m sorry, you must have me confused with someone else.” -Citizen Taffy

Next Citizens: Citizens Mutant and Citizen Mastermind

CITIZEN MUTANT

- END PHASE
If Citizen Mastermind is in play, this card deals the (H) - 1 Hero targets with the highest HP 1 irreducible toxic damage each.

- START PHASE
Destroy 1 Villain Ongoing card. If a card was destroyed in this way, Discover 2 Villain ongoing cards and Bury this card.

“That Citizen appears to be able to mutate Dawn’s powers, increasing their potency!” - Tachyon

CITIZEN MASTERMIND

If Citizen Mutant is in play, reduce all psychic damage dealt by Hero targets by -2.

Redirect the first damage dealt each turn by the Hero with the most cards in play to the Hero target with the highest HP. Increase that damage by +1.

“I am the master of minds!” - Citizen Mastermind

Next Citizens: Citizens Brains & Brawn

CITIZEN BRAWN 10 HP

End Phase: Citizen Brawn deals the hero target with the highest HP (H)+2 melee damage.

“What do you want to do tonight, Brains?” - Citizen Brawn

CITIZEN BRAINS 4 HP

Citizen Brains is immune to melee damage.
Redirect damage dealt by Citizen Brawn to the hero target with the lowest HP.

Next up: Rock and Roll!

CITIZEN ROCK -10 HP
End of Turn: Citizen Rock deals each hero target two projectile damage. If Citizen Roll is in play, Citizen Rock deals each target one projectile and one melee damage.

“Let’s rock, little guy!” -Citizen Rock

CITIZEN ROLL -5 HP
If Citizen Rock is in play, increase damage dealt by Citizen Roll by one.
End of Turn: Citizen Roll deals each hero target one melee damage.

“Roll out!” -Citizen Roll

Next Citizens: Citizen Need and Citizen Speed

CITIZEN NEED

If Citizen Speed is in play when this card is destroyed, Bury all cards under this card.

- END PHASE
Destroy 1 Ongoing or Item card belonging to the Hero with the most cards in play, putting it under this card. Then, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP X + 1 energy damage, where X = the number of cards under this card.

“I’ll take that, and that, and that . . . ” - Citizen Need

CITIZEN SPEED

If Citizen Need is in play, prevent the first damage dealt to this card each turn.

- END PHASE
This card deals each Hero target 1 melee damage.

- START PHASE
This card deals each Hero target 1 melee damage.

“Haha, that’s the way!” - Friction

Next Citizens: Citizens Dream & Nightmare

CITIZEN DREAM -3 HP
Start of Turn: The hero target with the lowest HP cannot deal damage. If Citizen Nightmare is in play, the hero target with the highest HP cannot deal damage.
That was a perfectly legitimate speed run! -Citizen Dream

CITIZEN NIGHTMARE -4 HP
Start of Turn: Citizen Nightmare deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 psychic damage. If Citizen Dream is in play then Citizen Nightmare deals the hero target with the hero target with the lowest HP 2 psychic damage.
Imagine all the power of my younger self, but tempered by years of practice. -Visionary

Next Citizens: Citizens Silver and Gold

I decided to make it a little harder for me.

Citizen Bronze - 3 HP
If Citizen Silver is not in play, increase Citizen Bronze’s damage by 1.
If Citizen Gold is not in play, increase Citizen Bronze’s HP by 3.
End Phase Citizen Bronze deals each hero target 0 energy damage.
I am the best…the second best…the third best. - Citizen Bronze

Citizen Silver - 4 HP
End Phase: Each hero discards 1 card. If Citizen Bronze is in play, Citizen Silver deals the Hero target with the lowest HP 2 energy damage. If Citizen Gold is not in play, Citizen Silver deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 energy damage.
All that glitters isn’t gold. - Citizen Silver

Citizen Gold - 6 HP
End Phase: Destroy 1 hero ongoing card. If Citizen Bronze is in play, deals each Hero target 1 energy damage. If Citizen Silver is in play, Citizen Gold deals the H-2 Hero targets with the highest HP 3 energy damage.
I am THE BEST. - Citizen Gold

Next Citizens: Calm, Cool, and Collected

CITIZEN CALM

The Hero with the lowest HP must skip either their Play Phase or their Power Phase on their turn. If both Citizen Cool and Citizen Collected are in play, reduce damage dealt by that Hero by -(H) - 2.

If Citizen Cool or Citizen Collected is in play, reduce the first damage dealt by each non-Villain target each turn by -1.

“Calm . . . down!” - Citizen Calm

CITIZEN COOL

If Citizen Calm or Citizen Collected is in play, damage dealt by this card is irreducible.

- END PHASE
This card deals the Hero target with the highest HP (H) - 1 cold damage. If both Citizen Calm and Citizen Collected are in play and that target was a Hero Character Card, that Hero’s player discards 1 card.

“Chill out, dude!” - Citizen Cool

CITIZEN COLLECTED

If both Citizen Calm and Citizen Cool are in play, whenever this card Buries or destroys a Hero card, that Hero’s player discards a card.

- END PHASE
Bury 1 Hero Ongoing or Item card. If Citizen Calm or Citizen Cool is in play, destroy 1 Hero Ongoing or Item card.

“Ah, another excellent trinket for my collection . . . ” - Citizen Collected

Next Citizens: Smoke and Mirrors

CITIZEN SMOKE
Reduce damage dealt by all Hero Targets by 1. If Citizen Mirrors is in play, reduce damage dealt by all Hero Targets by 2.

“Looks like you were just… smoked.” -Citizen Smoke

CITIZEN MIRRORS
Redirect the first damage dealt by a hero target each turn to that hero target.

“Amateurs.” -Glamour

Next Citizens: Citizen Sword and Citizen Sorcery

Ummm… Did you by chance mean “S” Word? :wink:

1 Like