Make a Citizen out of the Words Above You

CITIZEN BEST

Increase all damage dealt by Villain targets by +1.

END PHASE
If Citizen Worst is in play, the (H) + 1 Villain targets with the lowest HP each regain 1 HP

“I bring out the best in us . . . ” - Citizen Best

CITIZEN WORST

Reduce all damage dealt by Hero targets by -1.

END PHASE
If Citizen Best is in play, destroy 1 Hero Ongoing card.

“ . . . And I bring out the worst in you.” - Citizen Worst

Next Citizens: Citizens Scum & Villainy

CITIZEN SCUM -3 HP

End of Turn: Citizen Scum deals each hero target 2 toxic damage. If Citizen Villainy is in play, one hero deals themselves 1 psychic damage.

“This is just disgusting.” -Bunker

CITIZEN VILLAINY -5 HP

End of Turn: Citizen Villainy deals each hero target 2 psychic damage. If Citizen Scum is in play, Citizen Villainy deals one hero 1 toxic damage.

“It’s spelled Villainy!” -Citizen Villainy

Next Citizens: Citizen Wretched and Citizen Hive

1 Like

Citizen Wretched, 1 HP
When Citizen Wretched is destroyed, she first deals 5 psychic damage to the Hero character card with the highest HP. Then, if Citizen Hive is in play, Citizen Wretched deals 3 infernal damage to the hero character card with the lowest HP.

Citizen Hive, 9 HP
Whenever Citizen Hive is damaged, she deals 1 projectile and 1 toxic damage to each hero target.
At the start of the villain turn, if Citizen Wretched is in play, Citizen Hive deals 1 melee damage to herself, then regains 1 HP.

Next: Citizen Best of Times and Citizen Worst of Times.

CITIZEN BEST OF TIMES (7)

END PHASE
Play the top card of the Villain Deck.

START PHASE
If Citizen Worst of Times is in play, this card deals itself 1 irreducible psychic damage. Otherwise, this card deals itself 2 irreducible psychic damage.

“It’s time to bring back the good ol’ days!” — Citizen Best of Times

CITIZEN WORST OF TIMES (4)

The Ⓗ-2 Heroes with the highest HP must skip either their Play Phase or Power Phase each turn.

If Citizen Best of Times is in play, increase the first damage dealt to each Hero each turn by +1.

“Ha! Even when you slow me down, I can still punch you at normal human speeds!” — Tachyon

Next Citizens: Citizens Fact & Fiction

What the heck is “fixed” damage? I’m guessing this is a Definitive Edition thing; if this game is using new rules that I haven’t followed, then I’m gonna have to drop out.

Fixed damage is indeed a new Definitive Edition thing.

It’s damage that cannot be increased, decreased, redirected, or type-changed. Damage immunity can still block it and “[x] is unable to deal damage” can still prevent it from being dealt. It seems to be used mainly, but not exclusively, as “upkeep cost” effects.

1 Like

I’d hate to lose a participant, @The_Justifier. I can easily avoid using DE terms if you’d like, so everyone can play, regardless of what Edition they know.

CITIZEN PAST -5 HP

If Citizen Future is in play, heroes cannot draw cards.

Start of Turn: At the start of the villain turn, take the top card of the villain trash and put it into play.

“The past is the past, except when it’s the present.” -Citizen Past

CITIZEN FUTURE -5 HP

If Citizen Past is in play, heroes cannot play cards or use powers that allow them to remove cards from the trash.

Start of Turn: At the start of the villain turn, take the top card of the villain deck and put it into play.

“I have seen the future and in it the world belongs to the Citizens of the Sun!” -Citizen Future

Next Citizens: Citizens Length, Width, and Height

Anyone remember the fairy tale “Longshanks, Girth, and Keen”? That’s what I’m drawing on for this one.

Citizen Length - 3 HP
At the start of the villain turn, Citizen Length deals 3 energy damage to the hero target with the second highest HP. This damage is irreducible if Citizen Height is in play.
Redirect all damage that would be dealt to Citizen Length to Citizen Width.
“You heroes have no hope as far as I can see. And I can see FAR.”

Citizen Width - 5 HP
Reduce damage to Citizen Width by 4 if Citizen Height is in play.
Heroes cannot draw cards if Citizen Length is in play.
“No one beats me!”

Citizen Height - 7 HP
At the end of the villain turn, if Citizen Length is in play, play the top card of the villain deck.
Increase damage dealt to hero targets by 2 if Citizen Width is in play.
“I think I’ll just go out and stretch my legs a bit…”

Next: Citizen Square and Citizen Cube

Hey!

Sorry, I have no idea how I misinterpreted that.

1 Like

Clearly it was all Citizen Future using his/her/zir powers to mess the causality up. To avoid paradox, Xmetal should post “Next: Citizens Past & Future”, and Fjur then responds with Citizens Fact & Fiction, and the timeline will be restored.

2 Likes

Next Citizens: Past & Future

CITIZEN CUBE (5)

If Citizen Square is in play, reduce damage dealt to this card by -1.

END PHASE
This card deals the Hero target with the highest HP :h: melee damage.

“Me and my friend here will crush you heroes exponentially!— Citizen Cube

CITIZEN SQUARE (3)

If Citizen Cube is in play, reduce damage to this card by the Hero with the most cards in play by -1.

END PHASE
This card deals the X² non-Villain targets with the highest HP 3 projectile damage each, where X = this card’s current HP.

“Outta my way, you square loser!” — Greazer Clutch

Next Citizens: Citizens Fact & Fiction

CITIZEN FACT -3HP

End of Turn: One hero destroys 1 card in their play area. If Citizen Fiction is in play, another hero destroys 1 card in their play area.

“Your loss is a fact! It cannot be changed!” -Citizen Fact

CITIZEN FICTION -3HP

End of Turn: Play the top card of the villain deck. If Citizen Fact is in play, play another card from the villain deck.

“The stuff I make up is way better than most actual facts.”
“Hey! That’s my line!”
-Citizen Fiction & Unity

Next Citizens: Citizens North, South, East, and West.

Citizen North - 2 HP
When Citizen South enters play, Citizen North deals 2 cold damage to each non-villain target and is then destroyed.
At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck.
“Winter is coming!”

Citizen West - 2 HP
When this card enters play, destroy Citizen East.
Reduce damage dealt to Citizen North or Citizen South by 2.
When Citizen East enters play, destroy this card.
“I’ll tell you where you can go, young man!”

Citizen South - 2 HP
When Citizen North enters play, Citizen South deals 4 fire damage to the hero target with the highest HP and is then destroyed.
At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck.
“That simpleton knows nothing of how one properly wields the flames of summer.” - Ra

Citizen East - 2 HP
Increase damage dealt by Citizen North by 1. Increase damage dealt by Citizen South by 2.
“I was the last one to get recruited. They said they already picked the other directions, and only East was left. I still think maybe they were being racist.”

Next: Citizen Arms & Citizen Armor.

CITIZEN ARMS (4)

END PHASE
This card deals each Hero target 2 melee damage. If Citizen Armour is in play, reduce the next damage dealt by each target dealt damage this way by -1.

“No one is out of my reach!” — Citizen Arms

CITIZEN ARMOUR (6)

Reduce damage dealt to the :h:-1 Citizens with the lowest HP by -2.

END PHASE
If Citizen Arms is in play, that card and this card each regain 1 HP.

“Oi, nice try, mate. But you’ll have to try a wee bit harder to pierce my armours.” — Citizen Armour

Next Citizens: Citizens Sentinel & Multiverse

CITIZEN SENTINEL -8 HP

Start of Turn: Citizen Sentinel reduces damage to all citizens by 1. If Citizen Multiverse is in play, he deals each hero target 1 energy damage.

“I’m watching you.” -Citizen Sentinel

CITIZEN MULTIVERSE -9 HP

Upon entering play, Citizen Multiverse searches the villain deck for :h: minus 2 Citizens and puts them into play. Shuffle the villain deck. If Citizen Sentinel is in play, Citizen Multiverse searches the villain trash for a Citizen and puts that card into play.

End of Turn: Citizen Multiverse deals each hero target 1 energy damage.

“With the power of the Multiverse at my command, the Citizens of the Sun will be infinite!” -Citizen Multiverse

Next Citizens: Citizens Cook and Clean

Citizen Cook - 1 HP
At the end of the villain turn, Citizen Cook surrenders.
“I don’t even know how to cook! Cook is just my last name, but they told me I had to work in the kitchen or Dawn would set me on fire!”

Citizen Clean - 2 HP
Reduce toxic damage to Citizen Cook and this card by 1.
“I swear, he looks like he just stepped off of the floor-polish bottle. Doesn’t anyone else think this is weird?” --Unity

Next: Citizen Surrealism and Citizen Realism

Alright, watch how the master gets it done.

Citizen Surrealism - 4

At the end of the Villain Turn, Citizen Surealism deals the 2 Heroes with the most cards in hand :h:-2 Psychic damage. If Citizen Realism is in play, those two players switch seats.

If Guise is in play, redirect damage dealt by this card to the target that I choose.

“What’s going on‽” - Casa-Nova

Citizen Realism -5

At the start of the Villain turn, if Citizen Surrealism is in play, this card deals the Non-Villain Target with the Lowest hp 2 melee damage.

At the End of the Villain Turn, his card deals the Non-Villain Target with the Lowest hp :h:-2 irreducible projectile damage damage.

If Guise is in play, redirect damage dealt by this card to the target that I choose.

“Of course, the most realistic thing is that Guise wins and saves the day.”

Next: Citizen Guise & Citizen Joke & Citizen King

CITIZEN GUISE -10

Start of Turn: Citizen Guise, who is definitely not Guise wearing a fake mustache, deals the Citizen with the lowest hp two melee damage.

“Oops! Sorry fellow Citizen!” -Citizen Guise

CITIZEN JOKE -3 HP

If Citizen King is in play, increase all damage dealt by Citizen Joke by 1.

Start of Turn: Citizen Joke deals each target 1 melee damage and 1 psychic damage.

“Every King needs a good Jester.” -Citizen Joke

CITIZEN KING -5 HP

Citizen King acts using the text of the non-character Citizen Card with the highest HP other than this card.

“Citizen King rules all!” -Citizen King

Next Citizens: Citizen Secret and Citizen Agent

1 Like