Next Sentinels Day London

Duh un, will see you there!

Sunday sunday sunday!

I actually managed to get along there, Huzzah!, and much gaming was done. There were 4 games of Sentinels played, with lots of playtesting with fan made decks (I felt quiet left out with all those character ideas flying around) and official WotC decks, so much cut out paper! We lost as many games as we won but even when we lost we put up a good fight.

After that it was time for Tactics, it was my first time seeing the finished product. I was impressed by the comics/scenario books, particularly with their crossovers with the flavour text on the cards.

We played all 3 Blade scenarios, with AZ and Ra taking the roles of the heroes.
The first scenario was completely dominated by baron Blade, the heroes spent a lot of time chasing him around the board for no effect, I think the heroes managed a whopping 1 point of damage to Blade over the course of the whole scenario!

Scenario 2 was the complete opposite, the heroes crushed everything that Baron Blade put down. With area attacks coming from both AZ and Ra Blade went down quiet a few times too. Even with Forcefield turrets and his Kinetic Redistributor up and running it was a whitewash for Blade.

The cumulation of the Baron's plot was a nailbiter. There were no turrets on the board to start with but that soon changed, forcefield turrets were the name of the game. It seemed wrong but Ra kept using Drawn to the Flame to push the Turrets around, and the Pylons! AZ kept up the area damage with Thermal Shockwave again, and it proved very effective, but just as deadly to the heroes with Blade Redistributing it back at them. Eventually it came down to the final turn, with 2 Pylons needed and 2 surrounding AZ at 3 damage each, and Blade there ready to redistribute the damage if the Pylons didn't explode.
Heroes scored a very close victory!

Most frequently used powers
Baron Blade: Kinetic Redistributor (Paul)
AZ: Thermal Shockwave (Matt, not on these forums)
Ra: Drawn to the Flame (Me)

Stupid moment: Ra aimed as his first action, then use Drawn to the Flame rolling a 4d attack, three 2s and one 1, automisses on a  2.

Fun had: Lots.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, MatchstickMan. *shakes fist at the meddling heroes for ruinging the lgorious plan to bring order to Megalopolis*

So, time for October's to be planned. There's a LoB on every weekend, so which days can people mnake?

Ja'Ph's next free Sunday will be the 12th :).

So I was at a friend's wedding yesterday (with Ja'Ph') and I unexpectedly met up with another old school friend and at the reception we started talking about games - her partner said he played Magic a bit and so I then had to say something along the lines of "There's this card game we play that's co-operative and it's to do with superheroes and stuff and even though I'm not really interested in superheroes or comics and stuff I think this game is really amazing..." and we then spent over an hour talking about Sentinels and I basically sold it to them because they say they're gonna look into buying it :D. I also told them about the regular London meet-ups and they might be along to one of those at some point (they both work in London so they said they can get there pretty easily), so we can split into two groups or something if they show up and there's too many of us for a single game :).

All will be assimilated.

As no-one's said otherwise, next London Sentinels day will be Sunday October 12th. Don't forget to book through the London on Board site.

Ahh I see sign-ups are available - I'm in :).

RSVP'd :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm busy up till around 2pm but the afternoon is clear after then.

Bit of an issue with November's date as there are holidays in the middle for 3/4 of the regular group, so, available dates are just the 9th and the 30th, both Sundays, both at the Railway Tavern. Any preferences for which of those two?

I think we're up for the 30th :).

30th confirmed as date of the next meetup. Booking open. Don't forget to reserve your place in the Meetup group.

Took about ten minutes, but managed to sign up :D.

Signed up again, but with my track record who knows? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully I'll actually be able to make it this time without anything coming up at the last minute!

Dang it! There is a clash with something else that weekend so I'll have to drop out again. :annoyed face:

Ok, as Christmas is now over, time to organise for January. Given World Sentinels Weekend is the 10th and 11th, that would seem to be a sensible weekend to aim for, but any weekend will do. All Saturdays are at the Frog, Sundays are at the Railway Tavern by Liverpool Street.

So, when do people want to meet up?

What's World Sentinels Week?

I may need to wait and see when Ja'Ph' is available this month but as usual I'll get back to you :).

https://greaterthangames.com/content/announcing-multiverse-month

Looks like it's gonna be toward the end of the month for us - Ja'Ph' is having some building work done at his house so it's a bit of a mess there atm but he says it should be done within the next couple of weeks (when we have a London meet, we go from his place). Plus he hasn't checked when he's off yet.

Does anyone know what the motorcycle parking is like near either of those venues? With the one day travel card going up by 35% yesterday, I'm probably only going to go to venues I can ride to. I think the Liverpool St one may have something nearby, but don't know anything about the Frog.

We can do the 25th or the 1st :).