Primewars

ooooooooooooooooo this sounds something interesting.

I will agree though knowing more about where Prime War stands would be nice. It has been almost 2 years since I backed it.

I have to admit that I was disappointed that it wasn’t even mentioned in the May update. I know it has been worked on just would love to see a mention of it. Perhaps it can be worked in as an alternatr combat system for thr RPG.

Mechanically, the combat system for Tactics and the RPG are different enough, and thematically, they are two separate timelines, so I doubt there is any likelihood of that.

I know that >G really wants Prime War to succeed, and once Oblivaeon is done, there will be nothing else in the way. As part of a team that really likes the game, we're excited about the way that development is currently going, and we're eagerly anticipating the launch of Prime War and the subsequent competitive season. However, also as a fan, i'm measurably more interested in having Prime War, and the Tactics product line continue past this edition, and in order for that to happen, it needs to be excellent, rather than fast. >G may have pulled the trigger a bit early on announcing the expansion, but there is a genuine interest in delivering a good product, and to have a competitive scene and good story that lasts into the future.

To be completely fair, had they not announced it, there’d likely be the exact same questions and discussion, just sub Broken City for Prime War.

Not to put words in anyone’s mouth, but >G will likely announce more when they have something to announce. Unfortunately, there’s a few people who have been burnt by the delays and the process; Christopher wants to make sure to do right by those people, even if it doesn’t always feel that way.

I meant BC. announcing it less than six months after the release of the first core game release. Although it was the catalyst for my game group to try the game, it was still probably a little too quick of a turnaround, considering the relatively unknown competitive scene.

I asked in comments section in the April update if there was any news. Paul responded "Not yet. We'll have more info about that after OblivAeon is completely to the printer and off our plate." So just keep holding your breath I guess, they'll tell us when they tell us.

True I would love a progress at least so we know it's been getting some attention and not just the baby that's been put in the corner for 2 years

Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

lets be realistic, with the current track record of the company since we had the preorder way back in Feb 2015, once oblievean is done, then it will e the rpg, and then new sentinels of earth prime, another kickstarter designed and delivered before this game.  The question is not when they deliver but if at the end of 5 years and we finally get it, if the "here a little something for sticking with us" is worth the interest of the so far 3 year intrest free loan. If this pre-ordered had been done through kickstarter, it would of been worse for greater than games, by it being a pre-order, most people have forgotten they have ordered this, where on kickstarter, you see everything you have bqcked and people would see how long it has been and the complete and utter lack of news of any substanial sort.  at this point, listen to letters, they put more effect into that than this game cause you get more info on the timeline so you will know who all is alive in this game.

This is not an accurate assumption.

@godzilla999666

We definitely don't want to hang on to anyone's money if they have lost confidence in Prime War! We are more than happy to give you a refund if you would like one.

Can you confirm that Prime War will be the next thing out of the gate after OblivAeon since people have already paid for it?

Right, we know Sentinels of Earth-Prime is next, but that's just Christopher designing the cards.  No one from >G is helping out with the art, the printing, and as far as we know, the playtesting (though I bet they do some of their own playtesting on their own time).  However, it does sound like the RPG is next.  I'd bet that they work on Prime War after that, while they wait to see if it's worth doing an expansion for the RPG.

As far as I know, the RPG is primarily being tested by the design team and their playtesters. That may change once the Starter Set is out, but from my perspective, there is nothing on the >G playtester's plate after OBV except for Prime War(as Green Ronin is Publishing SoEP, I'm assuming they will likewise have their own playtesters on that product). I personally think that Prime War is getting all of the attention it can at the moment, and have full faith that it will get the focus it needs and be Greater Than most people's expectations in due course.

As someone who loves the Tactics game and storyline, I have nothing but excitement and eagerness to have Prime War come to fruition. I can tell you that my team and I have been pouring all of the love we have for the game into playtesting and giving feedback, and although we are only a drop in the bucket(compared to OBV), Prime War is not falling by the wayside.

The fact that some passionate playtesters are spending attention on it doesn't mean it hasn't fallen by the wayside.  It's obvious it has fallen by the wayside, and rightfully so given GtG's other urgent priority (OblivAeon).  But if Tactics isn't going to be the next thing out the door at GtG, then I think I will take Paul up on his refund offer (as soon as I can figure out how to do that…).  I gave GtG $163.73 back on Jan 19, 2015 for Broken City, For Profit, and the painted minis.  If fulfilling that two-year-old order isn't their very next priority after OblivAeon, then I need my money back.  I've been patient enough.

I'm hard pressed to disagree with Spiff. We've received little information about products already paid for while I have lots of emails from >G about other products coming along, being developed, printed, sold. I understand from Rysmith6's post that playtesters have been testing play and giving feedback. But have there been changes and adjustments in response to this feedback? Where's it at in development? I feel partially that regardless of the amount of playtesting done, that without little official news or updates from >G there may have been little actual work done on the products since we were told they were scrapping the original concepts over a year ago.

Yes. Quite a lot. Iterations and version numbers were coming out at a pretty furious pace before the PT forum had to buckle down for the all-hands-on-deck OblivAeon stuff starting flying at a much higher clip.

We all keep saying this, and you all are free to keep not believing us, but work has been done and will continue to be done. Any more than that I can't talk about. But thats the truth, plain and simple.

Your response regarding iterations and versions makes me much more sanguine, thank you.

The problem is that Tactics is stuck in a single long development cycle. Lots of progress can be made, but it’s all incremental. There is no good way to describe the progress that has been made, and it’s difficult to estimate how close it is to completion. All you can do is periodically assure people that work is continuing, because there won’t be any evidence to show for it until the end.

This is starting to read like Duke Nukem Forever. Which seemed like it was always being developed.  Hopefully a better outcome at the end though.