Question of the Day!

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: My sandwiches are usually homemade; I prefer meat & cheese, or peanut butter & jelly.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #80: If you play RPGs, are you more often the GM or a player?

GM. Almost always the GM. By a fluke, I currently playing in a game, which is only the second in the past decade, I believe. At the same time, there are three I’m GMing.

I’m a few days behind…

Sandwhiches: If you go by ratio eaten, PB&J - strawberry jam. Followed closely by the Whopper Junior, then the McDouble.
As for which I enjoy most? a good stuffed pita shawarma.

GM v Player? Almost always GM. I seldom have as much fun as a player.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Definitely the GM, mainly because I am the most knowledgeable about the rules in my group. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I played anyone other than an NPC.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #81: Read a book or browse the Internet?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #82: You’ve just learned a new language! What language is it?

Klingon - or maybe Tolkien’s elvish? Something completely useless like that. :wink:

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Ooh, that’s something I haven’t thought of. So probably Elvish or Latin, then.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #83: Would you say you are more like an Elf* or a Dwarf?

*High Fantasy Elves, te be exact. Not Christmas elfs or house elfs.

I look more like a dwarf, but act and feel more like an elf. (Species dysphoria?)

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Well, I’m relatively tall and not clean-shaven, so I don’t physically resemble either. and I’m not as aloof as an Elf or as stubborn as a Dwarf . . .

fjur’s Questions of the Day #84: What endangered species are you most concerned about?

Bats and bees. They’re not flashy like pandas and whales, but if their populations collapse, a lot of ecosystem-wide bad things happen.

Are wolves still endangered? They’re probably the animal I’m most personally invested in the welfare of. Mostly because they’re my pick to take over the planet after we kill ourselves; we already know from dogs that they’re capable of evolving for substantially greater intelligence, and that they have very stable social dynamics. If the earth is ever going to get another intelligent species, they’re the best candidates on land as far as I’m aware; dolphins probably have them beat planet-wide, but I don’t think chimpanzees are likely to improve rather than degenerate.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Well, I’d like no more species to go extinct. Pollinators going would definitely be bad, though. I’m not too concerned about what the next intelligent species is going to be once humans are gone, however. Also, way back when I did a school project on the North American Pika, so I have a soft spot for them.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #85: You’re infected with an incurable supernatural affliction that turns you into a monster (zombie, lycanthrope, et cetera)! You are still somewhat in control, but you feel urges of aggression towards everyone around you. Do you terminate yourself to save your loved ones, seek a cure, or something else?

Are you kidding? I’d find the lair of some ISIS-type organization and give in fuly to the monstrosity, knowing that everyone I’d slaughter would fully deserve it, and meanwhile I could stop pretending to participate in a civilization that I’ve always despised. (The fact that it gives me fun board games and an Internet where I can talk about them is the only upside, and in the grand scheme of things it’s a fairly trivial one, which occupies all my time only because I have nothing more useful to do with myself.)

This scenario is so totally win-win for me that I have to assume it’s some kind of trick question.

Hah! Trick question! It was all just a simulation!

fjur’s Questions of the Day #86: What one fictional character would you most want to be real?

Probably Captain Planet or something; I could do better if I thought about it a bunch. Ideally I’d want a character who has both the power and the inclination to fix all of the world’s problems, but it’s hard finding a character like that since they tend to end all conflict in their story.

Curses! Foiled again!

#85 I doubt they’d notice … I have bipolar disorder already.

#86 Zefram Cochrane (Star Trek, inventor of the Warp Drive)

Uh, I’m no psychologist, but I don’t think Bipolar Disorder includes rotting flesh or fangs and claws . . .

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Oh, I don’t know . . . how about . . . Randolph Carter? The Time Traveller? Faramir?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #87: You have a clone! What do you do about this?

Assuming the clone is newly born and doesn’t have all the health problems I have, I’d just point at myself and tell him “Go make better choices.”

Never underestimate the clulessness of the depressed. Nor the ability of the depressed to forget personal hygiene…

#87: The clone is a person. If they’re not adult apparent age, secure custody and sue the pants off the creator.
If adult, sue their creator for attempted identity theft .

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Reverse engineer it . . . for Science! (Which probably won’t work because it was most likely created by Biomancer using Alchemy, which is part Magic, thus Science cannot understand it.)

I will be unavailable to ask question until next Saturday, so . . .

fjur’s Questions of the Day #88: Would anyone like to fill in for me as Interim Questioneer unil then?