Regular Skype meetups

I blame our loss on it being the first time we had all played via google+/vassal, curse this technology that lets people from around the world play together!

It was still fun at least. Maybe we can work out a regular group or times for more online gaming.

I'm excited that you guys even pulled it off.  That gives me hope to play a game or two with some forumites when I'm free from school work!

It may take a few more games to work out the best way to play with multiple people, but eventually things should be smooth sailing.

Did one person get declared "Head Sentinel" and control the Villain and Environment decks while everyone else played heroes?  Or did one person control the V & E decks with a Hero as well?  Were seven people each manning a deck in a full game?  Gah, the possibilities are so numerous!!!

We used Vassal, which meant that we could all see and control any of the decks. There isn't enough space on a monitor to see everything, so there's a certain amount of shifting back and forth between views, which I didn't like as much as being able to see all of the cards in play at a glance.

The file we used for Vassal allowed one to draw from a deck, shuffle a deck, and put cards into a hand, into a play area, or into the trash. It also allowed for manually adjusting hit points.

We nominally had one person in charge of manipulating the villain and environment decks, though I was impatient enough to break that when doing damage to villain targets.

One of the things I've noted is that it would be convenient if the players that played first and last did _NOT_ control the villain and environment, giving them, instead, more of a chance to think of their own actions and cards immediately before/after their turn. At a table, that's sometimes problematic, since the people playing the first and last hero are often the people sitting next to the villain or environment, but with Vassal it's not an issue.

As something of a tangent, I have found it very useful to have each player talk through what they are doing as they play, so all of the other players have a better chance of keeping up on what is going on (as well as alerting the person playing if they are doing something wrong).

One of the things that was mentioned as a problem was the card size, they were taking up a signifigant portion of the screen... if only I had remembered that vassal has a zoom in/out option it wouldn't have been an issue!

I can't believe I missed all this! I feel so stupid! Okay, I'll make sure to check back here frequently for any other times this happens! I've been waiting to play with all you forum-goers online for a while, and I missed it! I need to pay more attention to this thread!

EDIT: So this Vassal program, I need to download it, yes? Is it Mac friendly?

Well you could download the vassal thing. There may be a time we try it out again, but I do want to try using the actual decks next time around, especially with the limited selection of the heroes, villians, and environment were on there. Granted someone could use Vassal for their hero while someone else used own deck at home, the Vassal user would just have to use the ScreenShare so that way everyone else could see it. I think I may be available all day Tuesday (I say I think because I know I don't have work but my wife may have plans for us) so anyone wanting to try then would be fine by me.

Wow, I just realised I was looking at the wrong time when I checked to see when this game had happened - I was looking at the time under the "joined date" of the person posting before me, not the time the post was made, which was around 5pm my time. So had I not been busy, I would have actually been around for this, lol. All my forums lay stuff out differently, so I have to look in different places on each one to see stuff such as the time a post was made.

As for talking through what you're doing when you play...well, I do that anyway - how else are the other players (or, single other player in my case) supposed to know what you're doing? Or what the villain/environment is doing, comes to that. Playing a game online, I'd probably just get out the decks that people are using, plus the villain and environment decks, so I can look at the cards but would probably also have an on-screen list somewhere to track hp more easily since I can't really fit loads of cards and my dice on the desk I'm using. As long as every card is announced as it's played, as is every instance of damage/healing, I think it'd be pretty easy to keep track of things.

Then again, I'd actually need to be online at the right time to catch people for a game. What happens if more than five people turn up? Split into groups?

Sorry I missed it after instingating it. I had compouter problems, and woke up late. Instead I discovered a gaming night at a cafe in Montreal. Tought 3 francophones (one who wasn't too good with English) the game! I had to translate (with a little help form the newbies) and had a blast. We decimated omnitron (We had inspiring prescence out first turn, and Expatriette got her pride and prejudice out turn 3). Essentially we decimated omnitron. Second time Plague rat ate us like turkey dinner. 

I'm downloading Vassal right now, and I'll see if I can get the hang of it. What's my next step? Make a Google+ account? Everyone feel free to shout out whenever you'd like to play, and we'll see what times are good for everyone.

Making a Google + account would be helpful, it may be a fairly regular thing we use since it does have group webchat. And like I have said I will be available all Tuesday the 27th of November.

Alright, got a Google+ account and ready to go.

I could do it Tuesday, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm usually busy most of the day until after 6:00 Central, but after that, I currently don't have anything planned.

On Wednesday, Nov. 28, I'm free most of the day, with no plans currently set as well.

These are both subject to change, but if there are a decent number of people who set themselves to play, I will put those times as my top priority.

Still up for a game around 6 Evan? It's less than 2 hours away. Anyone else want to join in aswell?

Another time, sadly.  There is homework to be done.  Thank you for the invite!

I think I'll be in bed by then - it's gone half ten in the evening here, and I have work tomorrow so I usually head off between 11pm and midnight.

I should of posted something sooner, there were so many people on today that there surely could of been a game a few hours ago, too bad I was distracted with awesomely awesome to the max playtesting!!! I guess another time, unless there are anyone wanting to try for tonight?

If there is a game going on tonight I could stand to revenge myself on one of the villains for our last defeat.

Around 6:00 you say? Time zone? I can rush back to my dorm room right now if need be.