Sentinels Statistics Project

Ill be updating the Stats tonight (Monday night)

Sorry. I got home from work tonight and pretty much collapsed into bed. 

June Stats Posted! (6/3/14)

The June Stats are up. Remember, Ive removed the individual information pages - you can look them up directly from the Raw Stats file by going to the last sheet.

You can also download the sheet for your own use from the dropbox. Don't forget that!

Poor Miss Information has dropped to the bottom of the pack, but she is still pretty brutal in Advanced mood. Speaking of advanced mode, I got a PM just as I started to update the form, Vex85 said he had 100++ advanced games to enter. So they willbe in for the next month!

And the stats have gone about and radically changed advanced wise as well - Lots of flux there, but were getting up to the 100games area per villain (or... mostly there) so that should start to look pretty good.

Iron Legacy still dominates the top, but Cosmic Omnitron is much harder than his rating suggets. The Dreamer has really coem up into her own as well. 

We also had our first 6 hero game against Iron legacy! For a win! Congrats, FryGuy! He left a comment - I thought Id share it

Iron Legacy at the Time Cataclysm using Team Leader Tachyon, Tempest; Freedom, Wraith: Price of Freedom, Bunker Engine of War, Absolute Zero Elemental Wrath, and Golem Unity. No Incaps!

"Jeez this fight is insane.

Picked Time Cataclysm because Metropolis doesn't make much thematic sense (Even Iron Legacy in his evil mode isn't targeting innocents).

Tach was at 14 before she took a turn. This was won mostly on the back of some nice interactions with Unity and pushing Legacy under his HIT EVERYONE side. Stealth Bot and a couple Throat Jabs basically managed to stop the group from dying outright, and Bunker lost both his ammo drops before getting to use them. Unity had Swift going, and then raptors to keep him lowish, while AZ slowly pushed him into the low 10s at which point an Omni-Cannon managed to blow him out of the air. 

Would have been all but impossible if Unity hadn't started with Pylon to get Swift and Stealth down at the start. Also starting with a Final Evolution that hits everyone for 3 is not nice. No chance they would have won this on Advanced."

For the "Omnitron's Devices After Omnitron died" game-end condition, the summary lists all 10 as defeats, but in fact there are 3 defeats and 7 victories with that condition.  Is that intended to be a failure-only condition rather than a generic one?

nah i probably put it in wrong. I’ll fix it tonight

In heroes tab, Team Size (Normal), Heroes = 5, games = 283, wins = 297!? 104.95%?

The 4 player advanced Matriarch was mis-entered. Correct one follows it.

Yeah i guess i never updated my 5 Hero Team Win formulas to remove the advanced wins from it as well. Its bene updated.

287 237 82.58%

July Update

July 4th delayed the update a little bit, with family obligations and what not. But the update is now available for your purusal. 

Not much to say in this one! I dont remember if I got around to correcting the Omnitron snafu yet (about devices inplay and wins/losses) but if I can keep it in my head Ill sit down and look through the code tonight after work.

Other than that, stats are still fluctuating a little bit - you can see Miss Information climbed a few ranks and the Dreamer is tearing em /up/. As usual, these new version is available in the drop box for comparison to last months. 

Enjoy!

Hey all,

I love the work that's been done on capturing a bunch of games. I took a shot at putting them into a form that allows more detailed investigation than the initial reports being created. They are up to date as of July 22. I've not been able to establish a reading connection to the output google document (yet). I think it may be possible, but I've not been able to yet.

Anyway, you can see my efforts at http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/Sentinels1/Overview?:embed=y&:display_count=no which I think provide some interesting insights (enough so I'd love to see this linked to on the front page).

Some initial insights:

• The Dreamer is the worst villain for moving up in # of heroes. She's pretty easy with 3, tough against 4, and brutal against 5. No other villains comes close. The Ennead is the only other one that is harder with more players.
  • Citizen Dawn is pretty even against any # of players.
  • Wagner Mars Base, in particular, seems different depending on the villain. Seems easy for the heroes to beat the Ennead there but much harder for Mad Bomber Baron Blade.
  • The previous observation, particularly, but many others, are very limited by sample size. MORE GAMES, PLEASE!
  • There may be some "good" and "bad", statistically, match-ups for heroes and villains, but, again, sample size. Some interesting data, at least.
  • Picking heroes vs. choosing randomly didn't have as big an impact as I expected. On the order of 2-10%.

I'm sure lots more people can discover more, if they are interested.

Arathorn

(Edit: Fixed link)

i have just started going over this, but AWESOME work. I know how much time and dedication a simple thing like this takes. And it gives great info for scenario-based campaigns or how to avoid theme-traps beyond the obvious ones.

I assume the blank spots in the various amount to "no data available".

Yeah, blank spaces are "no data". Glad you're enjoying it, PePe. Any feedback or thoughts on improvements to it?

The one thing I can think of it's adding a way to match Hero/Villain/fun factor (or is it how the game felt?). Maybe environment/Villain too. Maybe it's too subjective to be useful.

Pretty awesome man.

Are you using the Report or the Raw Data that I throw down into the Dropbox folder? I ask cause i notice you have one 2 hero game - there are actually like 30-40 2 hero games entered, just that the data for them is on a seperate page. If you have one then there is one i missed pulling out... XD

lynkvox, I'm using the data from the google doc. I wasn't aware of the dropbox one. I, sadly, haven't even read all the posts in this thread. Can you point me to that location again, please? (Though I will again.)

PePe, are you looking for something like http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/Sentinels1/DifficultyViews?:embed=y&:display_count=no ? That should also be available as a tab from what I linked before.

Arathorn

if you're using the googledoc, keep doing so. The drop box lags a month behind, as I only update it when i update the report.

But if you want the raw data as an excell file to be easier to work with, you can get them at the dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9t6pyl7zb76wony/ynMJKqGZWP

i also linked that doc into the top post of this thread (and finally put in a link to the naive bayes score and the android app for it as well, thanks mkgrey and rkcr)

Awesome. Yeah, I only have a tiny fraction of the two-player games.... I'm not sure I'll get those added before I go on vacation. Thanks for all the work! Great data and input method.

Arathorn

Awesome work, Thanks for the effort

I updated with games through this morning. Same link. I included all the two-player games, too. I didn't do any data corrections, so multiples may exist. 

I'm not having any luck getting a real-time connection to the google document. Google's API for accessing things is ... not as robust and complete as I'd like. It might be possible to set up a side SQL database and sync them all the time, but I'm not quite sure I have all the resources necessary to do something like that. If someone else is interested in doing this, I'm willing to help and provide ideas. It seems like it involves setting up something like Thunderbird with an account subscribed to changes in the document and then automatically downloading the new document and putting it into a SQL DB.

Let me know with other requests for reports.

Arathorn